Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Spell tweaks on test

Hear, hear Becket !

Absolutely - the leading animals change must only be for pvp servers !

and the stupid limitations on mailing items also needs to change, unless a good reason can be given for not fixing this.

Furthermore, fix the old and long known bugs rather than add new things !

I really hope the leading changes are not meant to go to the PvE servers as well.

On Xanadu it's already a complete pain to buy and sell horses with the limited stock available, If you make it so we can only lead 4 horses by walking, you make it pretty much impossible to do so. I cannot see people wanting to walk 8k on foot to buy horses, knowing that if they get attacked and need to mount up to escape or fight they stand a good chance of losing the others they are leading.

In case you haven't noticed where the majority of your player base currently resides, pretty sure the backlash against this will let you know if it is implemented.

Again, no PvPers(on Chaos at least) seem to want the horrible leading change either.

Again, no PvPers(on Chaos at least) seem to want the horrible leading change either.

Same goes for Epic. There was some talk about nerfing backup horses, but this isn't quite what we had in mind. Maybe some miscommunication from his "sources"?

• Like 1

Same goes for Epic. There was some talk about nerfing backup horses, but this isn't quite what we had in mind. Maybe some miscommunication from his "sources"?

I don't really think the Horse leading change has anything at all to do with PvP no matter what might have been implied.

To me it's another stealth nerf to the Granger business. Only thing that really justifies the change imo, PvP or PvE.

Edited by geode

I don't really think the Horse leading change has anything at all to do with PvP no matter what might have been implied.

To me it's another stealth nerf to the Granger business. I wonder if Rolf thinks there's too many Horse Breeders. (stupid statement on my part, there I go again...)

More likely, I think, that having multiple backup horses in skirmishes conflicts with Rolf's own "vision" of the game. Heh.

More likely, I think, that having multiple backup horses in skirmishes conflicts with Rolf's own "vision" of the game. Heh.

I see what you mean. Point taken.

Edited by geode

Do lib priest get 25% dmg and free res stone now? And the ability to tame and farm?

Edited by Hexproof

How can Rolf have a vision for a game he hasn't played since the last time he tried to show it off in a web interview ... was like 6 months ago?

How can Rolf have a vision for a game he hasn't played since the last time he tried to show it off in a web interview ... was like 6 months ago?

I didn't say it was an.. educated vision. But he does make these unasked-for changes rather frequently, seems to me that there's some ideal he's chasing without actually knowing the effects of the changes.

Would be nice if fo priests got an aoe spell like tornado so they could actually dig if they wanted to and so vyn doesnt have 3 and the fact that healing is kinda being nerfed (Fo's only benefit).

Edited by Baultr

Great list of suggested changes, just tweak the leading one (CR nerf, horse breaks lead when enemy hits local etc, so it doesn't impact freedom in its current suggested form) from a PvP perspective it's annoying to have to archer down mount + several barded back up horses + all the support to maintain said required horses/gear for PvP.

And give BL priests the ability to tame, but leave the difficulty penalty.

Thank you Rolf for taking the time to listen and help balance PvP.

Edited by Gregory

if you are giving fo and vyn archery, please consider giving Libila priests: locate soul, and remove the taming restrictions.

if you are giving fo and vyn archery, please consider giving Libila priests: locate soul, and remove the taming restrictions.

they are getting archery to "balance", giving BL more would just unbalance it again.

BL should be able to tame yes, but keep the taming nerf.

they are getting archery to "balance", giving BL more would just unbalance it again.

are you forgetting about all the bl spells nerfs?

im pretty sure the nerfs on the spells were balancing the priests... nerfing one and buffing the other just make the one getting buffed overpowered agaain

Why does BL need a taming nerf?

I really can't think of any reason.

And give BL priests the ability to tame, but leave the difficulty penalty.

Thank you Rolf for taking the time to listen and help balance PvP.

I'd agree with giving BL priests the ability to tame whilst keeping the difficulty penalty in, as the penalty is a kingdom-wide thing, and not just a priest thing.

• Like 1

dont forget locate soul ;)  Bl could really really use this, as we are a kingdom of just 1 priest type.

"While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources."

Just say NO!

Allow fo priests to right click a player and have cure light, medium, serious

Cure light will heal 10-15 damage (I'm not sure what the heal range is) spread over whatever wounds are on the body - healing 4 wound completely then sharing the rest of the 6-11 damage over to another wound or wounds.

Same with medium and serious, this means we don't need to mess around finding specific wounds in a players inventory and get on with fighting.

• Like 5

For the horses part, just make it so you stop leading everything when you disembark vehicles and give it a 15 second cooldown on leading only after disembarking unless tamed

For the horses part, just make it so you stop leading everything when you disembark vehicles and give it a 15 second cooldown on leading only after disembarking unless tamed

I don't care for this on PVE because when you disembark then the horses or whatever may take that cooldown to take off running.  Chasing down horses that just went in 4 directions won't be fun.  If they stop on a deed there is no way to get them.  Especially if you haven't made it back to your deed yet so that you would be able to brand them.

I'd agree with giving BL priests the ability to tame whilst keeping the difficulty penalty in, as the penalty is a kingdom-wide thing, and not just a priest thing.

Imo it makes more sense to have no penalty for followers, but the penalty kicks in for priests

I have been in every kingdom and I think these changes are epic. There all good and should be put in asap.

Give it a month tops before people ask for every change made to be nerfed or changed again.

• Like 2