Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 36

Current boats work fine, COLLIDE BRIDGES, The collision guy has his brows in the wrong business right now.

We choose to get collision detection in this decade, and do the other things.

Not because they are easy, but because they are hard!

- Haradur, September 2014

Edited by Tissotx
  • Like 2

I have yet to play the patch yet but it would also be nice to see some balance between wl single target spells and bl single target spells. The difference is 2 damage vs 10-20. 9 damage vs 10 damage internal for 2x cast time or 3x the cast time+2x difficulty for 15. (in actual pvp, damage values for all go way down.)

Edited by blayze

I was talking about casting on on players with 80ql plate.

What you added into my post just makes no sense and seems to have little to no basis behind it. Please before you go and try to correct me test it your self and report the values.

Rotting gut - average of 10 damage, 1 DPS

Worm brains - average of 16 damage, 1.1 DPS

Fire heart - average of 2.5 damage, 0.5 DPS

Shard of ice - average of 2.6 damage, 0.4 DPS

Also if you want to compare difficulty of spells rotting gut is 10, fire heart is 30

80ql plate was not mentioned anywhere in the post, simply damage values, which generally refers to the damage something does, not the damage something does to something with x reduction to damage.

Actual damage,

Rotting gut, 10 damage, 1dps, 10 difficulty.

Shard of ice, 9 damage, 1.8dps, 20 difficulty.

Fireheart, 9 damage 1.8dps, 30 difficulty (assumed it was the same as shard of ice in my other post)

Worm brains, 15 damage, 1dps, 40 difficulty.

"The issue originally as many know is collecting big amounts of favor in gems before a battle then using it as “instant magic potions†giving you unlimited uses of spells."

And?  How is that a problem?  If I want to save up gems and vessel them I am simply taking time preparing for war.  They are one shot items, don't punish a priest for getting ready before combat.  You let people make the best armor they can and then enchant it to get ready for combat, right?  You let people make 2,000 arrows, improve them, enchant them - right?  If I want to spend a month preparing for a combat where I will majorly own the other side and they don't spend any time - not my fault if they die.  I spent the time and they didn't.

And if you are dead set on crippling the system by interfering where none is needed, at least be fair about it.  Do the same cripple to healing spells.

Maybe the biggest problem to PVP is people coming in every month and fiddling with the system.  Make it fair to all sides and leave it alone. 

And give me my damn enchanted trees back or something comparable.

And let me surface mine 3x my mining skill like 9/10 of the wurm population can.  Or give 1 valid reason why we currently are not allowed to.

And give traps a longer time.  Idiotic if I want to spend all the time making traps, trying to place them (with lots of fails) to get any trap skill, then make and improve and enchant traps and try to place them (with most destroyed because of fail to place) - and they last 3 days.  If I want to spend months grinding on something to help defend my deed, don't punish me.  After all, i'm paying you money/silver while i'm premium and doing it, right?

AND either increase the time player cast lava lasts (seriously, 3-10 days?) or give us something comparable instead.  If I spend the time getting that meditation power I should be able to use it for something useful.

But you're going to do what you're going to do and us little guys just have to deal with it.  Just like losing 100 enchanted grass tiles when you changed animals eating down enchanted grass a year back and messed it up, not even a 'sorry' in compensation.

Seriously, stop overcompensating in fixes. Just make a fair system for all kingdoms and leave it the hell alone. Bored and need something to mess with?  Go overhaul the cooking system like we've been asking for years.

Edited by leaf
  • Like 1

"The issue originally as many know is collecting big amounts of favor in gems before a battle then using it as “instant magic potions†giving you unlimited uses of spells."

And?  How is that a problem?  If I want to save up gems and vessel them I am simply taking time preparing for war.  They are one shot items, don't punish a priest for getting ready before combat.  You let people make the best armor they can and then enchant it to get ready for combat, right?  You let people make 2,000 arrows, improve them, enchant them - right?  If I want to spend a month preparing for a combat where I will majorly own the other side and they don't spend any time - not my fault if they die.  I spent the time and they didn't.

And if you are dead set on crippling the system by interfering where none is needed, at least be fair about it.  Do the same cripple to healing spells.

Maybe the biggest problem to PVP is people coming in every month and fiddling with the system.  Make it fair to all sides and leave it alone. 

And give me my damn enchanted trees back or something comparable.

And let me surface mine 3x my mining skill like 9/10 of the wurm population can.  Or give 1 valid reason why we currently are not allowed to.

And give traps a longer time.  Idiotic if I want to spend all the time making traps, trying to place them (with lots of fails) to get any trap skill, then make and improve and enchant traps and try to place them (with most destroyed because of fail to place) - and they last 3 days.  If I want to spend months grinding on something to help defend my deed, don't punish me.  After all, i'm paying you money/silver while i'm premium and doing it, right?

AND either increase the time player cast lava lasts (seriously, 3-10 days?) or give us something comparable instead.  If I spend the time getting that meditation power I should be able to use it for something useful.

But you're going to do what you're going to do and us little guys just have to deal with it.  Just like losing 100 enchanted grass tiles when you changed animals eating down enchanted grass a year back and messed it up, not even a 'sorry' in compensation.

Seriously, stop overcompensating in fixes. Just make a fair system for all kingdoms and leave it the hell alone. Bored and need something to mess with?  Go overhaul the cooking system like we've been asking for years.

wow dude you need some cute animals to make you feel better. here is what the doctor ordered.

cute-animals-pictures-bunny-rabbit-stick              cute+animal+happy+life+(11).jpg   cute-animals-wallpapers.jpg

How about rather then promising us with these weekly inclusions of ###### that won't work when its included in Wurm there's a weekly we're working on these bugs to make the game playable.

Because right now, as it has been since its supposed beta ended its bugged, graphically glitchy and has the recommended spec of a game far above what it should require.

Also maybe you should listen to the people that play this game, as that whole player based concil was about. Not that this will matter post will get deleted before anyone reads it. Thanks in advance.

Also the Redbarron amusing allusions to the operations behind Wurm i'd say something but that seems how every business model i've worked under operates itself. 

Edit: Maybe its just more simple to say that Wurm and interesting and innovative sandbox MMO would do better with some superior management, perhaps a change of hands.

Edited by FreeTineen

Someone can cast offensive spells on itself before battle and make enemies's spells useless 

Wurm rules and so does Haradur.

All the people that just cry and stomp their feet every single news update are lame! But inevitable.

I hope Rolf is giving Haradur a foot massage right now as he codes away - that's gotta boost productivity.

Wurm rules and so does Haradur.

All the people that just cry and stomp their feet every single news update are lame! But inevitable.

I hope Rolf is giving Haradur a foot massage right now as he codes away - that's gotta boost productivity.

Enjoy playing this game when its alienated the majority of its already slender player base.

Someone can cast offensive spells on itself before battle and make enemies's spells useless 

Resistances wear off fast, would just be a waste of favor and wounding yourself right before battle doesn't seem very smart

• Like 2

Communication, the Dev way.

If you are thinking internal communication is always easy, I wanted to give you a bit of an example of how talking to the devs usually goes.

1. Where are we at with the thing?

2. One says this, one says that. But that was dependent upon the other thing.

Who was it that did that?

I do not know. Wait, actually I did another thing and that changes this and that depends on the next thing.

Which thing?

The one where we have the original thing, this and the other stuff.

Aaah yes… So where are we at with the next thing?

(Start reading from line 2 again and repeat)

• Like 1

Getting the new collisions to work is proving to be a challenge.

Are they trying to make boats collide with other boats or will you still be able to pass thru other ships?

Well done all - looking forward to the interiors

- and the ships, Harador :D

Getting the new collisions to work is proving to be a challenge.

Are they trying to make boats collide with other boats or will you still be able to pass thru other ships?

Possibly that and making sure people dont fall through the ships at some location.

Possibly that and making sure people dont fall through the ships at some location.

• Like 1

Well if they did that were ships cant pass through each other, then whats to stop players on freedom server from parking a ship across the entrance of a canal just to grief people?

The collisions occurred at the driver seat. So passengers could get stuck inside walls and buildings and other shenigans could occur simply because the driver seat is at the back of the boat and everyone is at the front

Yes so now the whole boat is a collidable object. What I want to know does that mean boats will be able to collide with one another since they are now both collidable objects or will they still clip through each other?

Yes so now the whole boat is a collidable object. What I want to know does that mean boats will be able to collide with one another since they are now both collidable objects or will they still clip through each other?

What a collider does is prevents anything from passing threw it to answer your question no collider can pass threw another collider. So there will be no clipping but it wouldn't break any thing cause you could simply add in a push feature that would allow one to push a boat which we already have just need to tweak the rule set a bit.