Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Sorcery Drops

We all are paying for the game, we should get to enjoy all the good aspects of the game without having to pay again and again and again in huge amounts.

Your premium covers epic too so no need to pay twice

Meh its basic economics, especially for new interesting items in limited numbers.

Limited supply, huge demand = high prices

Hell even the items (dragon skulls) with no apparent use atm are selling well over 10s. Granted such people are speculating on a possible future use.  :ph34r:

Mmm economics can be fun.  :P

Edited by Klaa

We all are paying for the game, we should get to enjoy all the good aspects of the game without having to pay again and again and again in huge amounts.

Who the hell is this guy? You just gonna take my bird? o.o 

Remove them from freedom, was never meant to be for you guys. All you are doing is removing one of the very few incentives of going to where they are supposed to be, Epic.

It is the wrong incentive.

If all Epic have to offer is some karma spells then we are in depth s....

Incentive to pvp should be pvp itself, not some weird perks.

• Like 1

Or are you just saying that because you bought an item and are pissy because people want it taken away from where it shouldn't have been in the first place?

The issue isn't about incentivizing PvP itself, it's about incentivizing Epic in particular. If someone wants to PvP, they can either go to Chaos or Epic. If the two were exactly the same, why would anyone choose to wipe their skills and live on a smaller cluster with worse maps and deed-destroying meteor strikes?

From its very beginning, Epic was intended to be a unique cluster with extra features which added a new dimension to PvP. Now those unique features are regularly getting co-opted by Freedom, so those of us who gave up everything to live here are starting to feel like the costs of living here are outweighing the benefits. Why work for weeks or months trying to get a Valrei ability on Epic when Freedomers can get that same ability in five minutes?

Edited by Fawkes

Pretty much epic code=buggy/rng mess, couple things that actually sorta function, copy to freedom

1. Removing them would be the move that would cause imbalance.

Those who already have sorcery abilities would be the only ones having them. I would prefer it if they have stayed on epic alone but there is no way to safely undo the introduction of sorcery on freedom now.

2. About PvE-Freedom not having to do anything with sorcery:

I don't get it why a non-PvP player would want to get the sorcery stuff but if they want to waste karma to summon skeletons or worgs to kill a champ troll it's their choice. I suppose that if Rolf didn't want this feature to be available to both PvE and PvP populations he would have made sorcery items a HoTA reward on Chaos. Don't forget that Freedom is also connected with chaos, so there will always be interaction between the PvP and PvE populations. A lot of the bidders for valrei item charges are active on chaos too which actually proves that. Also the fact that the borders are open means that it is possible for a sorcerer on Freedom to decide to use his abilities in PvP in the future. 

3. Keep endgame stuff rare. Every game needs stuff that are hard to get and can become a long term goal.

If the high price for a rare endgame item is a game flaw then I want dragons shedding their skin on oaks so that I can get a drake set for free without leaving my deed or paying 50 or 100 bucks for an armor. Oh wait I want a legendary title too without spending tons of cash on sleep powders and skiller tools! Why not make getting 100 in any skill as easy as getting a skill from 0 to 70 then?

4. As for argument regarding the balance in the market it's funny that there are tons of other things that have such a high cost but no one seems to bother :

• Farwalkers (they are still bought for 1s/1ql)
  • Moonmetal weapons/armor exported to freedom
  • fountain containers (a BUGGED item that has become a valuable item and helps in bypassing the volume restrictions of magic chests)
  • drake sets
  • scale sets
  • supreme and fantastic tools (make a fantastic pick sell it for 4g and get the sorcery items that you want :P)
  • spyglasses
  • rare/supreme/fantastic bones

Would you agree to have all these things removed to keep the market "balanced"? In fact lot of these things are even worse as there is no supply of new items for them.

In any case I don't believe that the sorcery stuff or any of them harms the market, I'd say the opposite as the sellers can still spend the cash by buying stuff they need from others. What's even better with valrei charges is the fact that it's random people who sell them and not just a player or two that will keep amassing the cash and will never return some of that to the market.

Edited by Anothernoob