Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Priest updates and Decorative items!

The problem Fo priests had was broken single target heals, spammable LoF, and the severe limitations on Oakshell. So with this patch Fo are now terrible healers and Oakshell got ANOTHER limitation put on it. Awesome.

I did some quick testing, 60% sounds about right. Somewhere in that area.

This should get reverted right away, 60%? what the hell? maybe 20% ok but wtf.. 

• Like 2

Lol, wow.

That's totally not fair for people, and I have 95 Archery myself. <_<

Please revert BC gain from archery.

Other than that, great update.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

the point is to stop the imbalanced skill gain on one end, and try rebalance the other side. You cant help newer accounts catch up if you never stop the old guys gaining skill at a disproportionate rate than what was intended. I know this is a difficult concept, but try to bare with us. Rolf is boiling it down and going back to breathing life into his vision of chaos standing, giving it the old humpty dumpty treatment, and putting the parts all back together.

Please stop.

• Like 1

Think it is just for priest.

[21:32:34] Your armour disturbs you.

And i'm not a priest.

Priest get arrchery at the cost of body control gains. you got to give to get, since archery for all priests was never intended. This is an example of balance.

Priest get arrchery at the cost of body control gains. you got to give to get, since archery for all priests was never intended. This is an example of balance.

So nerf it 60% when you're fo or vyn, not for everyone. This has nothing to do with balance, this has become a window of oppertunity. 

Edited by whykillme

I really don't think you understand balance hogwash. How does this balance out for non priests, who have gained nothing and lost out on 60% of the BC gains from archery? Or non-priest HotS players who can no-longer tame animals?

• Like 2

Stop making absolutely retarded changes, seriously... the game is just slowly falling apart.

Maybe if you actually let the testing on the test server run for a week or month or something before just saying ' it lets put it in despite it being bugged left right and center'

Oh, How about you actually fix the current problems that EXIST, rather than creating NEW ones.

To list a few:

- De-targeting bug with horses

- Shooting through hilly terrain

- Cave floors with reinforced walls KILL people.

- You can FLY in caves if you step in from a multistory building

- You can do things in combat that you are not meant to if you target something not in combat range.

- Complete Lie about the minedoor staying open time (Even though its meant to be 30s, its still 2 minutes)

- Minedoors not opening from certain angles.

- Animals hitched to wagons bug out ontop of the surface

- BOATS!: I know its in the works, but seriously... the clipping on big boats trying to get them into a boat mine is horrendous.

- Mycelium spreading even though there is NO libila influence.

- Movement DESYNC, this is massive, it makes playing the game horribly when everything is displaced.

- Generally just the shitty optimization of the client itself.

- Massive memory leaking

- Crashing when a big group of people hit local

All that is currently happening is what TF2 turned out to be.

HERE HAVE SOME HATS BECAUSE IF IT LOOKS PRETTY IT MUST BE GOOOOOOD RIGHT?!

HATS HATS HATS!

Fix what is currently broken and stop adding a cloud of 'decorations' to distract people.

If yous can't fix it, sell the game to someone who can.

• Like 13

I feel like there was alot of potential good changes that would bring real "balance" however waht we've ended up with is a mismash of poor changes and medicore changes. Neither of which leave me feeling good about the game. Namely the archery and BC changes which are pretty terrible to the PvP game and newer players trying to get into PvP. I feel like this really needed alot more testing before being implemented. Also fungus trap was already the most powerful spell of any pillar type why did it get it's dmg doubled? It didn't need it along with tenticles.

I am happy though that all priests get nolo and can locate (great change). Plus the new cool downs are decent though I can see afew on 30secs that really should be on a 2min timer. Though with the new system for gems this shouldn't be *quite* as much of an issue. 

Also since this re-balance seems to be continuing to favoring the Blacklight spells will Rolf be offering the ability for existing PMKs to change their template to Blacklight?

• Like 7

Tip for Miniroll:

PvE is where the money lies - where should the majority of the development go? :D

• Like 1

absolutely retarded changes

your lack of class is astounding.

Also since this re-balance seems to be continuing to favoring the Blacklight spells will Rolf be offering the ability for existing PMKs to change their template to Blacklight?

oh, come on.  I know change hurts, but... come on.

I really don't think you understand balance hogwash. How does this balance out for non priests, who have gained nothing and lost out on 60% of the BC gains from archery? Or non-priest HotS players who can no-longer tame animals?

rolf never wanted WL priest to grind BC because they are not created to be the same combat skillset BL has. so you get the much desired archery but rolf wants to be sure the WL priests dont get all body control. by design they are less formidable on the battlefield, and rolf seems to be going back to his intentions. i dont think wurm is falling apart i think its being put back together. 

What was it you guys kept posting when concerns were raised about the silly OP free res stone?  

Oh that's right - If you want Libila Spells, join a HotS PMK.

• Like 5

Washing Bowl, Brass info

The "bowl" to start - 1.50kg brass lump

Brass ribbons - 3.00kg lump x3

Pottery bowl

Stop making absolutely retarded changes, seriously... the game is just slowly falling apart.

Maybe if you actually let the testing on the test server run for a week or month or something before just saying '###### it lets put it in despite it being bugged left right and center'

Oh, How about you actually fix the current problems that EXIST, rather than creating NEW ones.

To list a few:

- De-targeting bug with horses

- Shooting through hilly terrain

- Cave floors with reinforced walls KILL people.

- You can FLY in caves if you step in from a multistory building

- You can do things in combat that you are not meant to if you target something not in combat range.

- Complete Lie about the minedoor staying open time (Even though its meant to be 30s, its still 2 minutes)

- Minedoors not opening from certain angles.

- Animals hitched to wagons bug out ontop of the surface

- BOATS!: I know its in the works, but seriously... the clipping on big boats trying to get them into a boat mine is horrendous.

- Mycelium spreading even though there is NO libila influence.

- Movement DESYNC, this is massive, it makes playing the game horribly when everything is displaced.

- Generally just the shitty optimization of the client itself.

- Massive memory leaking

- Crashing when a big group of people hit local

All that is currently happening is what TF2 turned out to be.

HERE HAVE SOME HATS BECAUSE IF IT LOOKS PRETTY IT MUST BE GOOOOOOD RIGHT?!

HATS HATS HATS!

Fix what is currently broken and stop adding a cloud of 'decorations' to distract people.

If yous can't fix it, sell the game to someone who can.

+1 God yes to all of that!

Although I have no issues with crashes neither lag myself after dedicating more memory to wurm

Where's the cooldown for drain health..?

It's just not included in the notes but it has been altered to 30 secs like the others.

• All priests may now use archery without penalty except in heavy armour. Light and no armour gives bonuses.

Lockpicking is now allowed for all priests.

All priests may now cast Locate Soul

All priests may now cast Nolocate

Only vynora and libila should be able to cast locate soul, and only fo and libila should be able to cast nolo, or else it's getting to the point of carbon copies and the uniqueness of being a certain priest taken away. Lockpicking in my opinion should only be lib and magranon as well, it would give mag something special and I don't really think it was ever mentioned to be given to anyone except mag/lib.

Buff spells like oakshell and willowspine really don't need a cooldown either I don't think, it's sorta like going back to why aosp had one, it's just annoying to have it.

Going to this armor thing, alright, no one will never not wear plate in pvp combat

This only hinders the ability to start a fight by archering horses or shooting people from a boat, already people with 90 archery often, almost always, miss 5/10 arrows from long ranges, this just isn't neeeeeeeededdddddddddddd at allllllllllllllllllllllll

A lot of people always focus on the negative side when stuff like this comes up, but dear god the archery change to allow all priest the ability to without losing faith is amazing,along with the cooldowns on most things.

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 5

Tip for Miniroll:

PvE is where the money lies - where should the majority of the development go? :D

A lot of those bugs also apply for PvE.

I admit a few are just PvP related, but thats not the point, they are still GAMEBREAKING bugs that need to be resolved before other things are implemented.

Sign in to follow this