Sign in to follow this  
sweatygopher

Three areas that need improvement

1. Fix the last wood type makes the whole item that wood type...  Right now there's no reason to have a tree farm beyond the fastest and most abundant wood types.  I'd like to be able to start a tree farm for various types of trees and make money from it!

2. Fix cooking.  Right now there's no reason to ever harvest lemons, cherries, sap, etc...  Just make everything useful as an ingredient with unique modifiers.

3. Allow us to see our animals stats.  Right now I don't know if my one horse is stronger than my other horse, because I cannot actually see how strong they are or what their fighting skill is.

• Like 1

1. Fix the last wood type makes the whole item that wood type...  Right now there's no reason to have a tree farm beyond the fastest and most abundant wood types.  I'd like to be able to start a tree farm for various types of trees and make money from it!

+1 Completely agree; the wood type of which the most KG has been used on the item should determine the item's final wood type.

3. Allow us to see our animals stats.  Right now I don't know if my one horse is stronger than my other horse, because I cannot actually see how strong they are or what their fighting skill

+1, maybe with a cooldown based on animal taming and/or animal husbandry

3. Allow us to see our animals stats.  Right now I don't know if my one horse is stronger than my other horse, because I cannot actually see how strong they are or what their fighting skill

+1, maybe with a cooldown based on animal taming and/or animal husbandry

Why on earth would that need a cooldown?

Do you mean traits for horses? Because you can already see those.

As for the wood thing, it would be more of a pain that anything else, especially if you needed that wood type to imp also.

Why on earth would that need a cooldown?

Edited by Dextrome

Fix #1 by having each piece added give small bonuses to the final stats of the finished project based on what material it is. Further, specific pieces should get extra boosts above and beyond the norm for being made of the specific, correct material (eg willow bows, cedar masts etc)

• Like 1

I was thinking for 1. if you mix wood type you get a "mixed wood" looking item.  Meaning it has various colors of wood in it.

as far as animal lore goes... it would show you the animals body strengths, etc... it's fight skill, and so on....

Right now beyond functional animals there's no reason to have a bear. 

if you could train that bear, however... and put it in a bear fight ring... and bet on it.... YES!! lol

Imagine how awesome it would be if you could also have tree farms for various types of wood have it be valuable because that type of wood is in style? 

As far as cooking goes...  I just want there to be a reason for me to pay attention to the seasons.  I want to be able to go harvest lemons and apples and such and have a use for them.

Edited by sweatygopher

Don't forget the positioning bug. (Yep, I pulled that out of the pile swept under the rug here)

+1 to the wood one. I don't know how I feel about "mixed" wood objects, but the decider of an objects type should be the wood that was most used in it's construction!

Well maybe cooking improvements, but the rest, nah.

There's nothing wrong with how wood works. Its a good way to control the LOOK and sometimes some properties of your wood items. Its a game, it doesn't really need to be that realistic. I for one don't really find it fun the thought of having to sum up the mass of all the tennons, planks and what not that for example a caravel needs so that i can figure out exactly how much of a certain wood type i'd need to create one. Furthermore good luck in getting any more cherry boats. I'd love to see you get one, knowing that at most a fruit tree will create a 5kg log.

+1 to the wood one. I don't know how I feel about "mixed" wood objects, but the decider of an objects type should be the wood that was most used in it's construction!

So by this logic you'd require around 1000kg of wooden materials from a specific type to create a boat. Which means pretty much that you'd need to either have a very large fruit tree farm, or no more cherry boats.

All of those ingredients you mentioned have a special use, making wine/lemonade, which is a very useful drink that replenishes not only thirst levels, but also stamina. But yeah, some more variability and utility in cooking would be nice.

Fighting skill is fixed, there's a couple modifiers to it from age and some traits, but those are also fixed. Plus you can already see traits by examining, and some stats with Get info.

I'd suggest you first learn to play the game, THEN make suggestions.

• Like 1

-shudders at the thought of ugly mixed wood boats- oh apple wood boat you shall be missed. Bad suggestions mostly a pain, wanna see traits get your animal husbandry up. Dude those items for cooking are used in drinks. Deliscious drinks

I still feel like with some tweaks on these ideas they are sound, especially the wood one.  I think some things in game SHOULD be rare.  That includes applewood furniture, etc. 

So by this logic you'd require around 1000kg of wooden materials from a specific type to create a boat. Which means pretty much that you'd need to either have a very large fruit tree farm, or no more cherry boats.

And what is wrong with that? That's exactly the point, to make a 1000kg cherry boat you should need 1000kg cherry wood, not 999kg of any wood, and 1 cherry peg.

Edited by Hula_Girl