Sign in to follow this  
joojoo1975

an archived idea, are they still viable and how do you feel now?

you know that would be amazing.  I've heard mention of these ideas resurfacing with the thought of sheep and wool  and seeing the fireplaces as accessories that may come along..imagine..a needed use for peat. make fireplaces only fueled by peat.  all the new garments with wool coming into play..and all the furs..would be very very fascinating.

in summer they overheat and need to drink more.  In winter need to seek shelter and warmth or become sluggish and immobilized by the cold.  maybe sickness from allergies in spring time needing some concoctions from priests or herbalists......i really could get lost in these thoughts

moreover..have winter time be a time very little crop growth takes place so you need proper planning.  this would also give a boost to farmers in the economy as demand for bought crop will be high in winter

Edited by SadisticSherpa

Real PvE with frostbite and exposure and starvation and real seasons and and and

Yes, sign me up.

The trouble is the folks who don't want that aspect, it is no fun for them at all... This has been debated ad nauseum. But I like the idea.

yea from what I been reading in that thread, it seems like a old but Hot debate.  but from the looks of it now?  seems like nobody is against it (now)

and imo:

This is the next logical step for wurm.

no/little crop growth in winter(could have fall with the graphics as an indicator to begin wrapping up the harvesting)

gives more uses for wook and furs asd well as other armors during summer time.

but who klnows what will happen.

thanks for the replies folks.

Not interested, I can use my imagination, I don't think adding more survival will add anything long term, will be fun at first, then a gimmick, then a chore.

Sure, add a "survival" server with this crap. Also disallow deeds, maybe add permadeath? Let's do all the things that make hardcore games unpopular at once!

• Like 1

Theres a fine line between "Interesting new gameplay" and "annoying new requirement".

Personally having the temperature play a more active role in gameplay would be awesome. Plus even for players that would find it annoying, much of the crafting infrastructure already exists to quickly cover any new needs.

Its not like we are starting a new map with just a few raw resources at our immediate disposal.

On the otherhand, the more severe temperature and weather restrictions can be saved for certain servers/maps just as in RL. For example, wintertime doesn't have to be eighty below zero (F) everywhere.

Edited by Klaa

That would add more PvE, thing that Wurm lacks a lot.

+1

Sure, add a "survival" server with this crap. Also disallow deeds, maybe add permadeath? Let's do all the things that make hardcore games unpopular at once!

can't fault ya there.  but then again Wurm is not for the faint or light hearted(this I had to learn painfully on more than one occasion)

but let me ask you this.

If Rolf rolled out a new server

and it had pvp and pve in it(the middle would be an island and have all the top tier resources and on that island only is it pvp while the rest all around that island was pve)

this server you would have to make a brand new char and there is no transfers/sailing to the place.

this server would be as big as Xand and have all the things we been talking about there.

would you roll a new char for it? 

I would.