Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Sorcery Drops

Seeing the market and everything..it turns out that sorcery items have been very costly from the day they arrived freedom isles...Everyone made a lot of money from them..and the LUCK element has made the new players very well focused on going to hunts and trying their luck..rather than skill grinding...high prices for even the useless sorcery items(1 gold for rust monster...wai...what?)...maybe Rolf  saw the people selling these items at such high costs and thats why he made it a chance that a unique drops a sorc item, rather than every time....the uniques have been spawning regularly...and the number of people coming to the hunts have reduced over time...I believe there should be 100% chance at dropping of sorc items...BECAUSE....that will only decrease the costs of these items...right now wurm online is nothing...but luck luck and luck.

Don't grind your skills silly...go on a few hunts and get instant 50 silver...easy? 
I got around 50 silver from the 1st hunt I went on...all caus of luck..I haven't gone to a lot of hunts after that...it just adds an element of laziness in the game...either make them cheap (give 100% chance of drop in sorc items from uniques...that will decrease their market value) or remove them from game. Those who have been making a profit from these items will definately not like this...but thats why am hoping that the developers see the issue and undo the mistake that they did earlier...if they hadnt changed the dropping rates...the price of these items would have been less...and there would be stability in the game...right now its a mess when it comes to sorc items.

That's it i guess.
Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

People go to hunts so they don't have to earn silver in-game?

Do you even think before you type...

People go to hunts for a chance to get the drops, for potions and for the 'thrill'

If I want to have 10g and not do a damn thing in wurm, I can just buy 10g from players or from the shop, people don't go to these things just to sell the stuff, the items when they spawn get rolled out among the group and IF the person gets it and don't really want it, they can sell it or give it to someone else at the slaying.

I can't say "right, this unique drops ___ sorc item, im gonna get it" I have no way to tell if I'm going to be the lucky guy to get the item (if it even drops) from the roll, nobody does, if they did, it wouldn't be a fair roll.

The hunts don't make people lazy, if someone wants to be lazy nothing is going to stop them being lazy lol.

As for them being "too expensive" glad we're all entitled to our own opinions, personally I don't care if they sell for 1i or 10g a pop, if people want them, they'll get them eventually. Does it hurt anyone if they're expensive? No, no it does not.

Also, you can't really be saying "they sell for too much" *after* you sold one for 50s

Oh and on a final note. I got lucky too, I got a junk sorc charge and I used it. I didn't sell it to make profit, I've made nothing from the drops of uniques.

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 1

-1 I think they should be rare.

Since they have 50% chance to drop on non-dragons and only occasionally for dragons, I think the drop chance is mostly so theres a reason to kill Kyklops, TK, GL and the non-dragons too instead of aiming for the dragons mostly. And the drop chance makes it more interesting IMO so you don't get same loot everytime. Also if everyone has sorcery titles they will become boring.

Also if everyone has sorcery titles they will become boring.

Meanwhile on Epic where sorcery came from and was made for.....

• Like 5

Well am least interested in that sort of stuff..thats why i refrain from hunting uniques...thats sort of stuff should have been on epic..is not something for the freedom players....freedom is all focused around the market..no reason to have such things bring less stability to the market..and if someone thinks these are good...then those people have been making some money off them.
To make it interesting...drops can be shuffled everytime..1 unique can drop any type of sorcery items rather than just the one assigned to it.
And what i sold wasn't a sorc item..but a bone...if it was sorc item it would sell for more...seeing these things sell for so so high costs..(i still remember a guy told me 4 gold for blood of angels)..gives a clear statement that go on a few hunts..get lucky..buy a vet's account..save time grinding skills....nice way to play

Well am least interested in that sort of stuff..thats why i refrain from hunting uniques...thats sort of stuff should have been on epic..is not something for the freedom players....freedom is all focused around the market..no reason to have such things bring less stability to the market..and if someone thinks these are good...then those people have been making some money off them.

To make it interesting...drops can be shuffled everytime..1 unique can drop any type of sorcery items rather than just the one assigned to it.

And what i sold wasn't a sorc item..but a bone...if it was sorc item it would sell for more...seeing these things sell for so so high costs..(i still remember a guy told me 4 gold for blood of angels)..gives a clear statement that go on a few hunts..get lucky..buy a vet's account..save time grinding skills....nice way to play

Well if you sold a bone for 50s, I guess it must have been a supreme, cos rares don't sell for 50s anymore... must mean the price dropped... lol

High price or not....i have always found it very strange that Rolf hyped up this new add on to the game..."Players will be able to become Sorcerer's and Mages and use cool new spells using Kama as magic"

And we ALL go OOooohh i got to have that ...then what does he do .....he puts these items so far out of reach that only a small select few get them.

Wurm is a great game ....i love it....but i have never come across a game that makes it so hard to go after and get items you realy want.

And b4 anyone says "Well Garit....you can get them ...just go to the killings and bag the items your after" ....well lets just say i have been to a few of these take downs b4 and just like Lord Hashirama has said......it's just down to luck.

I have NEVER won an item yet.....it's like the lotto.

Yes everyone has the same chance......and yes most (if not all) are a fair draw .....by why the hell make it so hard to get these items ?

I just don't get it.

Edited by Garit
  • Like 2

Because if it was made easy to get like priesthood, it wouldn't be special anymore. Would just be like everything else.

High price or not....i have always found it very strange that Rolf hyped up this new add on to the game..."Players will be able to become Sorcerer's and Mages and use cool new spells using Kama as magic"

And we ALL go OOooohh i got to have that ...then what does he do .....he puts these items so far out of reach that only a small select few get them.

Wurm is a great game ....i love it....but i have never come across a game that makes it so hard to go after and get items you realy want.

And b4 anyone says "Well Garit....you can get them ...just go to the killings and bag the items your after" ....well lets just say i have been to a few of these take downs b4 and just like Lord Hashirama has said......it's just down to luck.

I have NEVER won an item yet.....it's like the lotto.

Yes everyone has the same chance......and yes most (if not all) are a fair draw .....by why the hell make it so hard to get these items ?

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Yep totally.....+1 for what you said Lord Odynn

Ther should be other ways to gain these items......if doing missions gives you Kama and Kama is mainly used for these spells why would you go on such missions if these spells are so hard to get ?

Why can't we have Missions that you get one of these items from.....don't get me wrong i love turning up for a take down and all the other players there....it's fun and i like it a lot.

But to come away time and time again when you were hopping to get an item it's a bit of a bummer .....and this is not just me loads of others feel bummed out when they don't win an item.

The game is all about FUN.....that what games are made for so why not make the chance of getting a Sorcery item a little easyer....i'm not saying BOOM loads of them all over the place but there should be other ways of againing them.

As for the high price part of it.....i don't much care about that....Drake is a high price item for most and yes i do have a Drake set but i don't keep it just cus it's worth a lot of cash.....i use it....thats WHY it's in the game and thats why these other items are in the game ....not to be used as some sort of CASH COW.

But from what i have seen Rolf likes it that way.....make them fight of these things and push up the price.....in my book that just takes away from the fun of the game ...and in the end is that not what games are all about FUN ?

Jeez people, learn to use commas and other punctuation, instead of this incredibly annoying "..." spam. Seriously.

I've yet to see much of a purpose for sorcery on freedom. Is this a serious thread?

So remove it..only let the chaos uniques drop the sorcery items..so that not everyone has it and its not common?

So remove it..only let the chaos uniques drop the sorcery items..so that not everyone has it and its not common?

Why? I still don't understand how any of this hurts you.

I still dont understand how "..." hurts you..but I wont mention it would I? so you need not mention it as well.

I still dont understand how "..." hurts you..but I wont mention it would I? so you need not mention it as well.

What.

shoo.........

like it?

Your suggestion is bad(opinion), your typing patterns are bad(fact) and you should feel bad.

-1 because it seems to work well as is, they're desirable items and occasionally spawn. I don't see how the high price hurts anyone, unless you want to buy one and this is your way of getting it.

• Like 1

Finally you managed to get on topic.well done..took some time but still..good job...its good to give ur opinion..not all the crap you wrote earlier..next time stick to the topic ok?
anyways..good recovery.

Edited by Hashirama

The first thing I wrote was a suggestion to improve the readability of your suggestion. Eyesores are more likely to elicit a negative response, as such I was trying to ensure that my opinion on the suggestion wasn't impacted by this before I replied.

Omg why are you two fighting over a suggestion? And why are you continuing this darth..either give +1 or -1..god

I would give neither +1 or -1 to this suggestion, the cost of the magical items is very high and players like me can't afford these, and I would like to be a magician one day, If their counts could be increased or more unique spawns or atleast equal spawns on all servers, it would help a lot.

• Like 1

Thank you Lord BlackDeathDragon some sanity at last...

The Suggestions & Ideas part of the forum is for exactly that....not to pick fault with peoples grammar or to start personal slagging matches.

And yes your right... most player would love to be able to one day become a mage. Keeping these items rare as hens teeth drives prices up so much so that only a very small amout of player could ever afford them. And the only way i can see this is if Rolf and the Dev's want it that way which is sad.

To have a player pay prem each month and also pay from a deed and upkeep ....and then add new stuff into the game but make it so hard for most to get is beyond me.

Only Uniques can drop them....then we get "oh btw now they only have a 50% chance of dropping them"

I don't totally agree with the full idea but i do think that these items should be a little easyer to obtain.

• Like 1