Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Furnishings on Test

I was not sure where to post this at but there are a few things i think needs to be addressed on the new furnishings that are coming out.  I have been making a bunch of the new things on test and the biggest trouble i am having is with the hodgepodge of different colors and wood textures.

I was thinking it would be a set and all the wood would match at least if we could not have it showing the wood we choose like barrels. The bed, wardrobe, and bedside tables all match but then the bookshelves and chairs are all different and the two bookshelves don't even look like they match all that well. I know they are not in the game yet but lets hope they get a makeover...granted the chairs and bookshelves look better i think so the bedroom set needs to be changed to match more with them.  

Also the chairs and bookshelves do not have any move function to them and the bookshelves are extremely hard to get lined up trying to drop them in the right spot.  I have not even started with tables but if we don't have any new tables then the ones we have are not going to go with any of the new chairs...lets just hope they give us a set and not this hodgepodge job. 

UMmQyRF.jpg

obC4mgG.jpg

Edit: I don't want to seem ungrateful but i have just been waiting for this kind of stuff to be added to the game for a long time and want it to be good.  :)  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 7

Yeah there is some stuff there! I really like it. A lot. 

I think I found a chimney the other day, but might be wrong. Didnt pay much attention, was too amazed about the other stuff! 

Good catch!

glad to see someone testing n giving good detailed feedback.  more of this will ensure when the general populous get to see it in game live..that kinks will be flushed out

Now let us make books to put in those bookcases instead of baking them into the model.

• Like 8

I agree, if the wardrobe and the wood on the bed were the same type/color as the bookshelfs/chairs, it would look better.

Pretty awsome stuff though forsure, cant wait. :D

The wooden fences don't even match the wooden details on stone house walls, don't get your hopes up

The wooden fences don't even match the wooden details on stone house walls, don't get your hopes up

Such aesthetic quiffiling is the area of the gfx team anyway (models are almost macguffin in their interchangeability), and aye books would be nice

Anyways... someone mentioned a chimney? As in an extender for fireplaces on lower floors?

Edited by Klaa

Anyways... someone mentioned a chimney? As in an extender for fireplaces on lower floors?

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Whoever is handling the art now is doing a phenomenal job. D: Can't wait to see these implemented fully into the game.

Oww, I like that fireplace! Hope it comes to the live server with the furniture.

To the wood colour - I wouldn't even have noticed that if not for the second picture... 

But it would definitely look a lot nicer if it had the same colour.

Please, make the furniture fit together!  :(

Edited by Cayce

Also the chairs and bookshelves do not have any move function to them and the bookshelves are extremely hard to get lined up trying to drop them in the right spot. 

Ah I must have missed adding the movable flag, easy enough to fix. Will update test later today with the flags set.

• Like 3

Can you put things in the wardrobes and bookshelves? Are they containers or just dumb objects?

Anyway they do look great, but they should have a function too.

Can you put things in the wardrobes and bookshelves? Are they containers or just dumb objects?

Anyway they do look great, but they should have a function too.

Edited by Kegan

Well, it all looks great... Just a pity it doesn't match though imo.

Well, it all looks great... Just a pity it doesn't match though imo.

I am not sure if they do all this in house or buy assets from places to me it seems like they buy them so it is always all over the place on wood texture and colors.

If they were to use a wood we already have in-game it would be much better. In the past it all use to be willow texture the house trim, the floorboards anything made from wood had the willow texture but now it is all over the place.

I guess the best way would be to let us pick the wood we want like barrels but i can see where that would add up the files quick too.  It is all great stuff just wished it matched up a little better is all some people like the contrasting but for me i want it all matching, lol  

Edited by Kegan

Really looking forward to all these items being implemented! Would be lovely if pretty much everything craftable with wood we could choose the looks based on the wood we use, but for now these are fine without that. I actually prefer the texture on the bookcases, the darker wood is nice but somehow more lifeless than the bookcase texture. One way to look at the differences is that some furniture goes in the bedroom (bed, wardrobe, bed table) while other furniture goes in other rooms like dining room (I'm sure we will get a table to match some of the chairs at some point) and living area (bookcases, new wooden bench, certain chairs and side tables etc), so it may well be possible that 'sets' do match if used that way?

Thanks for checking them all out Kegan and sharing the pics. Bring on the fireplace! :)

I agree even in their current textures they will be an asset to the game and like you said with spacing and the right pairing it won't be as bad. Now if we could just pick the wood we wanted then that would really be awesome and for me it would all be made from olivewood.   :)

Anyway i will stop now i got my rants out and feel better, lol

Edited by Kegan

Also, the color of weapon racks don't match bulk bins.

I like everything matching too, but I gave up on that long ago. The looms, carts, wagons, tables and chairs are stuck with the classic wurm wood look, bow racks are a type of their own, as are oil barrels. The trim of the stone houses don't match up to anything, and as you had said, wood fencing doesn't even match the wooden details of the house (flooring). I used to paint the items that I could to best match them to my favorite wood type, but that got screwed up when the dev team decided it was a good idea to mess with dye shaders.

My current stance is "as long as it has the same wood type in the hover-over name, it's good enough".  Sad, I know.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

The wardrobe holds loads of armor i have not tested to see how much but i have put in a lot it might even be 100 items. The bookshelf did not open but the bedside tables were a container not sure on size i would think sm chest sized. 

Edit: Speaking of tables i guess we must be in the lower class of the Wurm kingdom because we can afford new chairs for our houses but not new tables, lol

M6Nmgcu.jpg

Try the new small tripod table.

Well looks like they are changing the bedroom set to better match the other stuff all but the bed and bench were done on the latest patch on test. (i will get a ss when it gets daylight in game)

YhgOWeE.jpg

VUgqLMk.jpg

thank you :)

Edit: Don't forget about the larger tables

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

What exactly are we getting? A new bed, a coffer, two different book cases, two new chairs a new table and a wardrobe? Or are the new looking chairs and tables are just an updated version of the current ones? Can we use the book case or the coffer as a container? Also since that's a bed for two, does that mean two people will be able to sleep in it? 

Edited by atazs

Ah I must have missed adding the movable flag, easy enough to fix. Will update test later today with the flags set.

Is there a reason for not putting the move flag on meditation rugs? They are another thing that is so hard to get lined up by just dropping them.  (well i guess all rugs now that we have the bear..etc)

Edited by Kegan