Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Remove On-Deed Decay

Remove on-deed decay for items in containers.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Remove on-deed decay for items in containers.

Simple as that. Remove on-deed decay for items in containers as long as upkeep is >30 days.

I realize it might make magic chests useless, but really, I don't see the point in having decay on-deed to begin with. <_<

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 10

I lost a 100 coc pickaxe because it decayed in a matter of days. Didn't realize that the decay ticks had become so harsh on low-ql items. :|

• Like 1

Drastically slowed down sure, not sure about complete removal.

• Like 4

Durable itens should have a longer anti-decay bonus, imao.

Voted 'Yes' but wanted to make a caveat. Like Selva I say durable items shouldn't decay or, like Klaa suggests, be drastically lowered. Stuff that perishes fast (food as an example) or raw materials that could be bsb'ed (dirt, logs, shards, scrap) should be excluded. Rare items regardless of type shouldn't decay on deed either.

• Like 6

I prefer the blanket approach of nothing decaying on deeds at all, when placed/dropped there by the mayor or its citizens, with the deed upkeep at over 30 days. The only real problem I could see arising from this would be as Othob mentioned, bulk items left out that might fill up the database creating lag issues, so this might have to be exempted from the no-decay process.

The main point here as I see it is that these no-decay extended features should be benefits given to those who pay for deeds and their upkeep. Another added benefit that makes deeds more desirable, encouraging their placement, upkeep and in turn the games profits derived from this integral feature of the game.

Also, I would remove any bin items loss over time upon deeds as well. Seems pointless to me to reduce the quantities of items stored within bins over time by any percentage anyway, since these items are stored in a manner off the actively displayed items within the game. Why create a situation where players must replenish what they have already harvested due to this loss? This should at least be exempted within deed storage for an additional perk.

=Ayes=

• Like 8

+1  No decay on deeds regardless, since if you cut a few hundred logs or mine high ql shards or ores, and do not have time to put them into a bsb that day, you really would like the option of coming back a few days later and not find your high ql stuff (or enchanted skiller tools) reduced to firewood. This should also include rafts in carts, and the content of rafts, inside a deed.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

+1

As others have said, remove the on-deed BSB "decay" too.

+1/2 Make the containers decay extremely slow on deed but not the bulk items. Tools and such, very slowly. Rare bulk should last a couple of days before it starts at least. It is superior quality after all.

-1; buy magic chests if you want no decay

I would if they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

For the price of one small magical chest I can get two years of upkeep for my deed.

Large magical chest costs the same as over four years worth of upkeep for me...

+1 from me, or maybe just make magical chests cheaper.

Edited by Steeloxide

+1

And I still see random huge decays tick on buildings.

Regularly leave my exo deed untended for 30+ days and there is never a large amount of decay on anything.

were talking 20-30ql for the stuff that is decayed a little.  The higher ql bsb's ect can show no decay for months at a time.

decay needs to be looked at, not patching deed mechanics to fix an unrelated problem, well thats my opinion anyway  :P

• Like 2

-1 No decay on deed? Then the spirit templars have to clean away the rubbish!

I understand the concerns, but the decay mechanic just needs to be looked at. Nothing except food sources and highly perishable items should decay in less than three ticks - and preferably many more. I am looking at you, disappearing barrel, and you, skiller tool that popped while being unused. And why/how do metal items like gold actually decay...?

I would like to see containers give overall more protection, unless highly damaged themselves.

Any cheap workaround "magic" done to deeds is going to make this issue more "wogic": one tile is perfectly safe, while one tile further away from the token is decay zone... :rolleyes:

Edited by Marshlander
  • Like 2

The current decay on deed damage my steel lumps in the forge, not good.

But some trash i drop on ground on deed i do want decay away, low ql logs, clay and iron ore.

Im lucky my friend have a magic chest with a fountain pan. I stored alot of stuff in there.

+1

Between paying for multiple  deed upkeeps  and paying for multiple toon premiums this game is more expensive then a monthly sub game of 15 a month.

Throw us die hard  Wurm fans a bone for a change Rolf, and make this happen.

• Like 4

-1; buy magic chests if you want no decay

We already buy a deed.  That is magic chest enough for me.

+1

Like all things on deeds, make decay an option. Then one can turn it on if they like decay.