Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

untame option

I'm pretty sure it was suggested before, but I would really love to have an option to simply untame without the need of taming another animal first.

I just had it today, that I died on my shiptransporter and then needed to ride back with a horse since it's only passable with one, but due to deeds i tamed it first for security reasons...

but when trying to travel back and leading my horse behind me its constantly getting attacked without me riding it! That is very annoying and I can't do anything about it, since even first successfull tame attempt is already staying for days.

• Like 10

+1 Some animals need to be tamed to be led, and if you are bring that animal to some one you need to tame something else after. I would prefer not to tame things on my deed since I don't have a templar and trolls like to bash walls.... Had it happen twice already

+1 another one of them simple but useful ideas that has been brought up many times in the past

A mechanic like this already exists with Care For - if you are caring for an animal and use Care For on it you will stop caring for it.

Perhaps the same code could be applied to Tame?

+1

However, the problem arises when you have an aggressive pet tame, and untame it next to someone (intentionally or not).

On Freedom my guess is that could be seen as griefing, so there may need to be something in place that prevents that - like you can't use the untame option if your pet is aggressive and within 15 tiles of a friendly, for example.

+1

However, the problem arises when you have an aggressive pet tame, and untame it next to someone (intentionally or not).

On Freedom my guess is that could be seen as griefing, so there may need to be something in place that prevents that - like you can't use the untame option if your pet is aggressive and within 15 tiles of a friendly, for example.

You can do this just as easily by leaving the pet next to someone, and taming something else (your own horse, for example).

Untame is something that should have been added for ages, although for the situation described in the OP, basically branding the horse would have made it possible for you to safely travel across deeds (unless it was a hellhorse, in which case you'd need it tame to ride it without taking damage afaik) without needing to tame it.

Yes. and yes. It's stupid and inconvenient that you need to tame another creature, but what annoys me the most is that when friends bring a tamed animal to me, they can't simply hand it over to me. With my taming above 50, animals seem to stay tamed for weeks, so when somebody has an interesting new animal for me, they can't just give it to me to lead it away: they have to come to my deed, put it in a pen, and so on.

You can do this just as easily by leaving the pet next to someone, and taming something else (your own horse, for example).

Untame is something that should have been added for ages, although for the situation described in the OP, basically branding the horse would have made it possible for you to safely travel across deeds (unless it was a hellhorse, in which case you'd need it tame to ride it without taking damage afaik) without needing to tame it.

yup it solves the "get stuck on deed" problem, but I was more worried about sudden disconnect and didn't want my horse to stand around alone in the wilderness :)

Edited by Miretta

yup it solves the "get stuck on deed" problem, but I was more worried about sudden disconnect and didn't want my horse to stand around alone in the wilderness :)

Yes. and yes. It's stupid and inconvenient that you need to tame another creature, but what annoys me the most is that when friends bring a tamed animal to me, they can't simply hand it over to me. With my taming above 50, animals seem to stay tamed for weeks, so when somebody has an interesting new animal for me, they can't just give it to me to lead it away: they have to come to my deed, put it in a pen, and so on.

Actually, they can. If you have sufficient taming skill to handle a animal another person can give you his pet.

use the log off option so the pet will log off with you ;)

Read before you reply. She did that.

Anyhow, if you relog fast, there's no issue with that, your char will stay online for a while when you dc, usually enough time for you to get back.

Edited by KanePT

If your intention is for your pet to attack and kill that person, as far as I'm aware that's griefing and you're likely to be punished for it.

A similar event happened a while ago - which is why you now have to type /invitations before you can have a pet given to you :)

If your intention is for your pet to attack and kill that person, as far as I'm aware that's griefing and you're likely to be punished for it.

A similar event happened a while ago - which is why you now have to type /invitations before you can have a pet given to you :)

I'm not saying its griefing or not, i'm just explaining that Dame's argument is invalid, since you can already untame a aggro pet to leave it near someone that would get attacked. In fact it can happen by itself in a myriad ways.

I'm not saying its griefing or not, i'm just explaining that Dame's argument is invalid, since you can already untame a aggro pet to leave it near someone that would get attacked. In fact it can happen by itself in a myriad ways.

Agreed, it's possible, but I'm saying an untame option would make it far easier. It's a great idea, but to avoid complaints about griefing, accidental or not, there could be a tile limit in place. Like for stealth, but "Aged crocodile is too close to other creatures"

+1  This comes up every now and then, and it would be really nice to have the option

Agreed, it's possible, but I'm saying an untame option would make it far easier. It's a great idea, but to avoid complaints about griefing, accidental or not, there could be a tile limit in place. Like for stealth, but "Aged crocodile is too close to other creatures"

I don't see why. If its deemed griefing (which it may very well not be considered as), then people who do it get punished, simple as that. No need to complicate simple stuff just out of fear.

Edited by KanePT

I really don't like how the entire taming system currently works and think it should be completely redone. Number of animals tamed should not be limited and taming should not wear off over time as long as the animal is being properly fed. Instead, you should be able to "take command" of a tamed animal, taking command should pretty much work as taming does now; you can only command one at a time and taking command of another releases command of the last.

Untaming is stupid in concept, but unless they change the current taming system, it is a reasonable compromise.

Yes, this is needed and would be very helpful. Right click the tamed animal and select *release* or some such reference. WoW has the ability to quickly release tamed pets and it is clearly superior to Wurm in this particular respect!

=Ayes=