Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 34

these are great updates afew that have been waited for for a long time, i am very happy with this out of most of the others we have received to be honest, the friend request setup, and the key binding interface are both well needed, sheep are awesome nice to see them finally.

I would like to point out that there are still other issues with the Xanadu servers like spawns and i am curious along with many others if any work is being done to fix the fact that there are no spawns in many locations and it takes hours to find anything to hunt or tame. most of the mobs ventured north and since no one seems to be killing them nothing is populating the southern areas.

Inb4 more requests for new livestock. Goats, donkeys, etc

EDIT: Although all the Welsh Wurmians should be happy not to be so alone at night now, if you know what I mean ;)

Edited by Aetherwalker
  • Like 5

Nothing like a cozy sheep skin rug.

Looking good.

Now for the big question?     Bridges.................

• Like 1

Wonder if the news has reached the WWIIOL community yet.

Probably.

Aww, fluffy sheep! :D Nice update indeed. Really looking forward to all of these things!

And i'm sure fixes and bridges will come in time... just like sheep... :P

Edited by Cayce
  • Like 1

Keybinds Interface

The Interface I mentioned in the last update is also done!

You can find it as a new tab under the game settings.

-------------

We lost several special keys from previous binds. Are those coming back, or do we need to redo our binding going forward?  Equals, Semicolon, Comma, etc.

I will fix those.

• Like 1

Does this mean new cloth armor made from wool? :D

Always been a fan of the cotton clothing myself.

Nice. Now can we get cannibal NPC's on freedom servers? you already have tents just add a new model tent then make cannibal  spawn  around them like animals do around dens.

Finally an alternative to cotton! :)

Although it's not because they announce it yet again that it isn't gonna take another year before it really gets implemented xD

• Like 1

Although it's not because they announce it yet again that it isn't gonna take another year before it really gets implemented xD

Yeah - I used to get excited about these updates - but then discovered that it can still take months to make it to live servers - then its released in dribs'n'drabs - I would prefer if you guys (dev team) would just inform us about what you put in game as you put it in!  I am still waiting on the new beds that was mentioned months ago!

But glad to have you guys back and active again!

• Like 1

Great news!

Just please:

1. Make the friend request message from event colored - I already missed two requests and people had to PM me asking me why I refused them.

2. Please bring back some of the old keys - I especially miss the ` ~ key (called grave in all bindings system).

Any word on Xanadu spawns being fixed/increased?

Just prevent them from spawning on mountain rock.  Have you *seen* the north coast?  Herds and herds of mobs that no one can reach.  

Nice update info.

So what about that teleport bug. Any progress there?

though some have made mention , not just in this post, about more animals..and affecting the animal cap on server.....what i like is this.....it causes you to have to make a trade off now...no longer can you hoard vast amts of horses..as it'll affect your own ratio..let alone animal cap.....it causes you to make decisions as an "opportunity cost" of do i have 20 horses or 5 horses, 5 bison, 5 sheep, 5 bulls..or..15 sheep n 5 chickens...you get the idea..it becomes a juggling act vs 300 horses in one deed pen being horded...and believe me I LOVE to HOARD in this game ...and HORDE...where oh where will i fit my seal pen??  but yah i think it's a brilliant idea to add a few more..and up the difficulty some of this delicate balance.  Remember Wurm is NOT supposed to be easy...such delicate minds play other games...we are wurmians..we are a tougher breed!!

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 1

anyone care for a baaaaaaaaaad joke?

brace for hypothermia on a cold night!

wool bed rolls for camping?

coats?

i bet that is a nice wool rug!