Sign in to follow this  
Flintstar

Icebox?

Im not sure if this has been talked about yet but something where u can store fish to keep them safe would be nice. Like in winter u can chip ice out of the water to put into the icebox and have a skill with it so that the higher your skill the higher the ql of the ice determines how long it will last? Make more items with milk that you could also add to the icebox I'm sure im not the only one that gets tired of turning my milk into cheese all the time. They could add butter, cream, cottage cheese etc.

For slowing decay of prepared food items sure.

Course ice would need to be added, not to mention making the weather affect gameplay more. Possibly temperature stats too.

Overall I see it as a major change to gameplay: winter, furs, etc.

An insulated chest of wood and furs with ice from a priest spell would be neat. Is it Vynora that casts the Ice pillar? It could act like a fire or oven in that the chew would need to be "Fueled" by the ice. "The ice chest is frigid and will remain so for a while." "The ice chest is beginning to thaw and will no longer keep meat chilled" etc.

We do play in a fantasy world where people call down pillars of fire and ice to slay dragons and goblins so it can't be too far fetched to give priests another use while not having to program harvestable ice into the game environment...

Anywho +1

+1 i liked the idea of using salt to preserve meat (does it already) but this is much cheaper and still practical considering the ice can only be harvested in one season