Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

Remove Fatigue

It's that time of the year again, my annual post about how silly the fatigue system is and how it needs to be removed.

Just make it ping a GM when it runs out so they know to macrocheck, then let us keep on keeping on. It's stupid to punish people who have a lot of playtime (can play at work) or share toons.

• Like 7

Completely agree, during my university holidays I get to play lots and hit fatigue :(

Its the game's way of telling you to... TAKE A BREAK!!!!

• Like 13

+1 get rid of it. 8 hours a day is not what I pay premium for, I pay for as much as I am able to play for 30 days thank you.

• Like 3

+1 Completely agree with this and what Calypsoi said.

If fatigue is part of an "anti-macro" system then a new system needs to be made and put into place. Perhaps one that actually works....

• Like 1

Having hit the /fatigue cap quite a few times during my grind, it intend need to be removed or tweaked.

Waiting on a server restart to resume your play style ain't cool.

+1

Odynn server restart does not reset fatigue.

I had my summerbreak and i hit fatigue limit everyday.

There are "few" actions in wurm that dont drain fatigue, but this thread is not about those, so wont mention them in risk of a worse change lol.

Klaa i didnt play so much really, i was out shopping walking eating out etc irl, and sleeping 10 lazy hours

I think a major factor was i build a highway on xanadu.

97+ Digging with 80ql shovel woa, the actions que up very fast 4sec, so i drain my fatigue super fast.

I actually think the fatigue system is potentially good. Games like Wurm can be very addicting, I think it's a good thing that the devs added something into the game to help limit the possible addiction issues. I don't know of many MMOs where the devs even seem to care about it, some of those games are even designed (or appear to be) in such a way to be extra addicting. Whether the fatigue system is actually effective is of course another story. If it isn't then removing it or changing it makes sense. Measuring it's effectiveness is of course an entire challenge on it's own.

i hit fatigue only once. And when i had more time to play i was playing 12 - 16 hours a day full of digging and didnt hit the fatigue. 

I actually think the fatigue system is potentially good. Games like Wurm can be very addicting, I think it's a good thing that the devs added something into the game to help limit the possible addiction issues. I don't know of many MMOs where the devs even seem to care about it, some of those games are even designed (or appear to be) in such a way to be extra addicting. Whether the fatigue system is actually effective is of course another story. If it isn't then removing it or changing it makes sense. Measuring it's effectiveness is of course an entire challenge on it's own.

Fatigue isn't there to stop "addiction" it's to (LOL) stop bots.

I'm honestly tired of this fatigue crap. In a weekend it's so easy to hit, not because in addicted - but because how I play. I don't play for a few days, and then I beserk the game... Until I hit fatigue and it's GG. Remove it.

Remove it.

Destroy it.

• Like 2

+1 get rid of it. 8 hours a day is not what I pay premium for, I pay for as much as I am able to play for 30 days thank you.

8 Hours of action timers, which is quite a lot more than 8 hours a day.

If you are hardcore grinding, its at least 10, if you play wurm like most people do its easily 14-16.

Also infinite sleep bonus would be fun, but is probably not a good idea.

It's a good thing infinite sleep bonus already exist then. ;P

some players maybe have more action per minute than others, some are just standing afk or chatting

some players maybe have other play patterns, like hunting for example do not drain fatigue

some players only have 1 main charachter to do everything on, others have many account they switch to mine, farm, craft, enchant

i only hit 0 fatigue if i got 1+ week vacation and i play as long im having fun.

Edited by Tissotx

Fatigue isn't there to stop "addiction" it's to (LOL) stop bots.

I've never run out of fatigue, not even back on JKH when mining had a lot longer timers and I stayed up for days grinding it.

+/-0 It's never aided nor impeeded my gameplay and I'm sure there's some thought behind the system somewhere. Like everything in Wurm I bet there are bugs in it though.

• Like 4

So I assume you have a quote from a dev which says that it's there to stop bots? Since so far I've seen nothing to back up those statements. I certainly can't back up the addiction part either, but it does stop you from playing so that should make it effective in that area. Considering how many hours you have fatigue wise it seems like a very poor way to stop botting.

I'm not finding the quote, but was said by Rolf himself, and around Nov-Dec last year.

Edit; I think horidem (spellcheck) also said it once, but I'm not totally sure on that one.

An no, doesn't make it at all effective in that area (nor in bots but I'm not explaining that again) because I just go to one of my other hundred alts. All it does is stop me from grinding the skill I want to. It effectively fails at it's duty to prevent botting, and if in the back of there minds "addiction" it fails even more.

Edited by Druidnature

Yep, there's a reason I'm getting in contact with my Epic friends, because hitting fatigue literally every day doesnt stop you playing over there, as Epic and Freedom have separate fatigue timers.

Fatigue was in for both botters and overly addictive gameplay. I was playing when it was added, and even recall some old threads along these lines. They dont come up very often though.

Granted fatigue doesn't impact all activities, primarily the resource trifecta: woodcutting, mining, and digging.

agree. a macro CHECKING system needs to be implemented instead of limiting play time . . roughly (a macro clicks in exact time frames)

agree. a macro CHECKING system needs to be implemented instead of limiting play time . . roughly (a macro clicks in exact time frames)

Macro checking systems are in place, this is only one of them. (ps macros don't have to click in exact time frames.)

• Like 1