Sign in to follow this  
Gaustyrr

New PvP server

i don't know why each 4 days someone posts about a new pvp server, it will just be the exact same groups fighting, you talk like doing this will suddenly cure all the problems, if you don't want to be in a kingdom but pvp then this isn't the game for you, wurm is about living and figthing with groups of people

i don't know why each 4 days someone posts about a new pvp server, it will just be the exact same groups fighting, you talk like doing this will suddenly cure all the problems, if you don't want to be in a kingdom but pvp then this isn't the game for you, wurm is about living and figthing with groups of people

Because Kingdom wars suck and is easy to fix. Just create a new server with no kingdoms and pvp.

Yes BP I was there for that mess. I, along with 5 others were the only ones on Wild for days on end.

I am NOT talking about Alliance wars. I am talking about full pvp with NO alliances or kingdoms. People can form alliances if they wish but NO kingdoms.

Some like the Kingdom wars and being part of a Kingdom.

Some don't like PvP.

Some don't want to be in a Kingdom (anymore) but want to live on a pvp server.

AOE spells are a problem but with 1v1 pvp you dont use spells anyway. This server would not see 50v50 battles anyway. 1v1 mostly if at all.

We could even get rid of catapulting all-together for all I care.

This isn't about group warfare and conquering lands. It's about living on a Freedom style PvE server where if someone pisses me off, or is cutting down all my young trees, I can remove them from my lands.

I don't understand your hard on against kingdoms.   If it was a logical argument against kingdom titles, or the control of land I could track with it, but the logic that some don't want to be in a kingdom dosen't track.   That isn't a reason to make a server where all are forced not to be in a kingdom.    Also, your logic that you need a huge server with only pvp to control the population dosen't track either.   I may like the fact that I can chop off the heads of trespassers in my grape fields, but that is not the only reason I want to PvP.  Much of it has to do with the danger of just playing on a server with full loot pvp, where I need to be careful at how I go about my day and understand that I could die at any moment.  This add more spice to engugements.  

The problem with a vision such as yours, is that not eveyone can self-regulate like Mol-Rehan on Chaos, you will often have large groups of players in disagreement about lands, resources, etc.  In those situation you need the ability to PvP on a large scale, making use of things like Light of Fo, etc.   Kingdoms that allow you to keep control of land, and keep players from just coming up and ploping down deeds over valuable resources or land, or whatnot, or over your grape field are essential on a pvp server.   

Each part of your argument is logically invalid. Worse you ignore all the problems you already know are associated with PvP and make the dangerous assumption that everything will remain on a small scale.   How will that be the case if there are huge land rushes?   The same land rush you envision as being some awesome event we would all remember.    It looks to me to be a disaster waiting to happen, without the ability to organize beyond the micro scale into ways to hold land and resources rather than just a constant brawl with broken, half-pvp.    

+1, i was thinking to comeback when i saw xanadu, but then i readed : "Linking with freedom". This server could be new, fresh, so every1 has equal chances.

BP, your mentality is based on land control and kingdom protection and conquering.

I don't give a nut about controlling land. I have my deed and what I pay for. If I have resources off deed, then I fully know that they are fair game as per Freedom rules.

I don't care at all about controlling large land masses and prefer a loner mentality.

Chaos is a server where controlling land is a must. So what is going to happen when MR controls ALL the land?

Without kingdoms it is everyone for themselves, protecting what they own.

Without kingdoms people are free to pvp against anyone they choose without some stupid hunted flag.

Without kingdoms, there is no end game.

Without kingdoms there is freedom. Freedom to relocate to where ever you wish, freedom to choose your friends and freedom from the silly politics plaguing large kingdoms.

Without kingdoms there is no land controlling or kingdom guard towers. Everyone can travel where they wish, when they wish (with the constant fear of meeting a PKer)

Without kingdoms there is no KvK bs - each crying that the other side cheats or Rolf favors one kingdom over the other.

This is a different style of play. Instead of being stuck in a kingdom with some people you don't like we would have the freedom to form alliances and make friends. If you don't like the alliance members, break the alliance and you don't have to worry about getting guard whacked by every tower. 

The AOE spells can simply be modified to apply to alliance and villagers.

BP, just because you can't think past kingdom warfare don't tell me my thought process is flawed.

Also, this isn't about balance and a fresh new land-rush where everyone starts at 0. Just open the server and tell us how to get there and we will do the rest.

Thinking about the size and resources, just open up a small map and see how it goes. If it fills open a bigger one.

The only problems I foresee are the lock pickers and AOE spells.

Again AOE can be solved by modifying it to villagers and/or alliance members.

Lock picking can be solved by restricting it to only being allowed if the token has been drained.

BP, your mentality is based on land control and kingdom protection and conquering.

I don't give a nut about controlling land. I have my deed and what I pay for. If I have resources off deed, then I fully know that they are fair game as per Freedom rules.

I don't care at all about controlling large land masses and prefer a loner mentality.

Chaos is a server where controlling land is a must. So what is going to happen when MR controls ALL the land?

Without kingdoms it is everyone for themselves, protecting what they own.

Without kingdoms people are free to pvp against anyone they choose without some stupid hunted flag.

Without kingdoms, there is no end game.

Without kingdoms there is freedom. Freedom to relocate to where ever you wish, freedom to choose your friends and freedom from the silly politics plaguing large kingdoms.

Without kingdoms there is no land controlling or kingdom guard towers. Everyone can travel where they wish, when they wish (with the constant fear of meeting a PKer)

Without kingdoms there is no KvK bs - each crying that the other side cheats or Rolf favors one kingdom over the other.

This is a different style of play. Instead of being stuck in a kingdom with some people you don't like we would have the freedom to form alliances and make friends. If you don't like the alliance members, break the alliance and you don't have to worry about getting guard whacked by every tower. 

The AOE spells can simply be modified to apply to alliance and villagers.

BP, just because you can't think past kingdom warfare don't tell me my thought process is flawed.

Also, this isn't about balance and a fresh new land-rush where everyone starts at 0. Just open the server and tell us how to get there and we will do the rest.

Thinking about the size and resources, just open up a small map and see how it goes. If it fills open a bigger one.

The only problems I foresee are the lock pickers and AOE spells.

Again AOE can be solved by modifying it to villagers and/or alliance members.

Lock picking can be solved by restricting it to only being allowed if the token has been drained.

this will never be placed in but was wondering how would you get to the token if you take out catapults and restrict lockpicking to only when the token has been drained??????????

Thinking more about it, catapulting can stay. As opposed to lock picking, catapulting takes time, resources and planning.

The part about removing catapults was to show that raiding deeds is not a priority and this isn't about land conquering. But, having the ability to drive out a village of idiots would be pretty nice :)

Just a FFA pvp/loot server with lock picking restrictions.

I just really don't understand the objections. If this doesn't appeal to you then don't come, there is interest and some will enjoy it. I do know that I have had 3 friends try Chaos and they didn't like the kingdom wars and would have preferred a ffa style system. So what is wrong with bringing a few new prem players?

We have a server with 0 pvp and 0 risk

We have a pvp server with an end game and objectives to force pvp

We have a kingdom based pvp server, designed around land conquering and kingdom warfare

Now we just need a free-for-all pvp server

Edited by Gaustyrr

Big +1 to you Gaustyrr. Im completely on your side on this one.

No need for more servers.

Instead Close down some of the servers. There is no need to spread out the already low population on even more servers!

• Like 1

Now we just need a free-for-all pvp server

Join the horde and you can make pvp with all!

We need not more servers - we need more player on pvp-server and less bugs ;)

Join the horde and you can make pvp with all!

We need not more servers - we need more player on pvp-server and less bugs ;)

Join the horde... is that a kingdom?

That's a superb idea. Make a post to make a server with no kingdoms and you post to join a different kingdom.

I am MR and will never join a different kingdom... Unless its to spy... can I join your kingdom?

Join the horde... is that a kingdom?

That's a superb idea. Make a post to make a server with no kingdoms and you post to join a different kingdom.

I am MR and will never join a different kingdom... Unless its to spy... can I join your kingdom?

Edited by khatanka

Ok, you are MR and need a server without kingdoms :P

All  player his own server - then you can make PvP with himself. Good luck ...

Kingdoms grow with land control by placing guard towers. Without kingdoms, there is only alliances with no alliance specific guard towers, hence no mass land control.

Please dont make more server to spread the wurm community any thinner.

What is the point of having a MMO server with only 1 player on them, that is a single player game then innit?

+1 to Gaustyrrs idea if wurm make map reset to current pvp servers, so there is only 1 fresh new pvp server, with connecting pve servers on all borders.

Merge Epic and freedom cluster.

Recalculate the epic players skill with the math curve into equivalence of freedom skill

Keep the epic curve skillgain in the new.

Or we could just do notthing and let epic cluster bleed out and be closed down, since its not economically viable

im expecting a massive flame response from the 5 players and their alts from below:

Affliction players

8/400

Celebration players

10/400
  • Like 1

We need ONE pvp server not two. We simply dont have the population for it.

• Like 2

Affliction players 8/400 Celebration players 10/400

Nice to see affliction with a good amount of players in the off hours.

• Like 1

talkin bout pvp,

no need for existing servers, unless your gonna have it closed to everything else and only allow new chars

but if you do that, you will only be taking from the already decimated pvp servers that we have currently

lets face it. PVP is never gonna be the bread winner. it's been like that in so many games in the past and present.

for my 0.02$ I think they should only have 2 servers for pvp. a kingdom home server and a free for all have the two servers right next to each other separated by a big ole sea.

wurmmap_zps55f3f246.png

now you have 4 kingdoms on one side and the ffa on the other with a sea intersecting them.  and the Red line is where the two servers meet.

Edited by joojoo1975