Sign in to follow this  
Libertha

The worldmap sail connections

Oke, so basically before i start off i wanted to announce that i am aware that a similiar topic like this was up not to long ago. However i feel that topic wanted to change server positions around and much more, while i have no intention to do so.

After the creation of the ingame world map i've been stuck with wondering why the connections were made this. Not only that but do they also not offer enough travel freedom.

so here's my suggestion, detailed with image and explanation below

NO0ceUf.jpg

Clarification:

Red Lines: Chaos connection improvements

Blue Lines: Freedom connection improvements

Benefits:

Celebration no longer a disconnected island due to independence & Xanadu connection. easier travel on Xanadu with celebration and independence connected to different sides.

Easier access to pvp for release/pristine.

Easier going back from a pvp trip to your server.

please comment and let me know how you feel about these routes.

Greetings,

Libertha/Cardboardboxprocessor

Edited by Libertha
  • Like 14

+1 would love this

Edited by necroe

-1 I have enough issues with getting stuck in the....."twilight zone" with how there set up now, Unless thats fixed, No.

And even if that gets fixed.... I don't exactly like this perfectly, either.   I'd rather not see sailing from Inde/celeb going to north/south of xanadu, Those should (at least for now) Remain empty with routes, some people settled there to stay away from others...and out of the way of sailers.

you can ofcourse toss in suggestions hoppy, thats what this forum is for :)

Druidnature,

First reason: isn't really a reason why others shouldn't be able to benefit from easy travel.

Second reason: i don't believe people live on the north and south coast of xanadu because they wanted to be left alone, there are alot beter and different locations for that.

I'm all for more connections, but a few issues here.

That map as is follows Wurm Logic entirely, meaning if you look at it, it directionally doesn't make much sense.

Also, if we're opening up more borders on Chaos, there will need to be some looking into the issue of border hopping. Currently we only have to worry about this on the east border. If this gets implemented many people will want to see something like not being able to cross in enemy local, etc. To prevent easy outs when being chased. As this would make it entirely impossible to PVP by boat.

you can ofcourse toss in suggestions hoppy, thats what this forum is for :)

Druidnature,

First reason: isn't really a reason why others shouldn't be able to benefit from easy travel.

Second reason: i don't believe people live on the north and south coast of xanadu because they wanted to be left alone, there are alot beter and different locations for that.

I, and 3 friends I've met on Xanadu, did for that very reason.....and two friends I had move from Deli also, for that reason.  So people do move to certain areas to stay away.

it's like saying lets connect North inde and South celeb......While it SEEMS a good idea,  Is it really? your going to ruin some peoples space, the same with Xanadu, it's a very valid reason.  I see no reason why inde or cele needs a connection north or south anyway, As people may live on Inde and Xanadu and have already set up due to current travel.....  your gonna make them spend more time traveling, in that case too.

I just don't understand why there is obly 1 way travel with some servers.

• Like 1

I do agree on that whereami, with preventing server hopping in pvp

Edited by Libertha

+1

glad someone else came up with a border crossing idea. Mine was pretty innovative but while chaos people liked it the freedomers were all pissy that they had even a remote chance of crossing to pvp-omg-no-i-might-maybe-could-possibly-die-land.

+1

Game needs sea travel improvements ASAP.

Yes yes yes. Do this! It still involves a good amount of sailing to reach most servers but isn't a part-time job sailing. Right now I'd never sail from Pristine or eastern Xanadu to Deli or Cele for bricks, crops, etc.... Make it sensible and I actually might. I swear this game should be called SAIL instead of Wurm.

glad people like it, i hope the issue gets the attention it needs, whether it is my suggestion or somebody else his/her suggestion.

+1, + give a message to what server you're crossing in orange, instead of "you re crossing ".

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to be able to sail to every map if you position yourself correctly?

Chaos can choose to sail to exodus, cele in the sotheast corner, east goes to deli, north east to indi.

yes it would be, but im pretty sure that would be alot more work then a simple adding/changing some routes solution. so hence this suggestion.

big +1, had to check all the lines a few times, but sounds very logical and ... handy for all sailors