Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Server yoyo after update

no word from gms mean biiiiig problem out there

Rocky you seem to be over dramatizing this... The longer it stays down the closer we get to it being up again. 

As for GMs communicating with the community, I highly doubt that would do anything, it would just give people a different topic to post and troll about.

• Like 1

Pssst it has been tested ... on the test server, that's what that server is for.  ;)

The fact that it still doesn't work after all that testing is just ... uhm ... yeah  -_-

There's something about the code of the test servers and the code of the live servers that is different...

Lately, I haven't been able to log into test at all because I get immediate crashes and a log to my desktop. When I was actually able to log into test, I still had blue ocean/lake water, even with GLSL shaders off...  whereas in the normal game, I have black oceans.

Exact same client settings are used in both instances.

Rocky you seem to be over dramatizing this... The longer it stays down the closer we get to it being up again. 

As for GMs communicating with the community, I highly doubt that would do anything, it would just give people a different topic to post and troll about.

GMs are players like us anyway. They aren't in Sweden and probably don't have a red phone to dev desk.

Rooooollllbaaaaaack:)

Yeah that is the standard practice when you mess it up. Rollback then fix the problem them release again.

Let's all remember they are a small staff, and we have no idea how big the problem is.  The reason we haven't heard from them is that they are likely quite busy trying to fix the problem(s).  Try having some patience, you know it will be back sometime.  Let's let them do their job instead of stopping to notify us.

Edited by Aeris

Perhaps they were just trying to give everyone the opportunity to be the first online? :D

Well, not all.  All bar Indie, which is having trouble still, it seems.  Even more frustrating than all of them being down ;-)

• Like 1

Here I'll take care of it..

Folks, as a result of our update this morning we are experiencing technical difficulties bringing the servers back online in a reliable manner.  At this time we are investigating the problem and will provide further details as they become available.  We will bring the servers up as soon as possible and as always, thank you for your patience!

Yep... that was hard.  Sometimes it's not knowing what to say, but how to say it and manage expectations.  Customer service 101.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1