Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Spell tweaks on test

Make it so BL can tame a dark blessed mob, but cannot tame a regular mob? And opposite for WL priests?

This guy has it right.

• Like 1

I just want to say whether or not these changes end up being good, I appreciate the effort that went into them. The more you change to balance the game the closer we get to balance.

• Like 7

Not a part of? unfortunately when he 'tweaks' pvp he generally is kicking pve in the ass

We know, in order to pvp you have to do a lot of pve to get the skils. Getting to 90 weapon skill in atleast one wepon and 90 archery means killing a lot of mobs. We are also a part of this change.

Edited by blayze

Make it so BL can tame a dark blessed mob, but cannot tame a regular mob? And opposite for WL priests?

It sounds like a lovely idea, but I think the blessed mob requirement should only apply to priests.

Why?

Becouse otherwise the whole non-priest population wouldnt be able to do any taming without assistance from a priest... which they seriously shouldn't need.

• Like 1

well these are interesting changes that no doubt could bring more excitement and challenge.  wurm was never meant to be easy and these changes seem to aim at that which has been over used beyond what was perhaps intended.  to be in danger and not have certain outcomes truly makes the game more fun.  I think when i see resistance..it matters more to some on pvp side because the consequences are greater.  people want things in a way that most closely favors outcomes they want for when they are in battle and give them the best chance at winning..remember this would not be a game dev intent...chance and risk ..though frustrating actually lead to more interesting and emotional game play. that said i never quite get why pvp and pve are coded similarly..seems each should have their own..overlapping easily the parts that are relevant to each and keeping separate the parts that only apply logically to each respectively.  PVE often gets the shaft for PVP decisions..and what happens in that..and vs vs actually...is that it creates divisiveness between the two and resentment at times.   I for one find thes new changes interesting and a bit more challenging..as any wurmian would really want..easier play are meant for other games and other players that can't handle wurm.

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.??

Really?  So when we go out to collect some horses, cows, bison, (name of nonaggro creature here) we are only allowed to lead 1 if we are riding a horse or cart???  But if we are walking, we can lead 4?? Makes no sense to impact pve with this change. 

PLEASE REMOVE HUNTED STATUS, GET RID OF IT.

I CAN HURT MYSELF WITH THE PILLAR SPELLS ON TEST...

Basically in a PvP situation I will apparently be hitting my teammates randomly because of this silly mechanic.

Psst!

Did I tell you that hunted status should be removed?

• Like 5

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.

Just No. Especially for the PvE servers, i really don't want to spend my day delivering horses 1x1 to customers and or Unique kills, i have much more fun things to do. 

• Like 1

would definitely go with the CR nerf for each horse being lead, thats much more brilliant than those sources you got!

as far as uniques and light of fo go, seems fine, just make it so light of fo works in a team and all would be good!

• Like 4

Speaking strictly from a PvE point of view:

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.

As others have said this is an extremely bad restriction to impose on PvE servers. It will put horse breeders out of business and make life a lot more annoying for everyone. Nothing good can come from this.

All Priests may now use Archery without penalty

This will be a great change for fo/vynora priests for getting their body control to 21. It also means that they don't have to do the grind up front, but can chose to do it later once they find out if riding a horse is important to them.

Uniques seem too easy (and grindy) to kill because of how those spells used to work. We will probably have to make uniques take damage more easily in the process by reducing their natural armour a bit which should make it more fun as well. 

Making unique fights harder will be a good thing in my opinion. I think that even if healing is nerfed the uniques don't need to be made weaker.

Combat and some healing (Heal, Scorn and Light of Fo) spells give resistance for subsequent spells cast. So the second or third time one of those spells are cast before resistance is gone you receive less effect or the spell simply fails if the resistance kicks in.

For unique fights on PvE servers I would say that cooldowns are generally better than resistance since it will encourage more priests to participate instead of just linking up to a single main healer. Resistance might work for "heal" to avoid spam healing a single tank. Cure spells require micro management, so I don't think they need to be penalized.

Very important for healing in unique fights: Please make Light of Fo heal all players in range, not just allies (PvE servers only of course). It's a huge pain to get everyone allied up for unique fights and the alliance restriction serves no purpose on a PvE server. The restriction discourages public fights and it introduces a big potential for griefing since it means everyone can loot everyone else's corpse.

I know that combat balance is mainly done with PvP in mind, so this is just chipping from the PvE side. 

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 1

We know, in order to pvp you have to do a lot of pve to get the skils. Getting to 90 weapon skill in atleast one wepon and 90 archery means killing a lot of mobs. We are also a part of this change.

The thing is, I have been here for a long time. I have watch a lot of time get wasted (development wise) in areas where it didn't need to be.  And PVP or not, this change isn't needed. One thing that stands out on why it isn't needed is:

* To reduce the effectiveness of "spiking" players by having several priests targetting and quickly shred them to pieces with spells

Really? We are messing with all of this because people that play PVP in a sandbox game want to limit their opponent's attacking ability? This community is funny, specifically the hardcore PVPers... they're the first ones to yell out about some risk vs. rewards nonsense, but yet  they want to add handicaps all over the place.

Look, you're playing pvp... in a sandbox game. If 4 priests walk up to you and unleash hell, ripping you apart.... so be it. It was supposed to happen. You made yourself vulnerable to 4 priests. The priests worked to get the ability to cast said spell, they made the effort to collect and vessel gems... you deserve to be shred. End of.

Lastly, same can be said for this new, elaborate (and stupid) update with the "corrupt" animals. Why spend hours (maybe weeks) of dev time making this complex speghetti code of a mechanic, when you could have easily just switched the feed flag of mycelium on?

Wurm is the king of Rube Goldberg fixes for their perceived problems, PVP OR PVE orientated.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 3

"spell resistance against the last type of spell cast on you."

You know that WL priests uses various types of single target damage to the diffrense of BL priests, right?

Why isn't it a resistance against all types at once?

Was that a oversight or intentional?

Don't bl priests do poison and internal damage and only need one type of priest to do this?

The thing is, I have been here for a long time. I have watch a lot of time get wasted (development wise) in areas where it didn't need to be. And PVP or not, this change isn't needed. One thing that stands out on why it isn't needed is:

* To reduce the effectiveness of "spiking" players by having several priests targetting and quickly shred them to pieces with spells

Really? We are messing with all of this because people that play PVP in a sandbox game want to limit their opponent's attacking ability? This community is funny, specifically the hardcore PVPers... they're the first ones to yell out about some risk vs. rewards nonsense, but yet they want to add handicaps all over the place.

Look, you're playing pvp... in a sandbox game. If 4 priests walk up to you and unleash hell, ripping you apart.... so be it. It was supposed to happen. You made yourself vulnerable to 4 priests. The priests worked to get the ability to cast said spell, they made the effort to collect and vessel gems... you deserve to be shred. End of.

Lastly, same can be said for this new, elaborate (and stupid) update with the "corrupt" animals. Why spend hours (maybe weeks) of dev time making this complex speghetti code or a mechanic, when you could have easily just switched the feed flag of mycelium on?

Wurm is the king of Rube Goldberg fixes for their perceived problems, PVP OR PVE orientated.

It must be nice only having to deal with pve mobs and not will the problems which I have seen friends quit over. I mean if your the master at pve you must know what's best for pvp and know what things are needed or not

It's also abovious that it is a problem due to not only the number of people that have brought it up but because it is getting work from the dev team

Edited by blayze

Just No. Especially for the PvE servers, i really don't want to spend my day delivering horses 1x1 to customers and or Unique kills, i have much more fun things to do. 

Yeah cr nerf it is so good, until next time you are delivering 4 horses and a random goblin one hit you...

It must be nice only having to deal with pve mobs and not will the problems which I have seen friends quit over. I mean if your the master at pve you must know what's best for pvp and know what things are needed or not

It's also abovious that it is a problem due to not only the number of people that have brought it up but because it is getting work from the dev team

I'm sorry your friends rage quit over PVP that they accepted to partake in the first place.

I never said I was the king of anything, nor did I imply that. I merely stated that in my long time spent here, I have watched a lot of dev time being wasted... and this is one of those times. It is an opinion.

Edited by As_I_Decay

I hope this is just for the pvp servers seems extreme to have for freedom pve

Speaking strictly from a PvE point of view:

As others have said this is an extremely bad restriction to impose on PvE servers. It will put horse breeders out of business and make life a lot more annoying for everyone. Nothing good can come from this.

This will be a great change for fo/vynora priests for getting their body control to 21. It also means that they don't have to do the grind up front, but can chose to do it later once they find out if riding a horse is important to them.

Making unique fights harder will be a good thing in my opinion. I think that even if healing is nerfed the uniques don't need to be made weaker.

For unique fights on PvE servers I would say that cooldowns are generally better than resistance since it will encourage more priests to participate instead of just linking up to a single main healer. Resistance might work for "heal" to avoid spam healing a single tank. Cure spells require micro management, so I don't think they need to be penalized.

Very important for healing in unique fights: Please make Light of Fo heal all players in range, not just allies (PvE servers only of course). It's a huge pain to get everyone allied up for unique fights and the alliance restriction serves no purpose on a PvE server. The restriction discourages public fights and it introduces a big potential for griefing since it means everyone can loot everyone else's corpse.

I know that combat balance is mainly done with PvP in mind, so this is just chipping from the PvE side. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry your friends rage quit over PVP that they accepted to partake in the first place.

I never said I was the king of anything, nor did I imply that. I merely stated that in my long time spent here, I have watched a lot of dev time being wasted... and this is one of those times. It is an opinion.

• Like 1

Please don't make the uniques easier, make them harder so we actually have to work for it. Now we just zerg them with big groups and they die in few minutes(4-5minutes) and even the smaller groups takes them down in a short amount of time.

I would really like to see the uniques beeing harder to kill so we actually have to work together in groups to kill them and not just use the zerg tactics each time

Edited by urban
  • Like 4

Look, you're playing pvp... in a sandbox game. If 4 priests walk up to you and unleash hell, ripping you apart.... so be it. It was supposed to happen. You made yourself vulnerable to 4 priests. 

• Like 2

We're sorry if you quit because of any PVE that you accepted to partake in?

most changes seem to be reasonable I think except for:

"While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources."

I sometimes need to lead more than one horse over long distances, if moving from one place to another or if selling horses etc.

and im pretty sure this would affect all servers and there are probably better ways to fix the pvp issues with horses, like people mentioned with not beeing able to fight.

Just curious: Why was archery nerfed when it can be completely negated with a shield - where spells couldn't regardless?

• Like 1

Whilst fire pillar being a little more viable, it still is not comparable to fungus trap, FT does about twice as much damage still, if fire/ice pillar did about 75% of the damage fungus does that would be balanced.

Alike with fireheart/iceshard, they are in no way comparable to the damage which drain health does.

Also, with the debuff to archery/spells, wearing armour and getting a 30% debuff is massive, I would say 10-15% max would be viable. (studded leather is the neutral zone) plate/drake/scale all give 30% debuff.

And realistically, you don't want to be taking your armour off to shoot someone :/

Overall good changes, just a tad more fine tuning should be fine.

Edit: I am testing on test server now, still just derping about with things to check it all out.

Edited by Miniroll

That's different Fooli, and you know it. PVE is the nature of the game, regardless of the PVP. Besides rage quitting is rage quitting. It's emotion, arrogance, idiocy, spite... all wrapped into one.

I will spell it out for those that don't, though: If you willingly accept to engage/subject yourself to PVP in this sandbox game, you can't really complain when someone (or multiple people) comes along and knocks your ass in the dirt. If you are on the Chaos server, you have absolutely nothing to cry about, because you have the PVE servers as a resource to skill/train before attempting PVP, to lessen the odds of you getting your ass handed to you.

Remember, PVP in Wurm is a choice, it's not mandatory.

The things that we are talking about is a sailboat of 5 people killing a full knarr with only spells. You probably wouldn't know about this because it's not pve.

As viti said, come try pvp on epic and talk with the players and then tell us if it's still unnecessary

Edited by blayze