Shadz

Seed drills and ploughs

Plough and Seed drills  

34 members have voted

1. 1. So, what shall it be?

• Yes please
    • No thanks
    • Aint nobody got time fo' dat

So, as all of those with large farms know, regardless of your skills, grass, weeds etc are a huge pain in the rear, as is sowing.

Recently I've been working on a 1,000 tile farm and thought "I'm gonna hate sowing this damn thing" and came up with this idea to make farming on a mass scale a bit easier.

Plough:
Used to turn grass/weeds to dirt

You use a plough by dragging it along the tiles, they can be dragged by either a player, or a mount (horse, bison, cow, bull)
The only function of these ploughs, is to turn grass and weeds into dirt, nothing more, nothing less.

Seed Drill:

Used to plant seeds. 

These are only used to plant seeds, nothing else. The seed drill holds the seeds you wish to plant in the 'hopper'.

They only work on cultivated dirt.

So, what do you guys think?

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 2

satchel works like a seed drill no?

They make sowing easier yes, but still a very tedious task even with them

• Like 1

use 3 satchels?

i like the plough idea though.

I do normally, with a 94 farming priest using 94ql seeds lol, with thousands of tiles, it's tedious regardless of skills/method

i sow a 1.3k tile farm myself if you still have to keep clicking with the seed drill its still as pointless. not to mention its like 1-1,5h of sowing not to bad just reducing sowing timer will do

+1 to seed drills, make it a container, you keep the drill as active item and sow actions take seeds from it.

Right now satchels are a work around a poor mechanic but it can be greatly improved.

i sow a 1.3k tile farm myself if you still have to keep clicking with the seed drill its still as pointless. not to mention its like 1-1,5h of sowing not to bad just reducing sowing timer will do

The seed drill holds the seeds you wish to plant in the 'hopper'. 

Thought I stated the obvious, no clicking, just a slow 'vehicle' you drag over the tiles, or it becomes some form of item in your inventory and as you walk over tiles, it sows the seeds

Edited by Shadz

The seed drill holds the seeds you wish to plant in the 'hopper'. 

Thought I stated the obvious, no clicking, just a slow 'vehicle' you drag over the tiles, or it becomes some form of item in your inventory and as you walk over tiles, it sows the seeds

If its just an item i need to activate without having to keep activating it like the satchels, im all in for it.

Edited by puin

+1 for a great use of the plough, which is the focal early invention/tool for farming (unlike the rake that's currently used)

Not sure the second idea warrants a new tool or even vehicle (the latter sounds pretty industrial tbh), maybe just some sort of cloth sling/bag that drops/plants a seed each tile you move when equipped would be better.

Don't see anyone asking for a harvesting machine here maiya ;D

+1228447251649595727 to the OP

Don't see anyone asking for a harvesting machine here maiya ;D

+1228447251649595727 to the OP

don't you worry if we get plough and seed drill 

all of us farmer want a harvest machine too :)

Ps ) I voted yes too :)   (Ds

p18401nsil.jpg

Better this one:

Combine-harvester-pulled-by-a-thirty-thr

Or if we really gonna take the modern path i bring to you the Class Lexion 590r:

maxresdefault.jpg

I hate large scale farming but these changes would be very useful for us fo priests who cannot remove weeds....

+1

I'm not sure why anyone would be against this. It makes the game less tedious and, for those that care about the realism factor, more realistic.

I hate large scale farming but these changes would be very useful for us fo priests who cannot remove weeds....

Tending removes weeds, and digging removes grass.

This suggestion is just to make it less tedious :P

In tight spaces when one wants to remove only one patch (say in the middle of a flower garden) digging is counterproductive ;)

Don't really have an opinion on the seed drill, I only have smaller-sized farms and am not sure how it would work. The plough though, sounds like a very useful tool.

+1

With the update meaning you have to also tend your farms now (Well...for ages now) this removes some of the extra work.

Sowing is extremely tedious with the clicking and timers with no/little(not sure, maybe some at low skill) skillgain to be had.

Plough would be nice... dunno about a combine or harvester even if horse drawn. That kind of tech is easily Industrial Revolution just for the metallurgy alone.

Perhaps rather the Scythe skill plays more of a role in impacting stamina drain and timer length.

EDIT: And aye three or more seed-loaded satchels on toolbelt and you will be gunning down entire acres of fields (same thing if you want to throw acorns at someone :P )

Edited by Klaa