Sign in to follow this  
tgod

Change to lead only 1 animal. Create an animal transport vehicle or loadable animal crate to fix

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources. -Rolf

On pve this will hinder animal breeders who need to transport to clients or markets.  If a animal transport vehicle or loadable animal crate was made I see this being less of a problem in pvp if unload timers are involved.

• Like 1

WHAT? THE? HECK?

......oh my god, if this is Live.....i'm not freaking renewing, What the hell? Mailing and now this crap?

Please tell me this is a joke.

Please do! 

oh, +1 to code split. I'd rather have slowed development then nerfs and limitations because said thing might damage PvP.

Also, if this is suggested from the community group.............

We now know they only support PVP......(and I highly doubt Pvpers even want this change...)

Learn to read please it is on test and probably wont be implemented like most "pvp" changes

• Like 1

Learn to read please it is on test and probably wont be implemented like most "pvp" changes

All changes to pvp typically get implemented, that its on test is the surprise, and that we know about it, usually you find out about it in the patch notes and not in Red Baron's weekly post.

I would rather the devs be thinking of all possible angles if its implemented or not.  If the change was made it sure would be nice if an animal transport solution was put in at the same time.  

so instead of logically verifying this source you freak the out and rally the mobs of unvaccinated people and continue to freak out. This is only on the /test server/ as a /test/

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

( ...)

The damage effects of hitting limbs, heads and eyes were tweaked down a bit so that you can wear light helmets

All Priests may now use Archery without penalty

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.

(...)

So, yes a lot will change but hopefully for the better and more interesting. Go ahead and try it out and tell us what you think.

New accounts on the test server will spawn as priests with a statuette to use for casting. Here's a link to the test server:

Have a nice weekend!

Rolf

Source Has bee logicaly vertified, sure its on test so good chance it will get pushed live.

Rolf is actually using the test server for once instead of just pushing his out of touch changes live instantly, its a good thing(even though the change is pretty awful//noone wants it).

Just because something is on the test server doesn't mean it will ever be on the live ones.

• Like 1

Rolf is actually using the test server for once instead of just pushing his out of touch changes live instantly, its a good thing(even though the change is pretty awful//noone wants it).

Just because something is on the test server doesn't mean it will ever be on the live ones.

Lets hope in this case that that is true, otherwise, please make it something only in pvp!

so instead of logically verifying this source you freak the ###### out and rally the mobs of unvaccinated people and continue to freak out. This is only on the /test server/ as a /test/

How about TESTING FIXES TO THINGS THAT ARE BROKEN AND THAT SUCK, instead of spending even one second on such a thought.

If this PVP change is made to the entire game, it's the last straw for me. There's a saying "Don't throw good money after bad" and I'm maxed out now on changes that have made the game more and more unpleasant for me. It's the most expensive game I've played as it is, and I don't like investing in something that continues to change away from the way it was when I liked it. I still can't even see water because of some unnecessary change made some months ago.

Edited by LorraineJ

/me puts on extremely fancy and thick tin foil hat.

Okay, so, lets say that the 1 animal lead idea is scrapped, and archery is made available for all priests, and everybody is happy! yay!  But now have forgotten about how pissed we were about the mailing changes.

Please Dev team, give us enough time to have proper outrage over poorly implemented changes! we cant keep up at this pace !

Edited by Rathgar
  • Like 2

Seems like people can't read that this is only on the TEST server because he wants the community feedback on ideas before they are published to the game. He is listining to the community over the imbalances in the priest and pvp system. He will listen when everyone says that I'd a bad idea.

It's also the weekend so he is not at work to update us. So please take a chill pill and sit back down in your chairs.

We now know they only support PVP......(and I highly doubt Pvpers even want this change...)

Freedom got not only Xanadu but also many new useless items (new chairs and decoration items). Please don't talk like you don't get anything.

We are still waiting on new armor type to be implemented that was brought up a while ago.

nah, pvpers asked for word for word a CR nerf for leading horses, not only being able to lead one.

we have breeder deeds in most cases and we typically haul several horses back to deed from one of those, it not a nice change for us either.

Edited by blayze

I'd rather suggest Rolf stop implementing the stupidest suggestions people forward him, instead of actual good ones, just because the stupid ones are easier to implement.

Also i'd suggest that Rolf start weighing the impact on the majority of the player base when implementing stuff that is suggested by a minority.

In fact, if anything is suggested in a closed forum (such as this one was suggested in Epic only), don't implement it at all. You can't start doing global changes based on the imput of less than a third of the playerbase.

• Like 1

I'd rather suggest Rolf stop implementing the stupidest suggestions people forward him, instead of actual good ones, just because the stupid ones are easier to implement.

Also i'd suggest that Rolf start weighing the impact on the majority of the player base when implementing stuff that is suggested by a minority.

In fact, if anything is suggested in a closed forum (such as this one was suggested in Epic only), don't implement it at all. You can't start doing global changes based on the imput of less than a third of the playerbase.

I like how you only care about your own needs.

Leading 4 fully barded horses into battle is game breaking, its so bad that the amount of horses brought to battle is almost more important then the amount of people you brought.

So yea, something had to happen, this is however not what people asked for, but since its only on the test server i actually salute rolf for trying new things people didnt think about and see how this affects stuff.

Experiment is pretty much over now though, it failed, try something else now, for example cr nerf per horse led

I'm glad that even when an update is never asked for, never implemented, and has 9 pages of PvPers unanimously agreeing that they don't want it, it's still used as proof that Rolf and the PvP community are conspiring to make life miserable for everyone on PvE. Way to heal the divide, there.

I don't know if there was some miscommunication about the backup horse issue which caused Rolf to go this route, or if he really did have sources telling him they wanted it. But regardless, at least he put it on test and asked for feedback first, rather than testing it out on the live servers and reverting it a week later. That shows that he DOES care about how it affects people, and he should be encouraged to do that more often.

• Like 2

Please Dev team, give us enough time to have proper outrage over poorly implemented changes! we cant keep up at this pace !

Hilarious

I like how you only care about your own needs.

Leading 4 fully barded horses into battle is game breaking, its so bad that the amount of horses brought to battle is almost more important then the amount of people you brought.

So yea, something had to happen, this is however not what people asked for, but since its only on the test server i actually salute rolf for trying new things people didnt think about and see how this affects stuff.

Experiment is pretty much over now though, it failed, try something else now, for example cr nerf per horse led

Weirdly enough, people on chaos don't seem to have any issue with that, and i love how the pot is calling the kettle back, when your cluster which has less than a third of the game pop wants to push a change that affects the rest because they don't like to kill horses.

I'm glad that even when an update is never asked for, never implemented, and has 9 pages of PvPers unanimously agreeing that they don't want it, it's still used as proof that Rolf and the PvP community are conspiring to make life miserable for everyone on PvE. Way to heal the divide, there.

Its rarely ever the whole pvp community. Its usually a few within that community, and in this case it was a few within a thread in a closed forum, where the majority of the community can't have a say. So its not a distant step from taking suggestions from IRC. Same thing could be said for the tower guards, i know, and read a ton of PvPers on Chaos that don't care about the speed nerf, and yet cause a few (were like 2-3 suggestions in a 10+ page thread) we got it implemented.

I don't know if there was some miscommunication about the backup horse issue which caused Rolf to go this route, or if he really did have sources telling him they wanted it. But regardless, at least he put it on test and asked for feedback first, rather than testing it out on the live servers and reverting it a week later. That shows that he DOES care about how it affects people, and he should be encouraged to do that more often.

Idk if it shows that he cares, at least he seems to have learned a bit from past mistakes, hey only took him 5 years or so. But still the problem remains that he refuses to do indepth changes to the game where they are required, and keeps just slapping bandaids on top of bandaids and the game never really improves. I mean sure it looks better, yes the crafting interface is useful. But what else? Still the same bugs, still the same crappy combat, still imbalanced PvP, etc.