Sign in to follow this  
tarlynn

Severe latency issues

[16:39:34] The server has been up 3 days, 14 hours and 1 minutes.

The server has been having some severe latency issues the last 12 hours. I have not been able to skill, and was noticing (after using 5 hours worth of sleep powders) that the timers are ticking normally as far as countdowns. It is however taking 5-10 seconds to begin creating an item. This means that I am losing 5-10 seconds worth of sleep bonus per item created, and have been trying to grind my skills for the last 2 days.

The CA's have mentioned that the servers have been up for too long possibly and may need a reset. Please do a maintenance, and please consider the value of the time that players have lost in terms of the ability to craft, loss of sleep bonus, and sheer frustration of having such a delay in the game servers.

Thank you for your understanding of the slightly frustrated undertone in the context of this post.

Yea its really laggy for me too.  I had to stop using my sleep bonus also!

for me its been real laggy since winter started.

dont know if its related.

Not sure whats going on, lots of people are in my alliance as well, not me though. I want to say might be ISP related?

It seems that it was really bad for people in Canada. I heard from 3 other players and myself, all Canadian that experienced the lag.

I am in South West USA, and was experiencing it, but it definitely was frequent yet intermittent. I hope it has been resolved for good.

I'm more than a little surprised that there isn't a daily server downtime for maintenance to deal with these issues, particularly on the Xanadu server, with it's much heavier load and where the large majority of active players are located.

It's likely due to the DDOS's lately (not at wurm)

There has been a spike the past two and a half weeks, besides the ones attacking the game company's (Xbox, PSN, blizzard, Riot, Valve, ect) there has been attacks separate from those, too.

After the attacks on game company's a lot of areas in China have been sending out waves of attacks, most of it is focused at the US, but they've had em going everywhere.

While that's all normal, lately it's been more active then normal, and during the time I was lagging on wurm, a even bigger spike was going on. So I'd say it would be something to do with the increased attacks lately.