Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Staff Interviews: Johan "Red Baron" Svensson

Hello everyone!

While the all the in-house developers may have been covered previously, there still remained mr "Weekly Updates" RedBaron_Johan to be talked to. =)
It's a long read this time around, but well worth it!

banner_johan_800.jpg

Click here to read!

Happy Wurming!

/Lars

• Like 6

Good interview and nice read :) (and not long at all)

Yeah, Redbaron gets squeezed between allot of positive and negative reactions from the community, but we (I think I can say "we" :P) love the weekly updates allot, we dont allways get what we hoped to get, but its always a nice suprise to see what new stuff the team is working on and what will be ingame soon.

I like that interview :D and I agree, adding a little personality to those updates is a good thing to do :) and only dirty minded can read "wrong" stuff into some things :P 

and in overall your interview gives a little bit of hope I think for those who want to start in similar business :) that everyone who got somewhere has their own doubts about own skills :) no one is perfect and we are all learning every day ^^

Nice work! Of course, RedBaron is a smooth storyteller himself and probably didn't need much coaxing into it. My respects for fitting all of the work and fatherhood together now. :)

I just find the ending a bit sad where he is eaten by a bear and all that...

And I couldn't help but notice that the caption for the bridge image was censored. I hope RedBaron won't get into trouble by spilling some news about bridges before they're ready... :P

• Like 1

Great work, Bucket. I was wondering when an interview with Red Baron would show up!

On that note, you know a game is challenging when the lead developer looks at you and your beachouse plans skeptically and says "Good luck" :)

Still, I am really looking forward to Wurm World News. Sounds like a great idea!

PS: How is your internship going?

• Like 1

Nice work! Of course, RedBaron is a smooth storyteller himself and probably didn't need much coaxing into it. My respects for fitting all of the work and fatherhood together now. :)

Haha, he is a smooth talker no doubt. I barely had time to say hi before we were off!

Great work, Bucket. I was wondering when an interview with Red Baron would show up!

On that note, you know a game is challenging when the lead developer looks at you and your beachouse plans skeptically and says "Good luck" :)

Still, I am really looking forward to Wurm World News. Sounds like a great idea!

PS: How is your internship going?

I'm looking forward to the WWN as well, can't wait to see where it goes!

Hey, thanks for asking! My internship ended two weeks ago, but I finished the interview on my spare time. I'm hoping to remain involved with the game in some way, love the guys at code club as well as the community. We'll see how it pans out! :)

As a side note, I found the section about his time at Funcom to be really interesting. To me it really highlighted the difference between working at Code Club as opposed to a lot of other game companies.

"I' want to build a beach house, guys! Which server should I pick here?... there's, like, 10 to choose from."

"Go Chaos... less people there to bother you."

20 minutes after connecting to Chaos, Redbaron's face to everyone in the office:

jZSF4Td.png

I know for sure Wurm is a better place with him here the weekly updates are the best and i look forward to seeing them.  I sure did miss them when he was gone and am glad to see him back at work. :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

"I' want to build a beach house, guys! Which server should I pick here?... there's, like, 10 to choose from."

"Go Chaos... less people there to bother you."

20 minutes after connecting to Chaos, Redbaron's face to everyone in the office:

Edited by demondan
  • Like 2

So how about an interview about you Bucket we know you least.

"The very first time I played Wurm I’d talked to Rolf just prior. I had all these grand plans of making a beach house and he just looked at me very skeptically and wished me good luck."

That killed me, I couldn't stop laughing when I read that.... another great interview. Hopefully they keep you(even tho your internship is over), Bucket!