Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Server yoyo after update

Lol - I remember when they forgot to bring Release back up. Not until the first thread was made, did they realise, so yes, I will always want some type of update. Just saying " We are aware of the issues, and are working on getting them back up" is all I want.

• Like 1

Isn't this sort of thing the reason stuff like this should be tested somewhere before being pushed to live?  Perhaps it's time to make a copy of one of the other servers and run it in the office, for test purposes?  I mean, I get how minor spelling errors or obscure corner cases slip through, but "the servers are going down as soon as they get restarted" sounds like something that should have been caught and fixed waaaaay before the update hit the live servers.

Or do I not understand this software development lark?

• Like 1

An official one, from a staff member saying "hi, dead hamster, replacing it". That'd be fine. That's literally all it'd take. Too much to ask for?

You seem quite defensive about this, is there something we should know?

I told you everything I know. I'm sitting here like you waiting for the servers to come back up.

I don't know what is going on right now but we all should stop witch-hunting and stuff. I don't know how soon the servers will be back just that we all should calm a little down :P

I don't know what is going on right now but we all should stop witch-hunting and stuff. I don't know how soon the servers will be back just that we all should calm a little down :P

Yes, let's just sit back and accept the fact that we are paying for a Released game but getting one in Beta where updates aren't properly tested.

• Like 3

I told you everything I know. I'm sitting here like you waiting for the servers to come back up.

So what was the problem? You'd probably like reassurance that they're not out getting drunk too, right?

• Like 1

Isn't this sort of thing the reason stuff like this should be tested somewhere before being pushed to live?  

Pssst it has been tested ... on the test server, that's what that server is for.  ;)

The fact that it still doesn't work after all that testing is just ... uhm ... yeah  -_-

Edited by Nikab
  • Like 1

true . we should stay a little  calm.but we all work hard for  our money and then spend it on this game, at least they should be able to make the game work right.and if not then compensation is in order.. if i don't do my job right i'm spoken to by my boss then written up. and if it continues,and my work performence doesn't improve then, i'm fired.. maybe wurmonline should follow the same guidelines..

Isn't this sort of thing the reason stuff like this should be tested somewhere before being pushed to live?  Perhaps it's time to make a copy of one of the other servers and run it in the office, for test purposes?  I mean, I get how minor spelling errors or obscure corner cases slip through, but "the servers are going down as soon as they get restarted" sounds like something that should have been caught and fixed waaaaay before the update hit the live servers.

Or do I not understand this software development lark?

VmWare Vmotion for the win.

• Like 1

GM's aren't always privied to techinical / server issues. Especially in real time.  Have you ever had someone hover over you while you're frustrated trying to fix a problem? It's annoying...

• Like 1

Ok guys so adding new stuff made new problems that they didn't see comming.....we all know that this happens so just wait untill they fix it.

There doing the best they can at this point.....best thing to do with time is to plan what sort of thing your going to do with the new stuff and try and win the competition ;)

Edited by Garit
  • Like 1

True, it's probably a technical glitch that only 1 or 2 folks are in the know about, that being said, a 5 minute patch and the servers go down for 2 hours. Wut?

Here I'll take care of it..

Folks, as a result of our update this morning we are experiencing technical difficulties bringing the servers back online in a reliable manner.  At this time we are investigating the problem and will provide further details as they become available.  We will bring the servers up as soon as possible and as always, thank you for your patience!

Yep... that was hard.  Sometimes it's not knowing what to say, but how to say it and manage expectations.  Customer service 101.

• Like 5

Here I'll take care of it..

Folks, as a result of our update this morning we are experiencing technical difficulties bringing the servers back online in a reliable manner.  At this time we are investigating the problem and will provide further details as they become available.  We will bring the servers up as soon as possible and as always, thank you for your patience!

Yep... that was hard.  Sometimes it's not knowing what to say, but how to say it and manage expectations.  Customer service 101.

• Like 2

It would just of been nice to play today, Wasted 2 hours waiting, and waiting. Guess ill just go to work for 8 hours and hope that when i get on the servers will be back up. HOPEFULLY

Well at the time of my typing this  a certain other game about to be released on Steam  with in the next couple days , forums   are being hit by a Wurm only Thread ,       and recruitment. I don't know how our game will be affected by this but I do know the longer this last the longer people spend time surfing and looking at other sites.

The dev team is busy trying to fix it as soon as possible.

There is no ETA, but you will be advised when the server are up. Better stay on IRC in the while, so you can have a better advise when it come back online

• Like 1

Im sure they are doing what they can to solve the problem so just be patient all....

Where is this IRC that I may follow it? And thanks for letting us know, even just a little reassurance is better than being in the dark. :)

Where is this IRC that I may follow it? And thanks for letting us know, even just a little reassurance is better than being in the dark. :)

Let's all remember they are a small staff, and we have no idea how big the problem is.  The reason we haven't heard from them is that they are likely quite busy trying to fix the problem(s).  Try having some patience, you know it will be back sometime.  Let's let them do their job instead of stopping to notify us.

• Like 2