Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

key binds broke?

The special key binds seem to have been lost with the introduction of the settings tab for key bindings.

Haradur is working on a fix for it now, so hopefully it wont be too long before it's resolved. ( Btw this is a pure client side thing, the server don't care at all what keys you press :P )

Haradur is working on a fix for it now, so hopefully it wont be too long before it's resolved. ( Btw this is a pure client side thing, the server don't care at all what keys you press :P )

Thank you so much! I've been pulling my hair out, trying to find a way to make my old binds work. I can actually rebind them in game (even though the console tells me they don't exist), but when I exit client and restart, they are always wiped out.

Regarding client vs server bugs, I've always been confused which I should post in for what bug. Maybe they should be combined, since I doubt anyone else knows either.

Yeah, think is the new interface doesn't recognize some keys (like dot, comma, etc); the one key that hurts me most is the grave / tilda one (the one on left of 1 key - that one is a great bind and is no longer bindable now.

This will be fixed in the next client update.

added the missing buttons, and if you are binding a button in the console that is missing in the interface it will now be saved and loaded properly.

Is there an approximate eta on the next client update? Wondering if I should just change all my binds or wait for it?

As a workaround, you can put the affected key bind commands in the autorun.txt file in the config directory (wurm\configs\yourconfignamehere) same as if you were entering it on the console. For example, if your config is default and you want to set the grave key (`) to toggle the character window, in wurm\configs\default\autorun.txt you enter:

bind grave toggle_character

I was having problems manually entering the bindings, but maybe I just inserted them in the wrong way. Regardless, I finally just rebuilt most of my binds to use the available ones in the interface. Should be able to adjust after a few days. Ty for your help!

This will be fixed in the next client update.

added the missing buttons, and if you are binding a button in the console that is missing in the interface it will now be saved and loaded properly.

There was a patch yesterday, but I don't think any fix went in.

grave, comma, period, slash, semicolon, backslash, minus, equals, open_bracket /left_bracket /lbracket and right_bracket (etc) as well as backspace are keys I used to work much.

Haradur (and any other client developers involved with key bindings) may want to check the constants in the documentation of a few classes.  While it sometimes isn't very clear exactly what key a particular key name/code refers to, many key names can be found among the key code constant names.  I'm aware of two such lists that could be relevant.

One is among the constants of LWJGL's Keyboard class here:

http://www.lwjgl.org/javadoc/org/lwjgl/input/Keyboard.html

The other is among the constants of Java's KeyEvent class here:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/awt/event/KeyEvent.html

Depending on exactly how the key bindings are implemented, either one (or even both) could be relevant.  There's a lot of overlap in the key names in the two, though each supports some keys the other doesn't and they use different key codes (integer constants used to represent the keys).

Edit: Loops could also be used to search for key names using methods in the above classes.  The getKeyName( int ) method of LWJGL's Keyboard class or the getKeyText( int ) method of Java's KeyEvent class will return the key name corresponding to an integer key code, if there is one for the provided key code.

Edited by Telurius