Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Two really annoying bugs fixed (and a reversal)

Fixed a bug with mine entrances

Fixed a creature targetting bug where you would lose target when you or the creature moved out of range

Reverted the change that made non-priest followers of Libila only able to tame corrupted animals

• Like 1

No archery/body control gain reversal? Seriously guys I don't get your concept on where do you want to go with this game. We spent the pervious months in the spirit of "let's make it easier for newbies" ... you added new buffs for them, agros won't attack them, they got weaponless fighting etc ... and now you have taken away from them the most effective way to grind bc. Body control is one of the first things every new player grinds, because they want to able to ride a horse, simply because it's so "cool". I have seen more newbies in kchat "doing the happy dance" when they first got on a horse than I care to count. It's not like they were able to get to 21 bc in jiffy from one day to an other, it does take a couple of days to get there. If the first ever grinding session they are doing in game is gonna take twice as long now with the reduced gains I can see quite a few of them walking away ...

• Like 18

nikab i didnt even know that was removed.... and devs get us servers back runing pls...

nikab i didnt even know that was removed.... and devs get us servers back runing pls...

It was listed somewhere down in another topic ofcourse, the archery nerf, so that not everyone would see it.

Archery and body control gains have been nerfed by 60%.

• Like 1

Nice changes, but like the others i think the BC nerf was a bit overshot.

I mean, it was never the case before that people would easily reach 50 BC or whatnot because they were able to do archery. Characteristics in general are a pain to raise, no point in making it worse. Like nikab pointed out, a quick grind to archery after being premium was a way for new players (and old players on new chars) to quickly be able to ride a horse, with the current nerf (which apparently is a 60% reduction to bc gains) the "free" archery levels obtainable using the archery target are gone.

Which again only puts PvE players at a disadvantage, since PvP players can still get better gains using alts as convenient archery targets (or am i wrong and it has been made impossible?) without the level limitations of archery targets.

^ What Wkm said Rocky, some nice folks already did some test on it, and the body control gain from archery appears to be 60% less then it was before. 

• Reverted the change that made non-priest followers of Libila only able to tame corrupted animals

Thank you for quickly addressing this one!

• Like 1

Thanks for fixing targeting bug! This will be very appreciated!

Please revert BC gain changes and all archery/spell changes affiliated. I get what you try to do, make other armors more usefull, wich would be nice but as it is atm its not going to happen. Lesser armor then plate needs other buffs, it is not the right way just to nerf plate, for it to be viable. Fawkes has a good idea for this in suggestions forum. And please look over how unbalanced some offensive spells are wirth the ignoring of armor.

Edited by permo
  • Like 1

Nerfing BC gains from archery just puts new players at a disadvantage and creates yet another Window of Opportunity...

I agree to everything below this. Revert the Archery change, clearly its not wanted.

Nerfing BC gains from archery just puts new players at a disadvantage and creates yet another Window of Opportunity...

Thanks for fixing targeting bug! This will be very appreciated!

Please revert BC gain changes and all archery/spell changes affiliated. I get what you try to do, make other armors more usefull, wich would be nice but as it is atm its not going to happen. Less armor then plate needs other buffs, it is not the right way just to nerf plate, for it to be viable. Fawkes has a good idea for this in suggestions forum. And please look over how unbalanced some offensive spells are wirth the ignoring of armor.

^ What Wkm said Rocky, some nice folks already did some test on it, and the body control gain from archery appears to be 60% less then it was before. 

Nice changes, but like the others i think the BC nerf was a bit overshot.

I mean, it was never the case before that people would easily reach 50 BC or whatnot because they were able to do archery. Characteristics in general are a pain to raise, no point in making it worse. Like nikab pointed out, a quick grind to archery after being premium was a way for new players (and old players on new chars) to quickly be able to ride a horse, with the current nerf (which apparently is a 60% reduction to bc gains) the "free" archery levels obtainable using the archery target are gone.

Which again only puts PvE players at a disadvantage, since PvP players can still get better gains using alts as convenient archery targets (or am i wrong and it has been made impossible?) without the level limitations of archery targets.

• Fixed a creature targetting bug where you would lose target when you or the creature moved out of range

Awesome.

Revert BC nerf. If needed make a rollback.

Wurm is already very heavy on strength and stamina (mine for hours while semi-afk watching a video and your character gets tons strength and stamina). There's absolutely no need whatsoever for a body control nerf.

When can we expect that very minorly annoying bug of getting tossed from your cart 2 tiles away from where you see yourself being into walls, trees, fences, and roofs during which time if you are attacked, you cannot fight back because "You cannot perform actions while teleporting" only to die without anything you can do about it?

(Made even worse if you lose .250 archery)

• Like 2

Much appreciated.

Interesting though that the title mentions 2 fixes and I see 3 fixes listed...

Counting in times of stress is hard for you guys or just 2 of those issues where considered annoying.

:P

Thanks for the quick horse fix.. that was awkward if we have to destroy all enchanted grass for corrupted horses xD ..

Not sure about BC nerf... I trust the devs have studied analytics of how fast people raise characteristics... I get my 21 bc on epic through fletching, not doing much archery.

@kane: the best way to grind archery is not using alt but using animal that can withhold damage. whichever aided with spell or not. Lots of bandaging :) . Dont think the nerf is brought on for pvp only...

• Fixed a bug with mine entrances

Which one?

• Like 2

When can we expect that very minorly annoying bug of getting tossed from your cart 2 tiles away from where you see yourself being into walls, trees, fences, and roofs during which time if you are attacked, you cannot fight back because "You cannot perform actions while teleporting" only to die without anything you can do about it?

(Made even worse if you lose .250 archery)

Ran out of likes...

@kane: the best way to grind archery is not using alt but using animal that can withhold damage. whichever aided with spell or not. Lots of bandaging :) . Dont think the nerf is brought on for pvp only...

I've had a island with a champ troll for that once, but seriously, alts can heal themselves just as well... And are far easier to acquire than a champ troll. If PvP was any good i'd probably get a Fo priest to be my target (Chan grind on priest and archery on main), or better yet now we can grind archery on the fo and do both xp.

I do hear bison are nice for this kind of stuff, never really tried, but still alts are more convenient.

Edited by KanePT

Alts have to be premium to gain any skill off them to my knowledge, and its a 15 minute window per account every 3 hours. Don't see the issue considering you can gain more, if not just as much skill shooting creatures in that 15 minute time period.

Bison are also terrible because of the glance rate. I used trolls from 64 - 90 and gained only 1.5 body control at 31.

Edited by Influenza

I've had a island with a champ troll for that once, but seriously, alts can heal themselves just as well... And are far easier to acquire than a champ troll. If PvP was any good i'd probably get a Fo priest to be my target (Chan grind on priest and archery on main), or better yet now we can grind archery on the fo and do both xp.

I do hear bison are nice for this kind of stuff, never really tried, but still alts are more convenient.

No, because an alt doesn't have natural defense and armor that have high defense (plate) usually have high glance rates which = low skillgains. You want something that take the damages that doesn't die fast.. that champ troll is great, if you dominate it and bandage. If I'm not wrong too, the alt need to be different kingdom, which means grinding out of deed. 

Considering how little BC does there's no reason to make it any slower

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this