Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Christmas Impalong Discussion! [Freedom Isles]

Have to give my 2 cents here, all of you have your own impalong, far from the impalong heritage. The posts are lame and theres only a very few that posted even knows what a real impalong looks or feels like. If it aint a Willow impalong It aint an impalong. 

From what I see most now are held to get players close to a certain groups merchants and is used a marketing scheme. Its sad to say that many will never experience the true spirit of a Christmas impalong because of pride and greed. 

In many senses the player base has gotten to large and broken apart to think that a true impalong is even practical. I mean seriously so eager for an impalong that its posted 3 months early, I'm sorry but something is missing here. 

years ago it was the same island, mostly everyone knew each other. The level of dedication was amazing and the creativity was unmatched. It was more than about getting something it was a way for the older players to give back to the community and show the new players how we can all work together and have fun. Now its just some event for player seeking attention or fame. 

I will conclude this in an orderly fashion by saying: its great that the impalong lives on and is the attention of many players but anyone that wants to hold one think twice and look into the impalongs true history and what it means to the community as a whole.
We all love the idea but, to run it properly takes sacrifice and dedication on a whole other level. Its not a marketing tool or a free imp station for a once a year kudos that we hold, its and honor and a responsibility to manage and make sure that all players are treated fairly and are given a chance to see the true spirit of giving....

PS the lag is sometimes unbarable but then again so is the pain the lord went through for all of us, even if it is just a story, believers, non-believers, ppl in the middle or just over all evil ppl. No matter what its about Christmas and giving, not who is gonna hold it and where. 

PSS Independence is the only rightful place to hold it, since its the oldest island and where it was most magical. 

• Like 9

The amount of bickering last year was funny.

imo

Get a GM to decide location (spawn an temporary island? a micro server?) get the players to build it, get the GM's to spawn portals to the said location from various places in Wurm.

Its sad to say that many will never experience the true spirit of a Christmas impalong because of pride and greed. 

• Like 4

Did nobody make friends at last years impalong?  

Did no new players at all receive help last year?

Did everyone that go abuse it?

Did nobody have a good time?

I only know of 2 people last year that "abused" it, one for horseshoes, the other for a few random items, and both were laughably minor, compared to how many players enjoyed the event,  I see no reason in stoping it, Don't want to go? Don't.

I usually don't enjoy huge events myself - Just to many people for me, I like small groups, but doesn't mean there shouldn't be a big party once a year.

And, in my opinion, this year is going to be a good time to have it...... Players are worried that the games dieing right now, That community is also dieing, ect - Some blame old age,  Some blame slow updates,  Some blame Bugs, some blame Xanadu.......

Time to prove them wrong.

• Like 3

Ever since the first day I joined WURM, I keep hearing that the game is dying, so I doubt that whatever will happen the whiners will stop whine, the haters will stop hate and the doom's day adepts will stop predicting the end of WURM. ;)

But otherwise I totally agree with everything Druid said. ;)

• Like 1

Events can only be held by the person, that invented them in the first place. It might be good, but creed will still overcome everything else. Since Willow did not handle her succession there will never be rightful descendant.

It like a kingdom, if the king dies everybody seeks his honorable position the only additional problem is we can't poison our opponents.

So whenever I decide to stop planning my Tournaments, I will ask a person that is suitable to hold them for me.

Events can only be held by the person, that invented them in the first place.

• Like 1

This is not true, unfortunately. I was under the assumption this is how things worked in Wurm as well. When some folks decided to steal my Deal or No Deal event (that I was actively running), I was informed they were not breaking any rules, so nothing would be done about it. I was however told the only thing I could ask for in return was for the theives respect.

With that said, I look forward to the next Fight tourney. Need another trophy to make some book ends.

;)

At this point unless the event is brought back down to a more personal level I see no point in attending the event anymore.

This is not true, unfortunately. I was under the assumption this is how things worked in Wurm as well. When some folks decided to steal my Deal or No Deal event (that I was actively running), I was informed they were not breaking any rules, so nothing would be done about it. I was however told the only thing I could ask for in return was for the theives respect.