Sign in to follow this  
Cornchips

Revert all priests getting locate soul/nolocate

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should only Fo/Libila have nolocate, and only Vynora/Libila have locate soul?

• yes
    • no

I haven't seen a thread for this topic yet so I guess here we go,

all priests having locate/nolocate right now, and it pretty much made it another pvp requirement to be nolo'd.

It was never a problem for giving libila locate soul, but I don't think there was ever a mention of giving every priest it, now it's just ridiculous and is making every priest exactly the same, there should be advantages and incentives to go priest certain religions. I'm sure someone can word better than me how this is a problem because i'm terrible at explaining stuff.

• Like 12

I liked the idea of vyn and lib having locate. Then fo and mag having nolocate to counter it a bit.

• Like 1

-1. WL and BL won't be balanced to the point where everyone is satisfied while BL has 1 type of priest and WL has 3 types of priests.

I like having both on my Lib priest and I do not see why these cannot be common spells across all religions...

Currently this update made locate soul a useless spell....as nice as it is to cast nolo on myself, i would have to agree and say +1.

Currently this update made locate soul a useless spell....as nice as it is to cast nolo on myself, i would have to agree and say +1.

Made it an interesting spell surely... for instance:

Watkins142 (yer bro) is the "enemy's" Great General and a Champion of some meanigless god or the other... suffice to say he is always where the action is at... except he and his favourite alt are far away ahead of the priest casting Locate... meanwhile all his strapping soldiers of the insert black or white light are creeping up on the foul temple of the heathen scum...

Or, the opposite...Watkins143 (a feckless cousin, you know who I mean), a known Captain on the enemy and yellow bellied and yellow spined hound is spotted through Locate approaching a nearby defence point over a period of casts... a known wimp (like me) he never travels alone so can be expected to have a large force with him, all no lo'ed... Sound the Alarm, Call out the Guard, Ride Brave Warriors of the insert black or white light TO VICTORY (oh sorry, carried away there), but he is on his own, neked, as a decoy... meanwhile the true force is creeping up on the foul hearted god's temple... This tactic may require someone knowing yer log on details of course.

Or, having had the beloved enemy pound yer no lo for hours, you all take off the rings at the same time... just before you enter local of the temple led by Watkins 8,9,10 (your er, some er, distant, er... oh whatever)

Failing that the enemy burns thousand of favour running Locate to counter you no lo,,, or just stops caring and gives up, which makes No Lo worthless.. win win I say... adding variation to tactics and planning and enjoyment

Just my thoughts... but I am new to pvp

Get ride of locate and nolocate, reduce the range an enemy shows up on local chat to 40-50 tiles max. Enjoy.

Locate soul is a bad metagaming encouraging feature that should be removed