Sign in to follow this  
eyerobot

Make Anchors Part Of The Ship

It would be nice if anchors were attached by the owner of a ship, And then could be used in the right click menu, In a drop down box.  Which is used to raise, Or lower the anchor.  And the anchor does not go into the players inventory when it is raised, But stays attached to the ship like real ones.

Also it should be possible for the owner of a ship to remove an anchor, So that it can be replaced when it is damaged.

This would keep the existing decay on anchors, Also the possibility of having one stolen would not be changed.

Another good idea posted by

Othob Rithol

Is to have stone anchors, So that new players won't be left out, Due to the difficulties in finding lead.

Edited by eyerobot
  • Like 10

As long as the anchors don't decay while attached I'll give my +1.

Making it required to build it would be bad though. I am cursed blessed with a good number of lead veins but lead can be hard to find in some regions and I believe that anchors are not mailable.

+1, also allow anchor to be made from iron ..... I mean really, I have been around plenty of boats, no lead anchors.

Should just be one of the required components to build a boat. Maybe make a rowboat exempt, since newbs might not have access to lead....or make a stone anchor possible.

• Like 1

make lead anchors decay very slow and iron and stone decay faster?

I hate anchors in my inventory, so I completely agree with this suggestion.

As for the offshoot regarding non-lead anchors, I'm sure the reason anchors are lead is because they wanted more uses for lead. If they made lead pipes for building new water sources, lead dishes, and maybe lead bullets for slings (we'd need slings first), they'd feel less guilty about letting anchors be made from something else.

Should just be one of the required components to build a boat. Maybe make a rowboat exempt, since newbs might not have access to lead....or make a stone anchor possible.

I have thought of that as well. It's a good idea to have stone anchors with quick decay.