Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Dragons are Mining and not Bashing

First off I feel I need to point out that I did not intentionally trap this dragon in my mine. I have lived within 50 tiles of the outermost limits of the Red Dragon's domain for over a year now. Earlier this week it chased me further outside of its domain than it ever has previously. Then it ducked inside a mine I did not realize was open while I was still within combat range of it. The mine in question holds an Utmost iron vein and was not intended to house a dragon. After it ducked inside we were unable to get it to leave. We tried going inside to start combat and pulling back out again. It did not make any attempt to escape. Because the mine holds several valuable veins we put a mine door over it to hide it. This mine normally has a door over it, but it decayed and I did not realize it needed replacing. We expected the dragon to begin bashing the door within a day and eventually leave to return to its domain. Unfortunately that was not the case as shown in the below images.

Taken on Monday

EACdZPl.jpg

Taken on Friday

ogW2tZT.jpg

The dragon has begun mining down the tiles inside the mine. I thought this was removed from mobs because it needlessly destroys mines. Yes, I am aware that the most recent update made Uniques "bash better in caves". What I'm trying to say is that its not bashing the mine door on the cave. Its making no attempt to escape at all. Its just destroying a mine that we did not attempt to lure it in to and do not want it in. This is a male dragon and it will not produce any eggs if we feed it. We have no interest in having this thing less than 20 tiles from our deed. I would be happy if it left.

In the mean time its destroying the mine. Is this a bug or is there something else I'm missing here? All it is doing is mining the floor down to make the entire place almost unpassable. If a GM wanted to teleport the thing away I would be happy enough to give them a hug. Right now I'm attempting to feed it to see if that will stop it from destroying the floor. As far as I can tell it hasn't mined away any new rock tiles. Its just mining downwards in the immediate area around it.

wheres it at? ill come get it out for you :P

set the mine door to all kingdom and it can be lead through it*

Edited by Aum

I guess it will stop when it hits water, lol

Seriously though just have a group come kill it for you.  Also you might try to use support beams on the floor not sure how that works with dragons but guess it is worth a try. 

Edited by Kegan

Not sure I would would to put them down in a rain of fire breath. Ugh, what a mess for you, OP.

i agree , invite a hunting group to take care of the pest for you. Best of luck.

Opening the mine door to Everyone worked. It finally left.

I still think there is a bug here... they shouldn't mine down like that.

Uniques mining is fine when they actually use it to escape.

Although a dragon mining out a lair does seem cool... assuming the dragon used it as a lair. Even amassed a hoard  :P

Funny really... a player can exit any minedoor they wish, even ones set to keep them out (never been sure if thats a bug or intended to avoid entrapment by a door you cant interact with inside).

Guess the pathfinding AI doesnt take that into account.

IDK what happened but back in the day when I put my red dragon in a cave it simply teleported to the surface, over and over again. Obviously thats been changed somehow..,..