Sign in to follow this  
New_Unsleep

SoTG Changes

SoTG Changes  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Should SoTG be nerfed to some degree

• Yes
    • No

Either way i know this is going to start a few arguments, but the suggestion is to change SoTG.

Personally i want to see it removed, (even though ive been looking for a sotg account for a while), but i know that wont happen so ill compromise with is getting a bit nerfed, now the exact measurement of the nerf? Who knows, but i dont think it should get rid of 50% of the damage, maybe something like 25-35%.

Opinions?Ideas?

+1

A lot of people will complain because rolf made it such a dumb system that it took years to get though.

It needs to be nerfed, or everything else needs to be buffed.

Nerfed is preferred, buffed will just result in 70 medi being required.

Nerfed is preferred, buffed will just result in 70 medi being required.

Practically already is required unless youre a champ.

The first no vote from a player who spent the whole few years to get it, completely disregarding the necessary balance needed for proper PvP has finally arrived i see.

I really do want to see an argument outside of i spent so much time on it.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I think a step in the right direction would be to force people to have the required meditation skill for their current path level, although that's more of a general meditation fix.

• Like 10

I don't think people understand.. Gone isn't really that important. Like if you get low enough for Gone to actually matter, you're gonna die anyways 9/10 times. Best you can hope for is to slow the enemies down so your allies can do more damage, but only morons go for the guy with Gone who has allies alive without it.  Not only that, but a good account without Gone will destroy a weak account with it. 

Shrug. I don't particularly care either way as someone with 70+ meditation. Insanity is worthless if you nerf Gone and leave everything else as it is. I'd like to see every path be made viable and have an impact, but with Wurm that opens scary doors for "balance".

Edited by Aflacduck

Can't get an account with it so you want it nerfed?

Let me know why you would pick any other path rather than SOTG right now, outside of POK.

In the meantime, you can read this

POP level 11 isnt really noticable

POL level 11, why get extra healing when you can take 50% less damage from every source of damage? Anyone in their right mind wouldn't.

POH level 11, why get immunity to spells when you can have 50% reduction to spells AND everything else

POK level 11, i suppose its nice for someone who wants to build a superspergo account

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

I've been talking to some in BL about this comparing hate to insanity, and an idea I had was to let hate level 11 spell immunity affect weapon enchants too, giving hate a similar but very different function

aka give other paths balance instead of nerfing hard earned work

also make it require the skill to work

• Like 13

Let me know why you would pick any other path rather than SOTG right now, outside of POK.

Im path of love sir, always will be, love dat full food, water, nutri, and am exited for healing bonus at lv 11 

Edited by watkins141

Im path of love sir, always will be, love dat full food, water, nutri, and am exited for healing bonus at lv 11 

Well when you dont pvp (not that there's any on ele anyway), love is all ya need.

Heh, get it, love cuz theres no fighting.

No? Okay.

I feel it needs some kind of hit at least on epic. Epics current theme is based on people being able to get to a fighting level and be able to somewhat compete with veterans. I feel that making body stats weak compared to wild while allowing the full benifit from SoTG bypasses the newer player accessibility to epic pvp.

I feel it needs some kind of hit at least on epic. Epics current theme is based on people being able to get to a fighting level and be able to somewhat compete with veterans. I feel that making body stats weak compared to wild while allowing the full benifit from SoTG bypasses the newer player accessibility to epic pvp.

This

I really like the idea of balancing everything rather than nerfing anything, everything needs to be worth the effort of getting 70 meditation, atleast 3-4 pvp options that actually make sense to use-level 11 hate blocking dispel and damage enchants, etc. Path of Love is a direct example of a change for a pvp oriented option 

• Like 1

Maybe add a spell to temporarily disable it? Fo could have something that temporarily healed insanity, and Libila could have something more violent, electroshock therapy of some sort.

I really like the idea of balancing everything rather than nerfing anything, everything needs to be worth the effort of getting 70 meditation, atleast 3-4 pvp options that actually make sense to use-level 11 hate blocking dispel and damage enchants, etc. Path of Love is a direct example of a change for a pvp oriented option 

Except even after it was changed, it still sucked.

50% less damage is really just too huge of a bonus.

I agrre sotg shuld be nerfed... but as everything u need to take good look at the big picture. Maybe just buff the others instead so they can be compered.

Add meditation to the curve? Only would need 50 meditating. But a defence for insanity level 11 is newer players can go hate level 7 for a good pvp bonus if they can find a hate tile.

I don't think anyone anywhere actually understands the gameplan had for making body stats less effective on epic, they were claimed to be less effective, but they certainly do not seem to be less effective at all.  When my wild/epic accounts had exactly the same stats, with the same weapons/skills they did exactly the same damage hits, and took exactly the same damage.

And no -1 to adding meditating to the curve, that's just as bad as allowing the enlighten chains to get gone and keep it with 20 skill.  It's meant to be more endgame material, which may not agree with what Epic was designed for, but if we were to keep that plan, then meditating, hell horses, rarity, moon metal, seryll, all that crap should have never existed to begin with so it was never in the gameplan but since it does now it's too late to take it all away

We all saw this coming. 
Don't say you didn't. 

There is no game that I know of that gives, 50% dmg reduction indefinitely. 

All the other Paths have a weakness but SotG weakness is negligible. 

As a person with an account that has SotG I +1 this.

Either way i know this is going to start a few arguments, but the suggestion is to change SoTG.

Personally i want to see it removed, (even though ive been looking for a sotg account for a while), but i know that wont happen so ill compromise with is getting a bit nerfed, now the exact measurement of the nerf? Who knows, but i dont think it should get rid of 50% of the damage, maybe something like 25-35%.

Opinions?Ideas?

Do us all a favor and play the game for more than 1 month before making suggestions.

Just make it an active ability or something instead of being active 100% of the time.
50% damage reduction in conjunction with other damage reduction effects already in place is silly, It lets you tank damage to the point where if you have web armor your attackers can't even continue to attack you as you backpedal away, because they get slowed so much trying to bring you below half hp. There is no ability in the game that even compares to the benefits you get from sotg outside of champ bonus, and at least that is somewhat limited.

• Like 2