Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Remove On-Deed Decay

Remove on-deed decay for items in containers.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Remove on-deed decay for items in containers.

As much as I would like to see the decay on-deed, I personally believe this could cause further issues.

The Epic cluster is renowned for lagging when raiding deeds etc and I believe this is down to the mass of players and items in a certain section which causes the issue.

If decay is removed alltogether, items which are no longer used or needed which players forget to trash will live forever... even in those dark corners you forget to look or don't know about!

Decaying is a natural way of Wurm cleaning itself... It should stay! Even on deed!

Regularly leave my exo deed untended for 30+ days and there is never a large amount of decay on anything.

That's because Exodus is a tiny unpopular server with a much smaller item count than Independence.

I think stuff like tools, weapons, and other stuff that you usually don't see turn to dust (or rust) after a while if stored properly in a container shouldn't decay or at least decay at 20% of the off-deed rate. It really makes a dent on predictability and genereal player happiness when they discover that the skiller pickax they payed for a few weeks ago decayed on its own inside their chest.

Now stuff like raw materials, food, and whatnot should still keep their normal decay, as well as stuff like troll clubs and other stuff that is deemed to have a more transient or perishable nature (healing covers for example).

As an alternative, give us more "specific" containers like wine barrels, weapon racks, armor stands and the such, and make it so that items that are placed inside these specific containers don't decay, or decay at a greatly reduced pace.

• Like 3

big +1  also epic portals and market stalls decay way too fast insite of deed

big +1  also epic portals and market stalls decay way too fast insite of deed

They do?

I deeded over a place that disbanded, several weeks after it did, and it still took like 3 months after i deeded over it for the market stall to decay away.

On deed item decay is there to allow things to get damaged to need imp or replacement to make a market for them, if they dont decay whats the point of making more tools? Pelts? No decay would slow the market even more, keep inventory guys and repair low skiller tools often

I am for slower decay on deed, I really am, that would be great but no decay would be horrible

On deed item decay is there to allow things to get damaged to need imp or replacement to make a market for them, if they dont decay whats the point of making more tools? Pelts? No decay would slow the market even more, keep inventory guys and repair low skiller tools often

Tools and pelts get the ql reduced because you use it and repair it, honestly you give probably the 2 worst examples to make a point about decay.

Being a bs, I some times make batches of lamps to sell, and usually for the time i finish imping the last ones the first ones already have take dmg, some times enough to need a re imp, also i can´t make batches and store for future sells because if i have it for more than a few days i have to reimp those again.

It is stupid to have a big deed and yet i have to make 10 alts to store stuff i´m making to sell in my merchant, just because I don´t live next to a market and can´t be constantly coming and going to drop 1 item each trip.

Edited by KunAlt

Tools and pelts get the ql reduced because you use it and repair it, honestly you give probably the 2 worst examples to make a point about decay.

Being a bs, I some times make batches of lamps to sell, and usually for the time i finish imping the last ones the first ones already have take dmg, some times enough to need a re imp, also i can´t make batches and store for future sells because if i have it for more than a few days i have to reimp those again.

It is stupid to have a big deed and yet i have to make 10 alts to store stuff i´m making to sell in my merchant, just because I don´t live next to a market and can´t be constantly coming and going to drop 1 item each trip.

Get yourself a magic chest if its that much of an issue for you, or do what other people do and get friends to transport goods. This is an MMO

FyI by keep inventory I ment a list of important items you need to keep repaired, as in low ql items that you need low like training tools with high coc

Edited by shadowblasta

Get yourself a magic chest if its that much of an issue for you, or do what other people do and get friends to transport goods. This is an MMO

FyI by keep inventory I ment a list of important items you need to keep repaired, as in low ql items that you need low like training tools with high coc

I never left my tools laying around (and I doubt anyone with more than 1/4 of a working brain do so), this is not a problem, the problem is with all other things you need to protect from decay even wen they are stored inside proper houses on deed.

But i guess some people enjoy janitor online more than wurm online.

I never left my tools laying around (and I doubt anyone with more than 1/4 of a working brain do so), this is not a problem, the problem is with all other things you need to protect from decay even wen they are stored inside proper houses on deed.

But i guess some people enjoy janitor online more than wurm online.

LOL i said im ok with reduce ql but in RL even if something is stored properly it still decays, things have shelf life and stuff still rusts, I am ok with Severely reduced decay im all for it. but not complete removal of it. i have seen deeds with a ton of upkeep but no active members in them, those deeds would be stuffed with items and it would not help the servers a single bit when it came down to data space

What about having the no decay thing be a premium service (paid extra) like templars or extended citizen limit.

This will compesate the lost income from people not buying magic chests and, at the same time, not risk a huge influx of items since not anyone will pick the option.

I agree about this, I am paying for a deed, I don't want my stuff decaying, and I can't understand why things in FSBs and BSBs disappear on deed either. It's a waste of my time and money.

• Like 1

+1

I'm also with everyone else who wants to go a little farther and completely remove decay of items on-deed while upkeep is greater than 30 days.

• Like 1

I agree about this, I am paying for a deed, I don't want my stuff decaying, and I can't understand why things in FSBs and BSBs disappear on deed either. It's a waste of my time and money.

All you have to do is imp the FSB and BSB, they have a damaged texture at around 50 damage, repair and reimp its not that hard, there is already another money sink to keep stuff from decaying its called a magic chest, there is a small and a large

As an alternative, give us more "specific" containers like wine barrels, weapon racks, armor stands and the such, and make it so that items that are placed inside these specific containers don't decay, or decay at a greatly reduced pace.

This is an idea that might be tolerable to the Dev's, since it is only a partial reduction of the decay process. Small compromises like this are usually what are put into effect. Myself, I don't really care for minor givebacks that just are implemented to quiet the dissent. The costs for deed placements and upkeep are enough in themselves to justify no decay of any items within the deeded tiles, stored or otherwise.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

All you have to do is imp the FSB and BSB, they have a damaged texture at around 50 damage, repair and reimp its not that hard, there is already another money sink to keep stuff from decaying its called a magic chest, there is a small and a large

A bsb/fsb will take a toll each month from the stuff you have stored on it regardless of the ql of the fsb/bsb, so i don´t know how imping it or having a visual for the dmg helps in any way, maybe the bsb/fsb on your deed works different?

More likely a reading comprehension failure.

I don't think the tiny tiny amount of loss on fsb/bsb is much to complain about. It is there to replace normal decay. In order to encourage you to remove items from the active database, and allow them to be replaced by a simpler entry that is not processed near as often, you get to keep max quality but instead lose some quantity. And it isn't even very significant loss. I was gone 2 years...TWO YEARS... and I still have a  (a bit smaller) cache of 70ql-90ql material.

Imho stuff that can be bsb'ed is the exact stuff that needs to decay and most stuff that can't be bsb'ed is what needs its decay reduced on deed.

Yeah I have not problem at all with bsb/fsb abble products to decay, in fact make it decay more if they need to reduce load on servers, same for items laying around outside houses, deed or no deed, my concern is with stuff you store on proper houses on deeds, usually stuff you can´t put on magic chests unless you are super rich and can afford buying 10 mc for lamps storage.

The "they won't sell magic chests" argument is just silly. Magic chests are retardedly expensive and the chests themselves take decay damage AND CAN'T BE REIMPED. So basically its 50s with a expiration date.

I do have one, and you know what i keep in it? Rare lumps, troll clubs, fish fillets, maple syrup and the odd seryl and such items. All of which would stil merit the chest under this suggestion (except for the seryl stuff), since its not really supposed to prevent decay on perishables. Out of everyone i met that had a chest most used it like i do, to keep filelts for HFC grinds, maple, and other perishable stuff, or highly enchanted stuff they didn't want to lose.

Also for the comment on keeping tools always on inventory? I don't. I'd be carrying around 10-15kg extra weight on myself if i did. I keep them on a chest at home each set of tools for a craft inside a backpack (except a few that don't fit). Sure it takes some decay damage, but as i switch crafts often enough to repair that, its no big loss. Plus i can reimp most of them anyhow.

My issue is different altogether. Decay ticks are kinda random and sometimes rampant, its not the first time a item simply poofs overnight or after a couple days although its inside containers on deed. Sure decay is kind of a feature, and you could call it a balance factor for the economy and whatnot. But it doesn't benefit the game for it to become a source of frustration and ragequits, because Player A bought a 100 coc pickaxe a couple days ago, going broke from it, and then 2 days after the pickaxe is gone from the chest he left it when he went on a voyage and didn't want to risk dropping his prized pickaxe on death. (I saw this happen to a neighbour a few years back, he was competing with my brother on minning levels, and bought the pickaxe with a few silver he had earned selling bricks, the following day he had a order to deliver on chaos, he left his valuables back home just in case, and set out on the trip, when he came back the pickaxe was gone, i saw him online only once after that).

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 2

But it doesn't benefit the game for it to become a source of frustration and ragequits, because Player A bought a 100 coc pickaxe a couple days ago, going broke from it, and then 2 days after the pickaxe is gone from the chest he left it when he went on a voyage and didn't want to risk dropping his prized pickaxe on death.