Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Spell tweaks on test

Maybe you can randomly drop your leads while an enemy is present? That might be a better way to deal with it. 

If an enemy player hits you, you drop the ropes of all your other horses so "you can focus on the fight".

Also, horses with saddles become spooked if there is PvP happening in local, causing them to run like normal without a saddle.

Fixed.

Spellchanges are really really needed. I would invite you to come to epic and play for a few weeks before you judge what is needed and what is not for us. That you dont like pvp and only consider pve changes "worthy of the dev time" sounds pretty selfish to me. The spell changes are very much needed and will make the life much more enjoyable for everyone on epic. 

Won't be heading to Epic to see what changes are needed there because, imho, Epic was/is another Wurm development failure.

Pash said it before, the problem is is that PVE sees the same mechanic changes as PVP. In this specific instance, as long as the animal leading thing isn't enforced on us, this doesn't really negatively affect us. But, in plenty of other cases, it has. 

This isn't a "oh, pvp is getting attention! we can't have none of that!" cry from me. There are other pvp related fixes that are more pertinent to everyone's game play than changing priests, yet again, because "omg, i got ganked by a priest squad. nerf plox!!!" Speaking of Epic fixes in need, how about fixing the broken missions that haven't worked since day one of implementation? Isn't that a big part of every Epic player's gameplay?

My issue is the elaborate, overly complex fixes that the dev team puts into "perceived" game issues, whether PVE or PVP. I am not complaining about PVP getting dev time.

• Like 1

The fixes that were put in the game are very simple. They weren't just requested from one losing side, a lot of people wanted to see changes. Most missions are perfectly fine, every now and then they are impossible and a GM comes and resets it. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here.

Anyway, not having much luck with testing the spells against other players on the Test server. Most of my hits seem to do zero damage. When used against mobs, like casting fireheart on a mob, it seems to do about medium wounds.

Most missions are perfectly fine

Even on the pve servers, I see evidence of the opposite.

Yesterday, one of the Gods requested to build a foundation pillar on deli in the SE. Upon doing so, an event message indicated that it had to be built in the SW. Then, upon attempting to build the same foundation pillar in the SW, another event message was sent saying that it had to be built in the SE.

So, how good is that working over on Epic? If fine, I stand corrected and have to retract my previous example.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.

It's good to see irc pm's are still just as effective, or should I assume this is the work of the super secret comittee? The next time I'm trying to grab horses for friends I'll have to decline because of battles being more interesting on pve, thx.

• Like 1

I think the horse thing maybe if it doesnt apply on deed could work, or a cr nerf for each one you have or something. But ppl are correct, animal transport still needs to happen, so this probably needs to be thought over

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 1

Yesterday, one of the Gods requested to build a foundation pillar on deli in the SE. Upon doing so, an event message indicated that it had to be built in the SW. Then, upon attempting to build the same foundation pillar in the SW, another event message was sent saying that it had to be built in the SE.

So, how good is that working over on Epic? If fine, I stand corrected and have to retract my previous example.

Not very familiar with the building missions, as nobody ever does them on Elevation anymore because they're way too dangerous and too difficult, though I have never had issues with obelisks in the past. All the other missions seem to be fine. Rarely tree missions bug out, or you have to sacrifice some ridiculous item that's way too rare.

Most of the time it's totally fine though.

It's good to see irc pm's are still just as effective, or should I assume this is the work of the super secret comittee? The next time I'm trying to grab horses for friends I'll have to decline because of battles being more interesting on pve, thx.

A billion easy things that could be fixed right now (including the mailing system that you keep screwing over), and yet we're sinking time into elaborately rehashing the mechanics of spells (which was last done a couple of years ago)...

I bet more PVPers were affected by the unfinished mailing change than they were by offensive priest spells.

• Like 1

Not sure what the point of overheating is now, it kinda seems like it would be impossible with everything having a cooldown.

Will have to see i guess.

Really don't get the archery changes though,

Wear armor that is vunerable to archery so you can use archery on people who are pretty much immune to it, then get killed in 5 arrows from those people.

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 1

Not very familiar with the building missions, as nobody ever does them on Elevation anymore because they're way too dangerous and too difficult, though I have never had issues with obelisks in the past. All the other missions seem to be fine. Rarely tree missions bug out, or you have to sacrifice some ridiculous item that's way too rare.

Ummm why the neck are you making it worse for PVE trying to PVP better. Also the léading one horse while riding a vehicle seriously????!!! Are you trying to make people quit the game ?

While on a vehicle or riding you may now only lead one creature which should make battles more interesting according to several sources.
Edited by KanePT

I dislike the armor nerfing stuff, but the rest of it I'm mostly willing to try out.

Oakshell now has 30 seconds cooldown

Hellstrength now has 30 seconds cooldown

Willowspine now has 30 seconds cooldown

I'm not sure why buffs like these have cooldowns.  Most often even if you're a very well skilled priest, getting a great first cast doesn't happen, so this seems to remove any possible usage for these buffs, which are all rarely used. 

I don't understand why we have 30 second cooldowns on the direct attack spells (rotting gut fireheart shard of ice) when we have the resistances, the resistances will wear off when the cooldown is up.  Tentacles and fungus trap previously already did 2x the damage as ice pillar and fire pillar

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 4

Not very familiar with......These are the missions but you are going to say they are fine.  Ok.  Glad to know how to take the rest of your opinions.

Did you read his or my post? He said missions are bugged and that it's a big feature of epic and I said almost all missions work fine here. The times we actually did building missions, everything went fine and I haven't heard anything about bugged building missions from other people here.

all of this sounds pretty good, over the next few days ill give it a solid lookover and feedback per individual spell

my only current complaint is, if all priests can now use bows, i believe the only god that can't tame (libila), should now be able to tame and the taming nerf for simply being BL, should also go away.

The leading horse thing needs to happen, but not in that way. IMO a better mechanic would be to lose CR per horse led, that way people can still transport horses, but it solves the issue of people using 2-3 backups.

Giving the other priests archery is a balancing issue, giving priests that have archery another ability would maintain the imbalance.

Yes I did read his and yours.  You are saying missions aren't bugged but yet you just said that you aren't familiar with any of the build missions since they are too hard or dangerous.  Those missions have been bugged for a while.  Now you are saying that you are familiar with them and they work fine.  This is just sidetracking what people (at least me) are upset about.

Leading animals!

Has anyone tested the new damage values yet for single target spells yet?

I haven't had any luck testing it on other people. It seems to do either no damage, or very little damage, so I think it's bugged. When casting ice shard on something like a hell horse, it seems to do around 10-15dmg.

You even quoted me on how I did not say that... nevermind...

BrQQQ

Villager

Game Master

2,989 posts

LocationThe Netherlands

Posted Today, 10:28 AM

As_I_Decay, on 05 Sept 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Kinda don't get how the testing is supposed to work, fireheart/shard of ice do 0 damage, can't get pillars to effect each other unless you go hunted, which makes your pillars hurt everyone (including yourself), but other people cannot hurt you with theirs.

The random diety is fun too, got 13 fo 3 mag 1 vyn.

Tornado ignores armor(and it does not give any "resistance", being physical damage.)

10dam+stun is funtimes. (didn't notice 30sec cast, so its actually still useless)

Tentacles also does ~30 damage over its duration+ignores armor.(and continues to be invisible)

Also is not wearing armor supposed to give you a 30% buff?(aka casting anything is now 30% easier for enchants etc)

You also get the resistance to firepillar/icepillar before they actually start doing damage, so you get ~2-3 damage through plate, ~9 a tic naked.

Also, smite.

[13:19:34] You cast 'Smite' on Asuna.x3

[13:19:34] Power=70.53311157226562

[13:19:34] Asuna resists your attempt to smite her.

19.5soul strength too strong.

Edited by Kagrenac