Sign in to follow this  
Libertha

The worldmap sail connections

I'm also going to give it a -1.

I'd rather keep the maps the way they are or give everyone a pop up at server border to choose the server destination they want. Fair for everyone.

All I see in this suggestion is life being made easier for PVP players: They can reach all the older "ghost" PVE servers easier to get their hunting on, sell their wares on, drain their trader deeds, etc. The only server "difficult" for them to get to is Xanadu, which has nothing to hunt, no traders to drain...

• Like 1

its not only pvp players but also pve players, making sailing from and to certain servers easier. Plus there are quite some folk who want to go to chaos but also live on freedom, it would make it easier for them to.

also this would bring chaos a bit beter connected, much like elevation has the home servers around it.

+1

I like the idea - seems to me like a more logical solution than the current one.

its not only pvp players but also pve players, making sailing from and to certain servers easier. Plus there are quite some folk who want to go to chaos but also live on freedom, it would make it easier for them to.

also this would bring chaos a bit beter connected, much like elevation has the home servers around it.

The only thing you did there for PVE travel was connect south Cele to North Indy, Otherwise, it's the same connections, just very oddly placed.

Again, what's fair is fair: If PVE players from P&R want to do PVP, they can sail across all the servers... just like I have to when I want to go to those servers. Remember, it was them that asked for the "buffer zone" between them and the old cluster. 

As for making Chaos better connected, I really couldn't care less about that. As far as I'm concerned, Chaos has been on life support since it took that name. If it weren't for the coin that PVP sucks out of the PVE servers, it wouldn't even exist anymore, as It was on a very downhill slope before it became Chaos. Part of that coin that makes it alive is acquired via the massive amount of PVP player owned trader deeds on the PVE servers, part of it is acquired when the PVP crowd sells their kingdom crap on the PVE servers, and part is acquired through selling special items from unique kills, both taken place on Chaos AND on the PVE servers. As far as I am concerned, Wild Chaos has its life support and is doing fairly well now because of it. I do not agree in making things even easier for them (while not benefiting us, the PVEers, at all).

if you do not care for the pvp element then do not comment on that please.

if you do not care for the pvp element then do not comment on that please.

But my comments being made relate to the "issue at hand", regardless of my own personal feelings.

*It is true that P&R wanted that buffer.

*It is true that Chaos milks the PVE economy to support itself.

*It is true that your map is bias and benefits travel of the PVP crowd, while doing really nothing for the PVE players.

Implement pop-ups to pick which server we want to travel to at the border and all of it becomes fair for everyone.

*P&R keep their buffer because theres the pvp server inbetween, and no direct connection from elsewhere.

*Players want to buy things that come from chaos, its that simple. If people didn't want the items they wouldn't go there.

*My suggestion does benefit the pvp crowd, but also pve crowd.

+1 

The "I don't want to benefit pvp" argument is boring and to be honest you're clutching at straws. 

The way that map seems to work it doesn't affect the non pvpers at all but benefits people wanting to travel from indy or cele to release or pristine a vast amount.

If you don't pvp then quit all the "us and them" arguments. It's a sandbox game people do what they enjoy, including it seems, forum pvp.

• Like 1

+1, and while they're at it fix enemies sailing over borders in local (as per whereami's post) and also fix the twilight zone. Give cross-server travel some love!

Do it already.

Crossing on the West side of chaos and East side of P/R would benefit those 3 servers for sure, and would also make travel to east Xanadu easier.

+1 to the improved Freedom connections

-1 to the new chaos connections