Burn Stamina

Burn Health

Fiery Illusions

Nolo Yolo

Fiery Focus

Burning Gut

Fire Brains

Rain of Fire

Fiery Scorn of Magranon (yeh, I'm strugging at this point)

Burn away skills

Fire Strength

Summon Fire elementals

Summon lots of Fire elementals

That way, we can compete on the spell front, since our passives would be for everyone.

• Like 7

+1 what tiu said

My own main issue is at the moment it runs like having two res stones, two separate chances to keep your items when everyone not a Mag priest can possibly only have one that is ALWAYS paid for with a currency that is linked directly to real life money. Since this is a contested issue for more reasons than the "mag has it and we don't" issue that every MR posting here is focusing on how about this?

Upon death the game checks for the Mag bonus, if present it rolls on it, if your favour is too low it checks for an actual res stone. If it rolls on the priest bonus and succeeds, it comes up with a friendly event message "Magranon has safeguarded your items, your resurrection effect is untouched."

You get your free ability, you don't use the paid for res stone until you need it and you don't get an extra res stone effect ontop of the one that every player can have. 

Edited by Libertha

Well, if we're going for balance, guess we need things like:

Burn Stamina

Burn Health

Fiery Illusions

Nolo Yolo

Fiery Focus

Burning Gut

Fire Brains

Rain of Fire

Fiery Scorn of Magranon (yeh, I'm strugging at this point)

Burn away skills

Fire Strength

Summon Fire elementals

Summon lots of Fire elementals

That way, we can compete on the spell front, since our passives would be for everyone.

• Like 1

I believe the function was added to the game to load things into vehicles, so I can already lift all the items i'll need to as everyone is able to "lift" items into carts for free, nobody needs to pay 5s each time they "lift".

I'm not sure if your post was intending to troll me but i'm going to assume you were speaking of the currently balanced loading feature available to all ingame.

• Like 1

The idea of lift, is to actually try to use your abilities, the Libila priest is a great spell platform, but I've rarely if ever seen a single fight where you've used those priest to their full ability, at least not for a long time.    Every time something happens that you don't like, you rarely if ever suggest it be worked out in game, you complain about here here and try to get devs to fix it.  Volcanoes, Res stones,  Locates, every time man.    

And no I wasn't trolling you.  I'm stating facts, and its like talking to a wall.  The res stone is not "Free" you pay with a huge time investment in being a priest, getting there, getting your faith up, then in the heat of battle when your trying to push back libila who have many more spell offensive capability you have to try and maintain that 40 favor, or you lose your passive bonuses, not just that random res abilty.    Its not easy when Fire Pillar takes up as much favor as it does.   

.... you have to try and maintain that 40 favor, or you lose your passive bonuses, not just that random res abilty.    Its not easy when Fire Pillar takes up as much favor as it does.   

Yes I too agree that the free Res Stone effect should be available to all, thank you.

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

try to imp a sword

Edited by Joemog

My own main issue is at the moment it runs like having two res stones, two separate chances to keep your items when everyone not a Mag priest can possibly only have one that is ALWAYS paid for with a currency that is linked directly to real life money. Since this is a contested issue for more reasons than the "mag has it and we don't" issue that every MR posting here is focusing on how about this?

Upon death the game checks for the Mag bonus, if present it rolls on it, if your favour is too low it checks for an actual res stone. If it rolls on the priest bonus and succeeds, it comes up with a friendly event message "Magranon has safeguarded your items, your resurrection effect is untouched."

You get your free ability, you don't use the paid for res stone until you need it and you don't get an extra res stone effect ontop of the one that every player can have. 

agree with what?   your seeing what you want to see, which is a nearsighted cookie cutter version of wurm that everyone is like everyone else.   The whole point of different ways to play is variety, and the fact not everyone fights the same way,  which makes PvP more interesting and varied.   Like in everything else, your willing to misrepresent Polls, the actual reality of the issue, and even my own words just so you can satisfy the twisted reality you want.   I just hope the developers are able to see those ideas for what they are. They are the death of wurm, and how unique it is to be each type of priest.   

mag res failed for me in 6 of 6 cases, just saying

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

mag res failed for me in 6 of 6 cases, just saying.

Edited by Battlepaw

As I pointed out to Red in another thread, what you are thinking of is parity, not balance. Sometimes parity is needed, sometimes balance. I'd prefer balance personally.

No, I'm most certainly thinking of balance. Parity and Balance or not mutually exclusive.

Also, res stone is consumed on death, regardless of whether or not your magrannon res bonus works or not.

• Like 1

Suggestion based on animal leading: since you will now get a big CR nerf while leading animals this might be problematic for on boats. my suggestion would be: on boats allow passengers to lead 1 animal.

so all can drag their own horse.

• Like 5

No, I'm most certainly thinking of balance. Parity and Balance or not mutually exclusive.

Also, res stone is consumed on death, regardless of whether or not your magrannon res bonus works or not.

yep,  :D

+1 to libertha

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

*AHEM* Right im just gonna ignore the whole "buff me buff me" discussion going on.

While the armour change proposed is a interesting concept, I don't think basing archery/spells on rng is a good idea.

Randomly getting "Your armour disturbs you." instead of doing any action is downright annoying.

I'd suggest 30% to -30% modifier in archery attack timers and a 30% to -30% dmg/heal modifier to  spells rather than a 30% RNG "failchance". (thus giving reliability in combat, yet nerfed performance)

Also just in general.... Buff archery accuracy against shield users, people who know how to properly use a shield simply doesnt die from archery. the block rate is far too high which makes non-priests in shipfights very weak. (this is comming from a priest that does a lot of pvp...)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

All priests can cast locate soul, but only Fo and Libila have nolocate to counter that. So as it is right now, Libila and Fo priests can protect themselves and all their companions from being located (completely - but that's a topic for an another thread), and all other priests including Libila and Fo can locate others.

Now, as we got all that covered, consider this:

As it is right now, Blacklighters can only choose 1 god to priest, which has both locate and nolocate. Whitelighters have 2 gods that can locate and 1 god that can both locate and nolocate, with other spells and abilities to counter Libila priests spread out between 3 gods.

Is this balanced?

In reply to the res stone thing a BL chaos player suggested:

It's currently one of only 3 useful abilities and spells Magranon priests have, which are: damage bonus, fire pillar (which both Vynora and Libila can easily counter) and finally the res stone bonus. Did I miss something REALLY useful Magranon priests have?

And finally, the lockpicking. I'm not sure but I kinda feel only one WL god should be able to pick locks. And that should be Magranon.

• Like 5

semi-useless zombies 

I just can't fathom how an entire playerbase can be so clueless to abilities they've played with for years

-1 to every priest lockpicking and locating, it'd be cool to just see magranon be able to lockpick, and keep locate soul just with vynora and libila. There needs to be some variety that have different specifics in each one.

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 5

All priests can cast locate soul, but only Fo and Libila have nolocate to counter that. So as it is right now, Libila and Fo priests can protect themselves and all their companions from being located (completely - but that's a topic for an another thread), and all other priests including Libila and Fo can locate others.

Now, as we got all that covered, consider this:

As it is right now, Blacklighters can only choose 1 god to priest, which has both locate and nolocate. Whitelighters have 2 gods that can locate and 1 god that can both locate and nolocate, with other spells and abilities to counter Libila priests spread out between 3 gods.

Is this balanced?

In reply to the res stone thing a BL chaos player suggested:

It's currently one of only 3 useful abilities and spells Magranon priests have, which are: damage bonus, fire pillar (which both Vynora and Libila can easily counter) and finally the res stone bonus. Did I miss something REALLY useful Magranon priests have?

And finally, the lockpicking. I'm not sure but I kinda feel only one WL god should be able to pick locks. And that should be Magranon.

Honestly I don't know why the locate was added to the other WL priests myself, but since its a boon to be able to do it I'll adopt a wait and see, and try not to give into temptation to waste my favor on it before a fight :D.  

A suggestion for the testing server though Rolf if you got the time:   Setup a function where you can join and choose your priest abilities, template, etc and encourage PvP testing events,  so this stuff gets tested in a practical manner as well as many of the other spell tweaks that haven't gone live for very long.  

It would also let players who have not  been priest before try it out and get a feel for how they work on a practical basis, and hopefully we can work out bugs without people finding out about them the hard way, in the middle of PvP on Chaos or Epic.   It would also let players work and understand the diffren combat forms of each template.   The examples of this include the proficiency bonuses to each template and the different special moves.   

Edited by Battlepaw

in order to make other armour types more interresting, we would need a way to shoot people in plate, also the arrow parry rate with a shield needs to be reduce(100% atm).

I know by a fact that there are armour piercing arrows, they have no real blade in their tip it is just a solid metal tip, made to pierce and deform the plate in order to damage the person.

The reason that other amour types(except drake/scale) are rarely used is that they are vulnerable to bow fire.

Explanation to arrow types in RL

Sharp arrow head cuts through Leather(current war arrows) do devastation wounds against unarmored targets and have no problem cuting trough leather and cloth, No effect against plate and unlikely to deal damage against chain. If the leather is studded there is a chance the arrow hits the iron and therefore doesn't do much damage -> small bruise.

Needle head pierces Chain and does severe damage to the player, unarmored player damage is not as bad.No effect against plate, decent against leather

Bodking pierces Plate and due to its form stays inside the victims plate to further damage the wound on movements. Due to its heavy head can knock plate to the inside, which makes it heard to breath on a ceast shot.No penetration on leather, only kinetic energy causes a bruise, unlikely to penetrate chain - >a bruise

220px-Bodkin1.jpg

• Like 3