Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Priest updates and Decorative items!

I love how the devs really take time to sort though the suggestion threads we make, sort out the facts, and implement changes to this game. A large part of the reason I have pledged many years of support into my wurm premium time. I know you guys are doing a thankless job over there in Sweden, but from the bottom of my black heart, thank you  many times for doing Libila's work.

• Like 1

[18:10:48] You need to wait 29 seconds until you can cast Drain health again.

Was the increased cool down on drain health from 5 seconds to 30 an intended change? I don't see it on the list of spell changes.

Edited by BrokenSanity

• The damage effects of hitting limbs, heads and eyes were tweaked down a bit
Edited by Arkhir

On a non-priest account:

[18:17:30] The Venerable dog is not corrupt and shys away.

This is a bad idea for non-priests, any BLers with taming will now need a priest following them around to bless animals?

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 1

[18:10:48] You need to wait 29 seconds until you can cast Drain health again.

Was the increased cool down on drain health from 5 seconds to 30 an intended change? I don't see it on the list of spell changes.

Taking a wild guess here I'm going to say it was intended, since it was pretty clear what is the developers conception for spells.

Taking a wild guess here I'm going to say it was intended, since it was pretty clear what is the developers conception for spells.

Seems like a long cooldown for a spell that does about 2? damage on average. I thought these changes were to stop spell nuking.

• Like 1

why was archering nerfed? i don't think anyone had a issue with it?

Also why did tentacles damaged get doubled aswell seeing as it was already the strongest aoe spell and it ignores armour

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 1

Does anyone remember years ago he tried to do this, for just great helms?

Yeah people didn't like it back then....

Guess what ^_^

• Like 3

This seems to me to be a clear sign that rolf now understands balance does not mean do what the majority wishes. balance for the sake of balance, not appeasement. we will see if the flip flops or the flop flips..I have a feeling hes sticking to his guns now. This looks like the results of a drawn out thought process and some testing instead of the usual change on a whim. the old trick of  getting all your mates to get all up in arms and doing the "puffer fish routine" on the forums or ringing up the the batphone nonstop is no longer going to work. 

Edited by Hogwash

How about since mag priests only have one passive which is good and the spells don't compare to others. that mag can bash things, because you know MAGRANON THE GOD OF WAR / DESTRUCTION isn't allowed to bash things... that's some mighty fine Rogic right there.

• Like 1

I have a feeling hes sticking to his guns now.

I hope so, because if people are going to harass him out of his conception we're going to end up with the same mistakes that made us request some of these changes in the first place.
  • Like 2

An attempt to promote the use of armor other than plate/drake. It's not going to happen as no archer will dare to go in leather knowing that he needs to stay still to shoot an arrow and risk getting increased damage if he gets hit by enemy arrows and that he won't stand a chance once the enemies reach him.

• Like 2

Randomly adds things on test server.. stays on test server for 2 days max and makes it live?! Rolf did you even look through anything? You were recieving  A  LOT of feedback from test server I don't see the need to make it live.

Some things are literally broken and were reported through the test server!!! Some REALLY gamebreaking bugs and now you made them live?! what is this?!

Edited by Lundy
  • Like 5

Also why did tentacles damaged get doubled aswell seeing as it was already the strongest aoe spell and it ignores armour

Think it is just for priest.

The below patchnotes were added:

Thirdly, here are some other patches!

• Uniques now bash better in caves
  • Fix so when sleep bonus runs out, it auto-freezes it

• The quality calculation for bulk items has been changed

• Added the mycelium growth stage to the examine message

• Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down

• Fix for village foundation screen when using a deed stake

• Removed settlement size restriction when founding using a deed stake

• Updated legendary digging title

why change the body control skillgain... it is now another window of opportunity

Edited by Libertha

• Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down

So basically you're saying to all new players that they will never be able to reacht he BC old players have? good job. Great change, awesome. Window of oppertunity again

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 9

How are we supposed to grind bc up to anything like the pre FF folks anyways?

• Like 1

Not to mention all the priests that can now archery that already are 40+ points in BC behind, its still impossible for them...

So give Fo and Vynora priests the ability to use archery but not the body control gains that everyone else got? As a Fo priest I have for years asked for a way to gain the body control that Mag was receiving from archery. I never asked for archery, only to gain the body body control everyone else was getting. What a slap in the face.

• Like 5

How about since mag priests only have one passive which is good and the spells don't compare to others. that mag can bash things, because you know MAGRANON THE GOD OF WAR / DESTRUCTION isn't allowed to bash things... that's some mighty fine Rogic right there.

• Like 2

Did anyone even bother to check how much of a decrease it is in BC from Archery?

the point is to stop the imbalanced skill gain on one end, and try rebalance the other side. You cant help newer accounts catch up if you never stop the old guys gaining skill at a disproportionate rate than what was intended. I know this is a difficult concept, but try to bare with us. Rolf is boiling it down and going back to breathing life into his vision of chaos standing, giving it the old humpty dumpty treatment, and putting the parts all back together.

Edited by Hogwash

Sign in to follow this