Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Post Summer Batch

Yep... it's 0.1kg on Epic too

Thanks chaos!  It was literally not even close to being a problem before, can we get a code split?

Well dont complain to everyone on chaos. most likely its just 1 specific side that was the cause for your loss aswell. (my guess)

Yup! Come over and mine some meteors, or use the loyalty stuff. How about instead of complaining about a feature that's not on your server, suggest something that would work on your server to get the desired benefit.

• Like 1

Meteors don't give seryl. Loyalty reward was one-time only. That's the issue. Seryl was supposed to be one-time only as loyalty reward, now its being handed out on PvP servers by killing Valrei creatures.

Apparently to the dev team people who play the broken ass PvP are more loyal than the 2/3 that play PvE. Who'd know.

Eh. Moonmetal is moonmetal. Again, instead of just whining, make a suggestion that would allow this on a PvE server without the awful creatures most Freedom players don't want to deal with.

• Like 1

Been done already. Hey, its as simple as have some (or most, or all) valrei creatures spawn in PvE as well... Some valrei creatures are manageable, its not all eagle or drake spirits.

Meteors don't give seryl. Loyalty reward was one-time only. That's the issue. Seryl was supposed to be one-time only as loyalty reward, now its being handed out on PvP servers by killing Valrei creatures.

Apparently to the dev team people who play the broken ass PvP are more loyal than the 2/3 that play PvE. Who'd know.

It's too bad though, afaik no syrll has been received from valrei creatures yet -.-

Seryll should be mined like source crystals , theres a way it can be added to pve.

Its Rolfs idea of compensation, giving out moonmetal.

"I guess I'm taking away the one unique feature on epic that sorta works and giving it to everyone, might as well give them some moon metal to make up for it" (and might as well give it to chaos too, who cares)

I do like your reasoning though, it makes sense that the people who put up with all the broken pvp are more loyal, after all they have to deal with those broken mechanics to play.

They deal with broken mechanics? And PvE don't. What's more don't we have to endure mechanics that GET broken on the account of PvP "balance"?

Who's more loyal? The few that play PvP either for profit or for faster skillgains, or the ones that endure the constant nerfs because of PvP bitching, while they have nothing to do with that? Who's more loyal?

"I guess I'm taking away the one unique feature on epic that sorta works and giving it to everyone, might as well give them some moon metal to make up for it" (and might as well give it to chaos too, who cares)

I do like your reasoning though, it makes sense that the people who put up with all the broken pvp are more loyal, after all they have to deal with those broken mechanics to play.

What did Rolf take away from Epic when he added seryl drops? Dragons? Hardly something Epic-exclusive... Epic still has the most benefits of all, idk what the hell do you want. Its not like you were promised exclusivity or that you're somehow special just because you got goaded into playing "pvp" in a game without a combat system.

Edited by KanePT

Maybe I´m miss informed, did seryl existed on any server before they added it as a reward for all premium players?

I don´t get why some people consider Seryl a unique feature for xxx playstile/server wen never existed as "only on this server feature" before.

Iirc wen epic/chaos got karma spells there was a statement from Rolf himself that same will be added later for pve servers, so i don´t get why some people feels so entitled to declare it a xxx unique feature that no one should get.

• Like 1

Maybe I´m miss informed, did seryl existed on any server before they added it as a reward for all premium players?

I don´t get why some people consider Seryl a unique feature for xxx playstile/server wen never existed as "only on this server feature" before.

Iirc wen epic/chaos got karma spells there was a statement from Rolf himself that same will be added later for pve servers, so i don´t get why some people feels so entitled to declare it a xxx unique feature that no one should get.

Because those spells only really help you in pvp, there is no reason to have any of the buff/debuffs for killing a champion troll on freedom. You look at the amount of updates that have benefited Freedom and the pvp servers get a feature that just gets removed or nerfed to uselessness.

Ohh!! but I forgot the "hardcore supporters" who've played for 2 years input is taken more seriously then the people who have played for 8+ years... At this point just shut down the pvp servers and give everyone a skill transfer to the freedom servers. 

Because those spells only really help you in pvp, there is no reason to have any of the buff/debuffs for killing a champion troll on freedom. You look at the amount of updates that have benefited Freedom and the pvp servers get a feature that just gets removed or nerfed to uselessness.

Ohh!! but I forgot the "hardcore supporters" who've played for 2 years input is taken more seriously then the people who have played for 8+ years... At this point just shut down the pvp servers and give everyone a skill transfer to the freedom servers. 

• Like 1

1) there was no Epic 8 years ago.

2) Are you shitting me? PvE gets all the features? Name one feature that exists in PVE that doesn't exist in PVP. ONE! Now i can name a bunch of features PvE LOST because of PvP. I doubt you can do the same. I have a challenge for you, go to and count the number of lines that address PvP ONLY, then do the same for PVE, but for ONLY PVE. I think you'll probably be stuck at anything pertaining Xanadu only.

• Like 3

Sorry let me rephrase my previous statement

"Ohh!! but I forgot the "hardcore supporters" who've played for 2 years on one of the freedom servers input is taken more seriously then the people who have played for 8+ years... At this point just shut down the pvp servers and give everyone a skill transfer to the freedom servers."

I'm just going to say this, instead of worrying about sea turtles and sharks or new PVE mobs focus a bit on the fighting system and quit sugar coating a bad system. The only thing sharks did was get in the way of sailing while pvping.. No one on the epic/chaos server wants to go out and RP catching Jaws or riding a sea turtle to the ocean floor to visit the characters from Little Mermaid. How does this benefit pvp servers? it doesn't. How does it benefit Freedom? Ohh I can sell tortoise shell shields and make a profit yiiinnggg!!

k92HqEO.jpg

The Jimmy Council would like to see the "pvp system" made better so they can come back and play and prosper!

While you are utterly wrong, i´m with you regarding fight system and new creatures.

Fight in general and archery in particular needs a huge revamp, and I´m willing to trade every new creature (seals, crabs, tortoise, sharks end even the upcoming useless dolphins) in the game or soon to be added for that fighting improvements.

While on that, it is clear that almost entire pvp aspect of Wurm needs some change, because it is clear that in the current state only appeals to a very small % of Wurm players.

The whole idea that keeping some metals or spells as a pvp only feature will drive people to switch to a unappealing play stile that looks as a fail for a lot of players its a bit delusional imho.

Sorry let me rephrase my previous statement

"Ohh!! but I forgot the "hardcore supporters" who've played for 2 years on one of the freedom servers input is taken more seriously then the people who have played for 8+ years... At this point just shut down the pvp servers and give everyone a skill transfer to the freedom servers."

So, its my fault you got baited into playing a broken game? I play on freedom, because, by the standards i'm used to, calling Wurm's PvP as "Player vs Player" is nothing short of a bad joke. I do enjoy competitive gameplays, i do enjoy PvP, i just don't enjoy what Wurm offers which basically so broken you see people suggesting now and then stuff to remove PvP from the PvP... Wurm's PvP is basically justified griefing. The attacker has minimum risk compared to the defender. Balance is a myth, combat is a joke, etc, etc.

I've been asking for improvements in PvP since i've started playing, because although i wouldn't set foot in any of the PvP servers at the moment, i would very much like to see Wurm's PvP elevated to something actually nice, and would gladly take part. And i've been playing for 4 years. I started playing before there was a Epic.

I'm just going to say this, instead of worrying about sea turtles and sharks or new PVE mobs focus a bit on the fighting system and quit sugar coating a bad system. The only thing sharks did was get in the way of sailing while pvping.. No one on the epic/chaos server wants to go out and RP catching Jaws or riding a sea turtle to the ocean floor to visit the characters from Little Mermaid. How does this benefit pvp servers? it doesn't. How does it benefit Freedom? Ohh I can sell tortoise shell shields and make a profit yiiinnggg!!

I guess you don't know, or chose to ignore, the plethora of posts from PVE'rs asking to put a stop on the sea creature boom, and resort to fix other stuff. This is purely a Developer Jive, and they tenaciously ignore the feedback against those. What people don't sell turtle shields in PvP? I for one haven't seen anyone selling turtle shields yet, pve or not.

The Jimmy Council would like to see the "pvp system" made better so they can come back and play and prosper!

I fully support the Jimmy Council. I gues i've been a member for years without knowing. But you can't blame people with different taste for PvP, who actually want to have their actions influence the outcome of a combat, instead of having to pray to the machine spirit for good RNG, for not playing in a broken ass system. Problem is, the current broken and imbalanced system seems to benefit some, and while that remains, i doubt there will be any changes.

With all that text and whatnot, i still haven't seen a valid point as to why Seryl shouldn't be made available in PVE as well as PvP. The method of obtaining it is 100% PVE, so why is it restricted to PVP servers?

Edited by KanePT

Sign in to follow this