Sign in to follow this  
madtanker555

forging coins

the title says it all really, add the ability to forge coins

a new skill would need to be added but this would have to be the hardest skill of all to stop the cost of things like premium going up as people would end up flooding the wurm economy with fake money

they could also added the chance that you can get caught using these fake coins and given 'hunted' status

the uses of the coins would need to be limited, for example you cant pay for premium with them

to create the coins you would need the corresponding ore, and a special kind of stamp which corresponds to the type of coin e.g. iron coins would have a different stamp to copper due to differences in the two coins like the size

if you have any other ideas which could expand on this then please feel free to add them in the comments

• Like 1

<sarcasm> +1 if you get a free perma-ban when you are caught... else not enough risk involved  </sarcasm>

• Like 3

What would be the point of this, other than to hyperinflate the already horrible economy?

What would be the point of this, other than to hyperinflate the already horrible economy?

the point is, it would be the hardest skill to do, with a high risk chance but a decent reward

it would also make it far more realistic as throughout history people have forged coins

the point is, it would be the hardest skill to do, with a high risk chance but a decent reward

it would also make it far more realistic as throughout history people have forged coins

"hardest skill to do" wouldn't mean anything. You'd have people pumping out gold coins within a week.

"hardest skill to do" wouldn't mean anything. You'd have people pumping out gold coins within a week.

that though, depends how hard you make it.....they could make it so at 90ql you have a 50% chance of being caught

Only the King can mint coins, and he is doing it right now.

+1

"Forging" coins is a poor choice of words, use the real word for it; "counterfeiting".

When I started playing Wurm, I thought player made money was possible, but very hard as you needed 99ql metal to do it. I thought it seemed like an interesting feature, although presented an obvious problem of only the rich could really afford to do it.

Since then, I learned it was not possible, and no longer think it would be an interesting feature. It's a nooby wish. To make that perfectly clear, I am calling the topic starter and anyone who agrees counterfeiting should be possible a noob.

Edited by Nmenth
  • Like 2

Have to agree with Nmenth.

I also underwent the "maybe we can make money too" stage. That went away real quick, but didn't stop me from spending a couple iron coins on a gold lump that someone had sold to a trader in GV.

such stupid suggestion has only one use - griefing

OP should be perma banned for it with all other acounts (forum and ingame) using the same IP in last week

• Like 1

such stupid suggestion has only one use - griefing

OP should be perma banned for it with all other acounts (forum and ingame) using the same IP in last week

-1 a gold mine will instantly make a person rich and ive seen many around by simply walking through caves i see. A slightly better idea may be to be able to forage coins from grass tiles with skill <20. Obviously 1 - 5 iron coins to make it non op but even that wont do much since foraged items can be sold to settlement token

+1 I wanna riches

You may end up having large chest filled with gold coins but they will have no value since they are easy to make, forcing you to trade items as you just use coins to fuel up your premium time and how long a town will last

You may end up having large chest filled with gold coins but they will have no value since they are easy to make, forcing you to trade items as you just use coins to fuel up your premium time and how long a town will last

That's the joke.

As long as they are purely cosmetic (so I can for example have piles of coins in my house) and cannot possibly be mistaken for real coins (the item name of these coins should make it utterly obvious that it's just a cosmetic item) then I guess it could be interesting. But even then it's probably still not worth the risk of somebody being griefed with these fake coins. So -1