Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 36

Good update on the spells, and well needed for the horses for BL.

Only thing which is.. meh is that you've said you're adding cool downs, and resistances, but whats happened to actually balancing the spells? The BL spells do an absolutely huge amount of damage to the WL equivalents (they arent affected by armour), not to mention their 3 second heal stun spell.

Also whats up with BL sacing 1 90ql veggy and getting 10 favor? Isnt that a little over powered?

BL get more favor sacrificing unprocessed wemp than I do making cordage rope with 80(96) ropemaking and a 95ql rare rope tool. Kind of sucks, that's a lot of work.

• Like 2

Please can we have wood type showing as they do  with  so many things..  The dark wood is messing with my apple wood  furniture , it really clashes :(

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 2

Not a word on mailing fixes, huh?

After last week you have a full on PR disaster and it isn't even mentioned...

if you like so many of the BL percs, maybe you should try a different kingdom instead of trying to aquire/nerf all of our abilities.

Good update on the spells, and well needed for the horses for BL.

Only thing which is.. meh is that you've said you're adding cool downs, and resistances, but whats happened to actually balancing the spells? The BL spells do an absolutely huge amount of damage to the WL equivalents (they arent affected by armour), not to mention their 3 second heal stun spell.

Also whats up with BL sacing 1 90ql veggy and getting 10 favor? Isnt that a little over powered?

Edited by Hogwash
  • Like 2

if you like so many of the BL percs, maybe you should try a different kingdom instead of trying to aquire/nerf all of our abilities.

Given your kingdoms recent slew of posts, lets not go there.

Also, am I the only one that's wondering if I imagined all the bridge stuff? :/

Good work, hopefully those boats will be done soon.

Corrupt/blessed horses, really? Sneak up on your neighbour? So, you want internal griefing inside the kingdoms or what is the point of this?

Good work, hopefully those boats will be done soon.

Corrupt/blessed horses, really? Sneak up on your neighbour? So, you want internal griefing inside the kingdoms or what is the point of this?

Edited by Hogwash

Balancing Aggressive Spells

Much will easily be resolved with balanced cooldowns but for nuking there will also be a gradual resistance building up in the person being attacked by the same type of attack.

As an example, a group with priests of the same faith cast a single target nuke attack on the same target.

He would with the first attack gain a resistance of say 70% fire which makes the next fire attack less punishing.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 7

The new Boats

Getting the new collisions to work is proving to be a challenge.

Progress is slow but steady and I can see Haradurs brows sunken in concentration throughout the days at the office.

But if you all come together and post a message here to boost Haradurs morale, I am sure he will be able find another gear and energy for this task.

Come on mate you can do it!

Haradur! Haradur!

Come on Alexander! We know you can do this.

Hard work always pays off on the long run.

And thanks for the update RedBaron, I look forward to it every week :wub:

Balancing Aggressive Spells

We have managed to go through the huge thread with tons of great feedback from the Wurmians, thank you for helping out!

The coding for the first round of testing is now done and is going on the testserver for evaluation.

We are focusing mainly on the PvP offensive spells where nuking a single player or spamming area of effects on groups needs to be balanced.

The issue originally as many know is collecting big amounts of favor in gems before a battle then using it as “instant magic potions†giving you unlimited uses of spells.

Much will easily be resolved with balanced cooldowns but for nuking there will also be a gradual resistance building up in the person being attacked by the same type of attack.

As an example, a group with priests of the same faith cast a single target nuke attack on the same target.

He would with the first attack gain a resistance of say 70% fire which makes the next fire attack less punishing.

You lose the resistance gradually over time as long as you do not keep getting hit with the same attack or die.

As I said, this will be the first round of testing and might very well be subject to change.

But it will be exciting to see if this changes up gameplay a bit, making it more dynamic.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

Look forward to new boat models!

Keep up the good work on them Haradur!

Also interior items.... :)

Cant wait

I'm not sure a hard resistance for being casted on is necessary nor was there a lot of support for that :unsure:  Higher soul strength gradually decreasing damage taken; yep.  I'd agree with that.  Balancing spell damage, cooldowns and overheating, yep.

70% for the first attack sounds like it makes all spells useless per person, doesn't help that only bl spells are useful to begin with.  Hate definitely feels more pointless to have when second spell casted on you already is doing barely any damage :mellow:

Edit:  Does this... also make sorcery useless?  Free powerful resistances without debuffs

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

I'm not sure a hard resistance for being casted on is necessary nor was there a lot of support for that :unsure:  Higher soul strength gradually decreasing damage taken; yep.  I'd agree with that.  Balancing spell damage, cooldowns and overheating, yep.

70% for the first attack sounds like it makes all spells useless per person, doesn't help that only bl spells are useful to begin with.  Hate definitely feels more pointless to have when second spell casted on you already is doing barely any damage :mellow:

Edit:  Does this... also make sorcery useless?  Free powerful resistances without debuffs

All that was really necessary, in my opinion, was soul strength being used as a modifier for spell damage and spell reduction (it currently does nothing afaik) and the buffing of Fireheart and Shard of Ice so that they also ignore armor. If the building of resistance is anything more than like, 5% per cast, then single-target spells are rendered even more worthless. The issue was NOT that BL priests were spamming spells (it took a sailboat of BL priests a significant time to kill someone this way). The issue was that Mag and Vyn couldn't have anything to match it, and could do nothing but try to heal it. 

Add this nerf to the pillar nerf and the upcoming AoE nerf and it looks like priests are largely being nerfed and removed from PvP instead of simply rebalanced.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 2

Overheat is honestly pretty hard to hit.  

As WL, sure, especially since light of Fo isn't a combat spell.

Rapidly cast some worm brains, and you will overheat pretty fast.

Even phantasms will overheat you, 14 casts(that actually hit/failed to channel)+2 fungus traps+2 worm brains was what I cast before my first overheat in that joint mr/jk raid on dsc(over an 8 minute period).

thanks again for a news segment.

Communication, the Dev way.

If you are thinking internal communication is always easy, I wanted to give you a bit of an example of how talking to the devs usually goes.

1. Where are we at with the thing?
  2. One says this, one says that. But that was dependent upon the other thing.
  3. Who was it that did that?
  4. I do not know. Wait, actually I did another thing and that changes this and that depends on the next thing.
  5. Which thing?
  6. The one where we have the original thing, this and the other stuff.
  7. Aaah yes… So where are we at with the next thing?

(Start reading from line 2 again and repeat)

hmm yes we had noticed thats how it goes at code club, but its doesnt make you look very professional.

its also why i stopped paying for this game more than a year ago. all the unannounced nerfs, and out of nowhere

changes, and "unintended features", that become bugs or exploits when code club wakes up on the

other side of the bed that morning is pretty much the norm.

awesome game, but it could be great, if you got your act together.

sorry but someone has to say it.

• Like 3

**stuff** 

Also you mentioned fire in particular and not spells overall, does this imply that the frost attacks and fire attacks will not share the same spell resistance function if implemented? thats fair towards BL?

Also you claim we can cast unlimited ammount of spells, obviously you have no clue how the casting is working.

WE OVERHEAT.

it's a function in the game. look it up. or hey, go on the test server and cast some wurm brains. Go see how "unlimited" your spell casting is.

Communication, the Dev a better way.

If you are thinking internal communication is always easy, I wanted to give you a bit of an example of how talking to the devs usually goes.

1.Where are we at with the thing? ---- Hire COO or put a Project Manager in place

2.One says this, one says that. But that was dependent upon the other thing.---- Flowchart or Gantt -  Excel is your friend. SharePoint is handy as well.

3.Who was it that did that?---See #1

4.I do not know. Wait, actually I did another thing and that changes this and that depends on the next thing. ---See#2

5.Which thing? ---See #1 or #2

6.The one where we have the original thing, this and the other stuff.--- See #2

7.Aaah yes… So where are we at with the next thing?--- See #1

(Start reading from line 2 again and repeat)      Just have #1 do #2 and keep it up to date.

• Like 5