Sign in to follow this  
Youngsoldier

Let priests craft and build, just remove all resrictions

Since you are nerfing them so bad please just remove any restriction from priesting. Make it like before when anyone could be any priest an do anything.

-1. It removes the individuality of becoming a priest. Its a give and take thing, you choose to give up crafting when you become a priest for the benefits it has. If this happened then everyone would be a priest. It would completely remove different variables that determine who will win in pvp, making battles stale and practically the same. The way it is now you actually have to consider whos a priest etc when going into a fight, if everyone was a priest that just takes out less strategizing prior to the battle, which is not how it should be.

• Like 1

I'd say 'no' to crafting (as in improving finished items), but I do think that they should be able to build houses and fences. The current limitations prevent 99% of players from contemplating playing a solo priest because they will be dependent on others or an alt to do so much as build a house.

Edit: And remove the nonsense limitations on material gathering. In a game where the best bits are the terraforming and building, nobody should be prevented from digging, mining or chopping.

Edited by Othob Rithol
  • Like 2

as much as this would be easier i say no, it takes away from the priestyness :P

Edited by 4neofclubs

-1 priests are special and as such should have to make sacrifices.  If they change the game to the way you want it would remove a big part of the player economy as one player could simply do it all and not need to buy and or trade with outers for some things.

lol this post,

Give everyone everything and then play. 

No there should be some penalty being a priest.

BUT let them make all items, continue to build on items and finish items. Just dont let them be able to improve items.

hey while were at it lets just give all priests sv_cheats, godmode, and noclip.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 3

Well Libila priest can already do that from what I understand when they leave Chaos they are do not retain priest status. They can craft and build all they want, so it would just give all the other priests the ability.

• Like 2

I'd say 'no' to crafting (as in improving finished items), but I do think that they should be able to build houses and fences. The current limitations prevent 99% of players from contemplating playing a solo priest because they will be dependent on others or an alt to do so much as build a house.

Edit: And remove the nonsense limitations on material gathering. In a game where the best bits are the terraforming and building, nobody should be prevented from digging, mining or chopping.

I agree with this.

Why not keep limiting priests, but in a way that is not so constrictive.

Why not keep the same, or a smaller set of limitations on priests depending on their faith (it really makes poor sense that Fo woodcuts).

Now split every action into 4 sets:

God-favorable: Actions that currently increase alignment. Would continue to do so, but maybe increase favor a bit.

Neutral: Just about all actions that a priest can do without penalty or bonus.

God-unfavorable: Doing these actions would deplete favor at a set rate (1-2 favor per action on creation, 2-5 on improve, for example). Might have a random alignment or faith penalty (but rare), or if you deplete your favor, you start taking faith hits instead.

Taboo: A shorter list of actions that your god doesn't like (like woodcutting for Fo, or stripping roads for vyn). These need to be really against the God's belief system, not just some things that a priest is too entitled to do. Would have the same faith penalty as current, plus a alignment penalty per action (making it more strict).

Why use favor? Well as the name says, and going into what seems to be the reasoning behind how priests work. Favor is how much the god likes you, and if he likes you enough he'll allow you to perform miracles ("magic") in his name. So if you do things that remove you from your "holy" state and contemplation of your god, then he dislikes you a bit, so he's less favorable to you. Now if you're too keen on doing stuff that aren't dedicated to your god, then you might not be the believer you thought you were, and you get faith hits instead. Of course doing stuff that is clearly against your dogma means you're not as faithful as it seems, hence the normal faith hits.