Sign in to follow this  
Xsamuraizx

Tortoise Target bug

Even though tortoise is aggressive, red outline, they don't seem to attack on their own.

The actual report I want to make is that players can target tortoises on deed, even if deed permissions did not allow it. Yes I tested with other animals on the same deed, said it's illegal.

Edited: No idea when it was changed, but now you can target any aggressive mobs on deed while on deed. The old way was to just get off deed and target the mob ondeed while you're offdeed. The other way is to just go up to it and have it target you then you can kill the aggressive mob on deed. Why is this a big deal? Take uniques on deed for example. You can't get them to target you if it's targetting a tank already. In order to attack it, you need to go offdeed to target it then go back on deed to join the fight. I guess this change was made for that.

Now questioning if tortoises were suppose to be aggressive? They don't seem to behave like hellhorses.

Edited by Xsamuraizx
  • Like 1

this is true. I had gone to attack a tortoise and then a pig that was right next to it to "heal up" with my LT sword when I received the "this is illegal...." message from a deed i didn't realized i was on.  sure enough all around me was deed.

Hmm, there's a recent change to the target. I got on my other alt to check a deed with aggressive mobs. You used to be not able to target aggressive mobs on deed if you're on deed. Which didn't matter anyways if you can get them to target you.

Since this was changed, I guess it's now consistent.

I guess change the bug report to tortoises not aggroing? They don't seem to behave like hellhorses.

the tortoises seem to behave like hell horses used to..that is the are aggro but won't aggro on you until you attack.  changes recently made hell horses attack after a small time passes..tortoises on the other hand won't attack at all until you attack them.  i'm not sure this is intended

the tortoises seem to behave like hell horses used to..that is the are aggro but won't aggro on you until you attack.  changes recently made hell horses attack after a small time passes..tortoises on the other hand won't attack at all until you attack them.  i'm not sure this is intended

Hell horses always did the random target things, or at least for most of their time ingame

Yup, the HH can even target you immediately when you get next to it in the pen. It's just random. It untarget if you get out of the pen immediately.