Sign in to follow this  
BrokenSanity

HoTS Non-priests Can't Tame

The latest change allowing lib priests to tame seems to have inadvertently affected non priests also.

When a non-priest player in HoTS kingdom tries to tame, they receive the message "[18:17:30] The Venerable dog is not corrupt and shys away." meaning the animal is not blessed. However blessed (corrupted) animals are only supposed to be a priest requirement. 

I'm assuming WL non priests will have this problem, as animals are by default unblessed (not corrupted).

• Like 3

asked Rolf on IRC:

[20:14] KaiH we could use a clarification if non-priest HotS are supposed to tame only corrupted horses

[20:19] Rolf yes kaih

[20:19] Rolf hmm thought i wrote that someplace

[20:20] KaiH you wrote specificly priests

[20:21] Rolf oh

[20:21] Rolf should apply to all kingdoms

[20:21] Rolf non-corrupted only for wl

all of HotS can tame only corrupted animals, it is not limited to priests.

thats a shame

what am i supposed to do with all this enchanted grass

and all of our noobs will now need to have a priest to bless their normal horses....

Edited by Propheteer

So non-priests now can't tame at all? You need a priest to play the game?

And this is a big nerf to BL, as animals all spawn non-corrupted. This means WL can tame all animals by default, but BL can't until they get a priest to bless it.

Edited by BrokenSanity

If that's the way its going to be, mobs spawned in libs influence should be corrupt by default, and the taming Nerf for bl should be removed. It still puts us in an awkward spot nature wise, but its easier for new players to work with.

Edit: Enchanted Mycelium from Love

Edited by Enzius
  • Like 4

[21:13] Oniichan apparently nongrazers can be corrupted now

[21:13] Oniichan disregard my taming comment

[21:13] Noizhead you could corrupt any mob already, it's just useless on carnivores

[21:14] Oniichan nah, we tried a few days ago

[21:14] Oniichan we couldnt corrupt our champ crocs

[21:14] Oniichan which now means we couldnt tame them

[21:14] Oniichan but i see tahts fixed now

[21:15] Noizhead seems like I remember corrupting a carnivore. oh well. at least it works

[21:15] Borken Doesn't fix the fact 80% of BLers now can't tame without a priest following them around

People find champ animals they want to tame in the wild, there is no freeking priest who will spend 30 min riding out to their location to bless the animal and then go home... this is ridicilus.

Yea it is a disadvantage but there are going to be some cons to living in the cool kingdom. :)  I liked the idea of the animals born in our influence would be born corrupted.