Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

FISH IN FOOD STORAGE BINS!

Since we now have aquatic creatures that solely eat fish, not being able to store fish long term at all is dumb. Let us put fish in a FSB.

That's all. Thanks.

• Like 126

+1  I don't care how it is done but we need something i have been fishing every day plus on Xanadu the hunting is not that great to start with in my area so we need it for meat anyway. 

• Like 5

or make a smoker oven, to make smoked fish, which then stores in FSB? But yes, we need this.

• Like 16

Smoking fish huts....cooking fish and storing them... this idea has been wanted by just about every player for a VERY long time now.

The ideas for storing fish have been many and asked for off and on but still no way to store them :(

+1 to this idea....as Lord Jberg says..."Let us store fish"

Another good idea was to make Fish drying Racks .....the fish in Wurm have great graphics but we only get to see them when there dropped on the ground....if your going to use the fish the last thing you want to do is drop them on the ground so lets put them on Drying Racks for all to see.....and that way after the fish have dryed we could store them in a FSB.

Great idea m8.....lets hope this time Rolf and the Devs add this to the game ;)

Edited by Garit
  • Like 6

Don't forget to like the OP that is the way they look for popular ideas to put up for review. :)

-1 I fish quite a bit. You can get massive amounts of fish just sitting out for an hour. If you add in the special spots that give heavier fish, thats even more. I think the decay rate of fish balances the game nicely with the amount you can get.

If you're afraid of your seal dying, go fish for 10-30 minutes. Even at 40 fishing you should be able to get enough to sate it for a couple days.

• Like 1

-1 I fish quite a bit. You can get massive amounts of fish just sitting out for an hour. If you add in the special spots that give heavier fish, thats even more. I think the decay rate of fish balances the game nicely with the amount you can get.

If you're afraid of your seal dying, go fish for 10-30 minutes. Even at 40 fishing you should be able to get enough to sate it for a couple days.

Well i would rather fish for longer and store the fish to feed for a week or even a month like we do with meat. It is the same effort so i don't see any reason to not allow it.

• Like 3

not for FSB, but maybe in a new container anyway without ice should be impossible to store fish (or maybe salt is good enough?)

Anyway excuse me if I say something false, but I'm not a fisher XD

Edited by GiuseppeP
  • Like 1

Whats with people and trying to make a game like reallife? who cares if fish is normally stored with ice, just let us put into FSB's

• Like 6

Well i would rather fish for longer and store the fish to feed for a week or even a month like we do with meat. It is the same effort so i don't see any reason to not allow it.

my point was that fish gives more meat than hunting, in most cases. Storing fish in back packs, in a raft, on the ground, seems to keep fish for 1-2 weeks depending on their ql

Edited by Nicrolis

my point was that fish gives more meat than hunting, in most cases. Storing fish in back packs, in a raft, on the ground, seems to keep fish for 1-2 weeks depending on their ql

Well why does it matter though is there a huge meat market? I know i have always had more then i could ever use so why does it matter any if i can easily store my fish too?  That is like saying you can't store pumpkins but you can store all the other crops there is no need for that restriction in my opinion.  

Anyway i am planning on trading the seals out for turtles once i can find them but still i see no reason to not allow fish to be kept just think on all the new fish that is going to be piled up now for the seals at least in a fsb it does not stack up more items for server load. 

• Like 1

+1

Yes, that would make fish and fishing far more useful.

The point here is more players want to store fish than don't.......if you don't like this idea then just don't store fish

I don't see what the problem is ?

Loads of players have been asking for this in the past 5 years that i have played.....so why not give it to them ?

If you like to fish and don't want to store them.....or don't see the point .....then JUST DON'T DO IT.

But let the other players (alot of them) store fish if they want.....which (if you ddin't get it) most players do.

I find it very strange that some players say stuff like "I don't like this idea so don't put it in the game" ....theres a few things in Wurm that i don't like but i know that lots of others do.....so i just don't craft or use them but i would never say "that should not be in the game" and stop other from using them.

If you love to fish Lord Nicrolis...then fish.....fish your heart out m8...realy...but to come up with reasons why this is a bad idea just cus you don't like the idea i just don't get.

• Like 1

Assorted comments looking for different means of cooking fish in order to make it bulk storable, or looking for realistic ways. It's a game. Hardly realistic that I have a magic box I can put meat in (but only once it's cooked), and it all becomes generic meat. Oh, and once a month pixies come and steal precisely 5% of it too.

Just let us store cooked fish (or fillets) and the problem is solved.

Yes any means of stowing fish,... be it needing smoking, buccaning, cooking, roasting, marinating, sizzling, spayed, neutered, shoveled, buried (they actually do this with rotting shark and fish in the Nordic), trampled, runned over, poisoned, or whatever.

Yes any means of stowing fish,... be it needing smoking, buccaning, cooking, roasting, marinating, sizzling, spayed, neutered, shoveled, buried (they actually do this with rotting shark and fish in the Nordic), trampled, runned over, poisoned, or whatever.

Lets also make this work for fish fillets and meat fillets, why can you store meat but if you cut it up it doesnt fit into a FSB anymore

+1   Also want to store fish, and agree they have nice graphics going to waste.

• Like 1

+1.. maybe just the smaller fish? <10kg (Cant fit 20 sharks i tell ya!)

• Like 1

Yes, good idea but they should not be raw fish, but cooked, since raw meat can't be put into FSBins either.

=Ayes=