Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Spell tweaks on test

Tenticle 2min cooldown and still same size? Or is it bigger than 3x3?

I have been in every kingdom and I think these changes are epic. There all good and should be put in asap.

Have you tested them at all? Almost all are bugged and ~half have big issues.

Tenticle 2min cooldown and still same size? Or is it bigger than 3x3?

It also currently does 30 dam and ignores armor.

Armor changes work in reverse, (30% buff=shot is 30% more difficult) but if you wear chain or heavier you randomly have "your armor interrupt you" and your shot gets canceled.

All the single targets are broken(so who knows how much damage they do now), the resistances get applied before the first damage tic for fire/ice pillar (which would do way too much damage otherwise).

The horse change is just dumb.

Not sure how broken bl spells are as I was unable to rng up a lib priest, but I bet they are equally broken.

Doesn't seem great, especially leading only one animal.  What a gank.

Edited by Vindekator

if you wear chain or heavier you randomly have "your armor interrupt you" and your shot gets canceled.

That's strange. I know full disclosure of features isn't really something that happens often, but if we're asked to test something, shouldn't we know exactly what we're testing? I mean, the "30% archery penalty" is vague enough as it is, and then you have things like this that aren't even mentioned in the post.

Also, does the "your armor interrupts you" affect priests too?

Lets all rejoice in the fact that this is a balance test on the test server instead of a direct implementation.

I'm very thankfull for this and I'd love to continue seeing this being the norm in the future aswell.

It's a step in a very good direction and allows the community to respond and assist in properly balancing things.

Thanks devs.

By the way, about the animal leading change you proposed.

Most people wanted negative cr per animal lead or a quite heavy negative chance to block with a shield while leading things.

Not a downright nerf to the ammount of animals allowed... cuz every-day-life kinda needs the ability to lead multiple animals.

There was also threads suggesting that the speed of the primary ridden animal was altered based on the lead animals. In other words: If you got a supreme geared hellhorse, it will still be slow if you lead a couple of ungeared iron barded notraited horses. Thus allowing people to choose between survivability or speed.

Try one of those 3 options instead, the one you guys proposed isn't really desired by the majority of the pvp community. (however I know it has been mentioned by people, but it was quite undesirable comparable to other suggestions)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Fo - Needs a spell to move/pickup/remove trees. One of the few things that the priest can do is dig but more often than not there is a tree in the way. The only way to fix that is ask a nother player to chop it down or take a faith hit. It is counter productive and makes no sense.

Mag - Needs to be able to place mine doors with out having to make someone else do it. As mag you are supposed to mine but you can't place mine doors to secure the mines... Also add the ability to lock pick. He can already catapult and raid but he can't pick into carts and chests making it somewhat useless. He is the god of war and should act like one.

Lib - Remove the taming restriction, it's just not needed. Add locate soul. It's nessary for pvp and they have to load up a VPN in order to log in an alt while in pvp. I don't see any reason to not let them have it seeing as it is a requirement in almost all pvp situations. Lib can also mine but not place mine doors which should also be changed.

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

Fo - Needs a spell to move/pickup/remove trees. One of the few things that the priest can do is dig but more often than not there is a tree in the way. The only way to fix that is ask a nother player to chop it down or take a faith hit. It is counter productive and makes no sense.

Mag - Needs to be able to place mine doors with out having to make someone else do it. As mag you are supposed to mine but you can't place mine doors to secure the mines... Also add the ability to lock pick. He can already catapult and raid but he can't pick into carts and chests making it somewhat useless. He is the god of war and should act like one.

Lib - Remove the taming restriction, it's just not needed. Add locate soul. It's nessary for pvp and they have to load up a VPN in order to log in an alt while in pvp. I don't see any reason to not let them have it seeing as it is a requirement in almost all pvp situations.

Just to note, Lib can't place mine doors either (despite having the ability to mine)

Just to note, Lib can't place mine doors either (despite having the ability to mine)

Ah missed that, added it in

on test, yes.  in the little status box that already talks about your armor penalty to archery it mentions the same penalty to casting.  Alternatively, I believe there is a buff to casting while not wearing anything.

2 things that should NOT go live:

Invisible tentacles doing high damage

Tornardo doing a 5 second stun

That's strange. I know full disclosure of features isn't really something that happens often, but if we're asked to test something, shouldn't we know exactly what we're testing? I mean, the "30% archery penalty" is vague enough as it is, and then you have things like this that aren't even mentioned in the post.

• Like 1

Just a note on only being able to lead one animal at a time.  This causes a number of issues for those of us that do trading and shipping.   As long as we deliver to the coast is should be fine, but if I need to make a delivery of 10k items to a location away from the coast, I need to be able to bring a wagon to make the delivery, which means 4 horses.  Which means, 4 alts sailing ships with one horse each?  or one alt making 4 trips?   With 12 hour sailing times from one side of xanadu to another in a corbita depending on where on the coast it is, this will cause major issues.  Since most of the epic landmass are large continents, maybe not such a big deal, but there are traders on the home servers and I imagine that this will cause problems especially in the future if more locations are added.

Not going to comment on the pvp ramifications, but this will greatly curtail trade in bulk materials.

Yeah I doubt the animal leading change will go live after all this feedback.

I don't understand why we have 30 second cooldowns on the direct attack spells (rotting gut fireheart shard of ice) when we have the resistances, the resistances will wear off when the cooldown is up.  Tentacles and fungus trap previously already did 2x the damage as ice pillar and fire pillar

Imagine 10 priests on a knarr all casting aoe at the same time, rolf wants to remove nukes from pvp and i salute that.

the cooldown is again to balance it out a bit, it wont do much but i understand the direction he wants to take it

On cooldown, can we have like a spell effect that shows if the cooldown is still there or some other way of knowing?

Edited by blizzerd

so this 30% archery nerf while wearing even 1 plate or scale parts. Means from now on pvpers will h ave to carry 2 sets with them and switch in between to do archery? So 2 sets to imp up in case of death?

Edited by whykillme

I really think people are against the archery/plate change as well, I am and atleast from what I know and have seen feedback from, hope it gets weeded out too

• Like 2

Especially with the fact that it works in reverse and makes the ability to shoot in chain or above a rng check.

the spells have been needing fixing for along time by the way is fire piller ever gona be fixed I mean 6-10 damage to creatures on the tiles it is cast on is a bit under powered if you ask me and it has a 60sec cool down, and as far as leading gos 1 horse while mounted is realy not gona do any of us much good better off lowering CR rate by 1 per each extra animal

Remove the CR bonus mounted, then it wouldn't matter how many you have, horses would still be useful as a means of travel.

• Like 1

Remove the CR bonus mounted, then it wouldn't matter how many you have, horses would still be useful as a means of travel.

Edited by Darthryan

Mostly its about the "I can still run away at 20+ km/h while wearing my plate" than the CR.

• Like 1

Didn't think anyone ran away in pvp, I thought everyone died to either hacking by the opposite team, nerfs asked for the opposite team, server lag, or the popular " my brother was on my account ".

• Like 1

Cr nerf does what exactly ? If you are riding away the last thing people are doing is hitting you. They are killing your horses so you don't get to your deed 50tiles away

cr nerf does nothing to people leading horses.  make it so they cant block archery.  pve people are happy and adds risk to leading 2 horses.

armor debuff to archery is very dumb, you're already penalized by having almost no mobility.  this is a "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist- which is typical.  

This is what everyone gets for complaining and whining. This is what you wanted! Hope yer happy!