Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Priest updates and Decorative items!

What was it you guys kept posting when concerns were raised about the silly OP free res stone?  

Oh that's right - If you want Libila Spells, join a HotS PMK.

Did you see me posting anything about that previous tot he changes? Nope.

Did you see me posting anything complaining about the res-stone? Nope. 

Yeah I'd much rather personally have the BL spell set, which is why I'm inquiring as to whether Rolf will allow MR to convert to a BL PMK. 

:') Silly Daolin. 

Did you see me posting anything about that previous tot he changes? Nope.

Did you see me posting anything complaining about the res-stone? Nope. 

Yeah I'd much rather personally have the BL spell set, which is why I'm inquiring as to whether Rolf will allow MR to convert to a BL PMK. 

:') Silly Daolin. 

If its something you want to do, it's only a gold to found a pmk, just disband and refound as a HotS template.

If you were only MR template because of the unbalanced mag res stone then that's just kinda... sad?

• Like 2

has access to three different priests.  wants the one he can't have....

• Like 1

AFAIK neither MR nor JK whined enough to Rolf to make this happen. This is the work of a higher being

If its something you want to do, it's only a gold to found a pmk, just disband and refound as a HotS template.

If you were only MR template because of the unbalanced mag res stone then that's just kinda... sad?

....Why do you keep coming back to the Res stones thing? I've said nothing about it dude seriously. I was hoping that Lib spells would get balanced (which is much needed) this appears to not be the case so I'm investigating alternatives. MR die so rarely honestly mag res means little to nothing ;) 

Let the Mag res stones thing go man, I an't even mad about that. The issues I'm irritated about is the lack of nerf for Fungus trap + Zombie related spells. Plus the archery side of things. 

....Why do you keep coming back to the Res stones thing? I've said nothing about it dude seriously. I was hoping that Lib spells would get balanced (which is much needed) this appears to not be the case so I'm investigating alternatives. MR die so rarely honestly mag res means little to nothing ;)

Let the Mag res stones thing go man, I an't even mad about that. The issues I'm irritated about is the lack of nerf for Fungus trap + Zombie related spells. Plus the archery side of things. 

I think everyone agrees the archery change was silly, just another window of opportunity that's closed.

All our spells received the same cooldown nerfs as their WL counterparts, they weren't all noted in the change logs.  Zombies were also nerfed, the whole -10cr if you are leading anymore than 1 creature, so no backup horse if you have a zombie, or no zombie if you want a backup horse.  Kinda laughable the claim that zombies are overpowered when they were nerfed into the ground years ago.

I'd actually support a further nerf on zombies if we were given some sort of way to preserve corpses, or perhaps just make them last more than 20 hours.  Can't breed champ trolls to use anywhere nearly as effortlessly as say, a Mag priest with dominate.

if that happens i will eat my socks.

You will probably need to go buy some more socks then ;)

Magranon priest death protection (at 70+ faith and 35+ favor) now works like a free res stone at above 70 faith and 35 favor but does not stack: You have 50% chance of retaining your items.

Eh... I recently went Magranon priest and was working my faith up and to be entirely honest one of the only reasons I was doing it was the res stone; without that ability there isn't much reason to be a magranon priest. I do agree that the free res stone effect Magranon had was relatively unbalanced but the way to fix it was to make it not work with things like artifacts and also give the other priests passive bonuses; instead of simply nerfing everything.

It's also typical that when I'm grinding archery hard and almost at 100 it gets nerfed into the ground haha; this game hates me ;)

BC gain change should be reverted; it's dumb.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 1

First of all, we’re really happy to announce new furniture going live!

Secondly, we are putting these priest changes in today so we can get some much needed live feedback that we may react to before the weekend. Below is a list of changes to priests in no specific order or possibly as they were implemented. As most of you are aware there has been a feedback thread going in the forum regarding these changes.

• The damage of Fireheart was increased. It now has 30 seconds cooldown.  Well, that's great.  It finally may(?) do enough damage to be worth casting, the moment it gets a cooldown making it more useless? ok

• Light of Fo now has a 2 minute cooldown  A cooldown was required, but seems like 2 minutes + resistance to heals make it a one use wonder and useless, especially considering how random the wounds healed are.  It can either be a fight changing spell or a pure waste of time/favor

Pain Rain now has a 2 minute cooldown 

Scorn of Libila now has a 2 minute cooldown  See LoF

Tentacles now has a 2 minute cooldown

Fungus Trap, Tentacles, Fire Pillar and Ice Pillar now deal double damage  I'm not sure this was necessary but time will show how it stands

Hellstrength now has 30 seconds cooldown  Ok?

Oakshell now has 30 seconds cooldown  Oakshell seems pretty useless now, it's a very short duration spell, easily dispelled, and takes even longer to cast, and then you can't reliably cast spells to stack to counter dispel either with the cooldowns there too.  It makes casting it on your horse incredibly less viable as well.  I really don't think self-buffs require a cooldown, except maybe if you're casting it on other players (or creatures too)

Rotting Gut now has 30 seconds cooldown

Shard of Ice now has 30 seconds cooldown

Smite now has 30 seconds cooldown  This... I'm not sure.  If I counted the amount of times smite was successfully used in the last 10 years on one hand, I'd have fingers left over

The difficulty of Smite was lowered to 70 from 90  Not sure what this accomplishes?

Tornado has a 2 minute cooldown  I don't think anyone has ever used tornado, isn't it a 30 or 40 second cast timer?  Vyn doesn't need 3 pillars, keep it a woodcutting spell only imo

Tornado may now stun victims for 5 seconds  Seems op

Weakness now has 30 seconds cooldown  Considering the effects it has this is probably fine

Willowspine now has 30 seconds cooldown  Nobody uses these buffs outside of stacking on top of oakshell, as said I don't think these require cooldowns

Wormbrains now has 30 seconds cooldown  Considering the damage this is probably fine, though probably prevents overheating, I guess that's similar result anyway

Shard of Ice, Rotting Gut and Fireheart now deals more damage  Guess we need to see how this plays out too

The damage effects of hitting limbs, heads and eyes were tweaked down a bit  What is the actual %?  This could be good in general, makes fights last a little longer

All priests may now use archery without penalty except in heavy armour. Light and no armour gives bonuses.  Terrible change that nobody wants?

Your most solid piece of armour now limits your ability to cast spells and perform archery

Taming is now allowed for all priests but limited to corrupted animals for Libila and non-corrupted for the other.  Should make sure animals spawning/born in libila/hots influence and/or myc? are auto corrupted or I can see this being pretty annoying

Lockpicking is now allowed for all priests.  Really needs to be just Mag and Lib

All priests may now cast Locate Soul  Really needs to be just Vyn, and Lib if we need that balance

All priests may now cast Nolocate  With everyone having locate, everyone will need nolocate which will make finding people extremely hard/impossible, and just be another severe requirement to being a priest

You now receive a severe (-10) Combat Rating penalty against other players when leading more than 1 creature Better than leading restrictions, will see how this plays out

Magranon priest death protection (at 70+ faith and 35+ favor) now works like a free res stone at above 70 faith and 35 favor but does not stack: You have 50% chance of retaining your items.  I'm not sure this was ever necessary but with all these changes this just gives even less of a reason to ever go Mag

Magranon priests may use Chain armour without penalty at 70+ faith and 35+ favor  Nobody is going to use anything but plate, this is a joke

Pretty much restating things already said by me/others in the other threads.  We're going in the right direction but a bit too much really.  The armor nerf for archery has to go.  I still believe that the direct attack spells should be limited by proper overheating to give more tactics than cast, wait, cast, wait, cast, etc.  You can choose to use your favor pool on one target and overheat/build up their resistance giving less effect anyway, or choose to cast every so often instead.

As far as Mag... time to convert Vyn if commune is ever fixed :mellow:

• Like 7

Even if the priests were exactly the same other than in name people would still complain of imbalance and bias.

• Like 3

Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down

Please undo that or just a penalty for priest, this puts new players at a huge disadvantage compared to old ones who already gained archery...

I think everyone agrees the archery change was silly, just another window of opportunity that's closed.

All our spells received the same cooldown nerfs as their WL counterparts, they weren't all noted in the change logs.  Zombies were also nerfed, the whole -10cr if you are leading anymore than 1 creature, so no backup horse if you have a zombie, or no zombie if you want a backup horse.  Kinda laughable the claim that zombies are overpowered when they were nerfed into the ground years ago.

I'd actually support a further nerf on zombies if we were given some sort of way to preserve corpses, or perhaps just make them last more than 20 hours.  Can't breed champ trolls to use anywhere nearly as effortlessly as say, a Mag priest with dominate.

Just because you can't get the most out of your spells set doesn't mean that other people can see the potential. Having alot of the best parts 3 priests condensed into one plus having superior combat spells in both group and solo PvP sounds good to me. Stop trying to down play the BL spell set because you not only look foolish to the WL kingdoms but also to the Bl kingdoms on Epic who actually can use the spell set properly. 

• Like 1

Even if the priests were exactly the same other than in name people would still complain of imbalance and bias.

I think you are mixing up the legitimate criticism of these changes with the regular crying.  

• Like 1

Just because you can't get the most out of your spells set doesn't mean that other people can see the potential. Having alot of the best parts 3 priests condensed into one plus having superior combat spells in both group and solo PvP sounds good to me. Stop trying to down play the BL spell set because you not only look foolish to the WL kingdoms but also to the Bl kingdoms on Epic who actually can use the spell set properly. 

Not playing down the BL spell set what so ever, merely pointing out that your crying about zombies when mag has dominate is adorable.

Go to your forge, get some plate sabatons I made and equip them. How does that feel? The shoe is on the other foot today it seems.

Not playing down the BL spell set what so ever, merely pointing out that your crying about zombies when mag has dominate is adorable.

Yes because Zombies = Dominate. *chuckle*

Don't act like you don't know that a Zombie troll is worth three + dominated ones. If you don't realise this then you're alittle more out of touch with your own kingdoms mechanics. Don't even get me started on Land of the dead and other Zombie spam spells....

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

If only you were smart enough to properly equip zombies...

The BC changes should obviously be reverted as it created another window of opportunity. Either that or reduce everybody's BC depending on how high their archery is. These half-assed modifications, which create new windows of opportunity, are a very bad practice in such a heavily skill based game as Wurm. The armor affecting archery sounds like a good move, using heavy armor felt like a no-brainer until now.

If only you were smart enough to properly equip zombies...

I don't tend to use Zombies as i'm not normally a priest, but i'll take any tips on "properly equipping my zombies" for the next time I feel like doing some magics.

Perhaps we are getting slightly off topic...

-1 to the archery changes!

The armor affecting archery sounds like a good move, using heavy armor felt like a no-brainer until now.

It's still a no brainer because you will die in 10 seconds if you wear anything other than plate/drake/scale - literally you will die in 2 hits; maybe 3 if you are lucky - the only difference is because spell casting and archery has been nerfed it's going to be easier to run away and avoid PvP as your horse will be difficult to shoot out and boat PvP is probably going to last for years since the only way some of these fights progressed was spell nuking and archery. The change isn't going to achieve what Rolf thinks it will unless the other armour types are also buffed significantly and something is done about boat combat.

• Like 2

Magranon priests may use Chain armour without penalty at 70+ faith and 35+ favor

Did some tests, Mag preist 84.25 faith, using a set of 80ql iron chain.

Runspeed:

-35 favor naked 12.2

+35 favor naked 12.2

-35 favor chain 9.45

+35 favor chain 9.45

Swingspeed:

-35 favor naked 10 swings 44 secs

+35 favor naked 10 swings 44 secs

-35 favor chain 10 swings 44 secs

+35 favor chain 10 swings 44 secs

Favor regen:

naked from 35 favor to 37 favor 3:10

chain from 35 favor to 37 favor 3:50

Guess they didn't test the changes at all?

Sign in to follow this