Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

FISH IN FOOD STORAGE BINS!

need smoking rack to use fish and salt.

Rokerij-zuiderzeemuseum3.jpg

SmokedTrout.jpg

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 2

Could always store the fish in some container with rice to keep the fish longer. The Japanese invented this technique years ago. ;)

Could always store the fish in some container with rice to keep the fish longer. The Japanese invented this technique years ago. ;)

Aye sucks up the moisture among other means. Sort of works too for getting moisture out of other things such as electronics; though, the usual joke on that gets a little racist...

Whats with people and trying to make a game like reallife? who cares if fish is normally stored with ice, just let us put into FSB's

Fish has been traditionally preserved via 1) DRYING or 2) Salting

Aye sucks up the moisture among other means. Sort of works too for getting moisture out of other things such as electronics; though, the usual joke on that gets a little racist...

As I found out first hand, they also simply hang fish from lines and let them air dry in many fishing towns and markets, no salt, rice, or any other additives required. Just flayed and gutted, and hung up on line/string.

Could always store the fish in some container with rice to keep the fish longer. The Japanese invented this technique years ago.  ;)

Storing freshly caught fish in a container full of rice will spoil your rice AND your fish. Drying is required first. 

Edited by Arronicus

+1 There is no reason why we should NOT be able to fit fish in them

I don't know how I didn't post on this already but next to saddle bags, I really really really want a fish smoker to preserve fish to then store in fsb.     a portable smoke rack that can be put next to campfire to cook the fish.  PWEEEZE!

As for smoking the fish first in order to put into food bins, nope, no way, no thanks. Cooked meat is not required to be smoked to put it into bins, so cooked fish should have the same ability.

Not the best idea to make more work to accomplish the same thing with other items, since this is all too likely to appeal to the Dev's that might put this into effect. Shooting oneself in the foot comes to mind.

=Ayes=

or make a smoker oven, to make smoked fish, which then stores in FSB? But yes, we need this.

+1

love the idea of a smoke oven. drying rack would be nice as well.

Edited by AcidinmyFridge

Although another topic, a fish smoker would be a nice addition, if it would not be a requirement for them being able to be stored in food bins. A more useful purpose connected to smoking them would be no decay when carried around in inventory.

Their nutrition level could be less than meals so as not to displace those but then they would still be useful for traveling with the no decay preventative. If going this route then a meat smoker should be made available as well, with the same benefits once smoked.

=Ayes=

Behold the buccan! (origin of the term buccaneer)

IMG_8853-1.jpg

Though may want to tone down the number of shafts needed. Stuff gets bad enough when 25+ parts are needed.

EDIT: Also at least two (or four) branches should be required. Poor things hardly get any love atm.

Edited by Klaa

Adding my +1 to this. If storing fish in a FSB is out of the question, making a new container for them would be fine in my opinion. Maybe something along the lines of a large barrel or a smoking rack as was suggested earlier.

• Like 1

-1 I fish quite a bit. You can get massive amounts of fish just sitting out for an hour. If you add in the special spots that give heavier fish, thats even more. I think the decay rate of fish balances the game nicely with the amount you can get.

If you're afraid of your seal dying, go fish for 10-30 minutes. Even at 40 fishing you should be able to get enough to sate it for a couple days.

I've heard this argument made and it's just silly.  I can get massive amounts of meat just hunting for an hour.  Meat than I can then store indefinitely.

Wurm has enough chores and hassles.  Hard to imagine how someone could be so spiteful he's in favor of keeping fishing the tedious and annoying task it is today.

It's also an unnecessary hardship on new players.  Who have to rely on fishing for any kind of nutrition as they would get torn apart by even a large rat in this game.

• Like 1