Sign in to follow this  
Delone

Casting prevented by linked priest being on cooldown

The story:

I had two Fo priests linked to do some LT casts, and had a foal born in pen beside them. Upon checking it out, it had two bad traits.

Priest A was receiving favor from linked priest B, and did a genesis cast to remove one of the bad traits. This left priest B with insufficient favor to do a genesis cast on his own, so broke the link and reformed it the opposite way around, so that now priest B was using favor from priest A.

Upon attempting to cast genesis on the foal from priest B, who was not on cooldown, nothing happened, and no message in event tab. Upon checking event tab on priest A, I discovered that he was getting the cooldown message each time priest B was attempting to cast genesis, despite the fact that he was not casting, just providing the favor.

Seemed odd, so I logged out, waited a full minute and logged back in and tried again, but the result was the same, the priest not on cooldown could still not cast when linked, and the error message went to the screen of the linked priest. By this time priest B now had enough favor to cast on his own, but was unable to do so until he the link was broken so that no favor was coming from the other priest that was on cooldown.

Not sure if this is working as intended, but does not seem to make any sense to me.

Edited by Delone

Had this sort of thing happen to me today with my Fo's and casting Genesis.

A bison needed two Genesis spells cast on it to remove two bad traits.

I used my Fo battery to cast the first removal. All worked fine.

Then tried to cast the second Genesis spell with my main Fo priest (battery linked whole time). The cooldown message popped up on my Fo Battery event window, I was not allowed to cast. No message on main Fo event window.

I waited a few minutes until my main Fo priest had 30+ Favour on his own (link still intact), again received the cooldown msg on the Fo Battery event window. Not allowed to cast.

Broke the link, cast on main, all worked fine.