Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Please make enchanted grass preserve flowers!

If anyone remembers back in the day, circa 2009-2010 times. The flowers and grass we had were ridiculous in color and beauty, if you had a well maintained field of them, it was like those Dutch Tulip Fields just a seat of color.

Now it seems so dull to me. 

Enchanted grass having flowers, and maybe even variable length (like regular grass), would be great.

Maybe change enchanted grass so that, instead of its own tile type, it's just a flag on a grass tile that makes it grow faster, provide the healing bonus, look different, have extra colorful flowers, etc? So that it can retain all the function (including flowers) that normal grass has? Right now it feels more like magic astroturf. Can't cut it, can't forage on it, can't have flowers, hens won't lay eggs on it...

Of course, enchanting trees is even worse.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Maybe change enchanted grass so that, instead of its own tile type, it's just a flag on a grass tile that makes it grow faster, provide the healing bonus, look different, have extra colorful flowers, etc? So that it can retain all the function (including flowers) that normal grass has? Right now it feels more like magic astroturf. Can't cut it, can't forage on it, can't have flowers, hens won't lay eggs on it...

Would have to be very careful with this.  At one point a few years or so ago someone tried making enchanted grass foragable, and the result of this was everytime the tile would become foragable or something it would revert to regular grass.  It was left like this for a couple weeks i think and all people were left with were spending weeks/months replacing all the enchanted grass they lost.  I'm sure these days it would be tested/handled better but the ptsd is strong

• Like 1

It's time to necro this thread again.

Flowers do not get enough love in Wurm.

Enchanted grass really needs to be "grass, but also enchanted" instead of "astroturf that animals can nosh on".

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Schiann said:

It's time to necro this thread again.

Flowers do not get enough love in Wurm.

Lawn texture, slightly brighter green, full of lush flowers and extra butterflies? Yes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

Lawn texture, slightly brighter green, full of lush flowers and extra butterflies? Yes!

Let us have our lush fields of beautiful, bright colour!

• Like 2

Let us enchant pottery planters to pause growth for display of herbs and other plants.  Some of these like coffee and tea look cool, but a pain to keep picking just to keep them looking good.  I use planter racks for the herbs I really want picked.

• Like 4

On 3/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Alyeska said:

This is what I was going to suggests. Enchanted flowers = lawn + extra flowers + can't be colonized by bushes or trees

Personally I have to say...

Yes to keeping flowers on enchanted tiles.

Yes to more color on a flower tile.

Yes to flowers on deed staying fixed.

Yes to enchanted potted plants of all kinds.

Yes to foraging and botanizing on enchanted tiles.

Also enchanted grass should look/feel enchanted but still look like grass.

Use a standard grass tile but maybe add

a sparkle/shimmer to it,

or have extra and/or brighter butterflies and flowers,

or little fairy/pixie type creatures fluttering above it trailing pixie dust,

or (my favorite) all of these.

IMHO Small touches like these to liven Wurm up with a little more color and magic can go a long way.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

I like this idea.

Additionally, it'd be nice if we were able to enchant crop tiles, for those who might like to place them decoratively on deeds in particular growth states. Would work the same as enchanted trees, freezing the age stage and making them unharvestable.

• Like 1