Sign in to follow this  
eldarian

Spawns

i know i am not the only one with this issue and its why i'm bringing it up, i travel 20 minutes in all directions from my deed and i am lucky if i even see the random troll for mobs, this makes it nearly impossible for those players who don't have hours on end to spend in the game to get any horses, cows, bison, or even to raise FS... i would like to know when the spawning of mobs is going to be fixed, i'm at R15 and there is absolutely nothing around us for a long long time...im pretty sure there are many other locations on the map similar, whether its due to all the mobs spawning in one spot or not i think this needs to be addressed so that the creatures are spread out evenly through the entire server....

Please leave your comments and input as well maybe if enough people start complaining and worrying about this issue something will be done about it. If they have time to continuously keep adding new features then they surely have time to fix an issue of spawns on a server.

• Like 3

In north, I was having amounts of creatures comparable to my place on Celebration, had some unwanted visitors every hour at least.

It's west of north coast, if anyone's wondering.

Edited by Samool

i had 4 agro monsters wander on deed 2 days ago, see pigs and dogs everywhere, kill the pigs when i see them.  steep mountainsides a bit north of me seem full of mobs too.  in the northeast of the map

yes thats all in the north...thats the point for this post...all the mobs are spawned mostly in the north leaving the south nearly empty..very few places in south have any mobs anywhere....and thats why the spawn system needs fixed especially on a map the size of xanadu...players dont always have hour and hours to look for afew mobs, and when ur specifically searching for animals for carts and so forth, this makes everything a pain, buying horses and such is also nearly impossible unless u want to pay someone outrageous prices because the travel time it takes to go anywhere...sure the map is huge, but that means that many places dont have access to spawns do to how the spawn system is setup...there should be a restriction to sections on map for how many mobs spawn near it centralized per starter city in my oppinion..

To many people south and west, so the critters are hanging out up north with the recluses ;)

• Like 1

actually I live north west on an island - very few mobs there either, they need to look at island spawns as well

• Like 1

Plenty of domestic animals are spawning around the Glasshollow area. I wouldn't say we are "recluses" up this a way, as there are a good number of deeds surrounding the Glasshollow Village starter town. Aggro mobs are not uncommon either, cave bugs from their mound, as well as bears and a lot of pesty rats. A few spiders pop up now and then, even some trolls. I sort of suspect that some players just want more of what is already available, which makes them think there is not enough.

=Ayes=

I can give a status report from North West, it's no monsters here.

I must ride 20 min to find my favorite spot, a greenish crocodile lair, and hope none else killed the 5 crocs. Then head back home again.

And all the mountains is just super bad. People have sniped the ones off the cliffsides by now, but when i Get Info level 3 i still see alot of monsters hidding where none can reach em.

Overall its just horrible.

I would say we dont need more horses, coz there are horder players, u know those guys that collect 100 horses and keep am in a 2x2 pen.

Add more horses, and they will just end up in the animal cruelty monsters farms.

We need more aggressive monsters, and 10 times as much as there are atm at least.

• Like 1

you are more apt to find an elusive turtle than a mob in the SW..truly bare bones..yet when i sail up north coast..it's chock full of mobs..death zones if you have a toon with low Fight skill..i was drooling with envy

On my Pristine deed, which is on an island I have mobs wandering onto the deed all the time, even had 2 bison waiting for me to round them up.

On Xanadu, P22, can ride/row for 30 mins in any direction and I'm lucky to find a couple of pigs.

Highway heading south then east by Glasshollow were it ends at the steppes/desert.

But load of mobs ,  just stay to your left along the mountain ranger  and you will run into 20 or more sly spiders easy.

That dosent include all the scorpians , trolls, wolfs , crocs and other critters there.

Just north of Vrock there is also alot of stuff .

But Rolf needs find a way for the mobs to come down from mountain tops.

• Like 1

I'm on D24 and i get swarmed by bears, trolls, spiders and pigs... the frequent dog, hen and horse can be seen as well.

Before they did the last tweaks i had at best one troll every 2-3 days, now i can't set a foot out of my deed without being jumped by at least 2 aggro mobs after 10 tiles of walking past my perimeter.

Got a mountain in the south bordering my deed, no animals up there though... or hardly any, sometimes i can see one at best.

Thats as far my area goes. :/

IMO, Wurm doesn't have the capacity to service hunters and breeders on Xan. Its time to start thinking outside the box....

Consider a non-animal vehicle pulling substitute

I would completely forgo having and breeding animals if I could make a magic object to pull my cart or wagon around.

Animal Ban, Pen or Pasture.

- Allows the server to archive farm animals and do almost NO AI or database accessing for these animals.

- Shifts feeding and care of tens if not hundreds of animals to a single barn object. An barn object could feasibly work well with a single simultaneous math algorithm done once a day at a random time (might use: food levels, group nutrition, cleanliness, pen tile count, animals count, player maintence done). Hundreds of animals that normally do multiple things an hour have now been reduced to a single once a day server process. If you take good care of animals they get fat and happy. If you slack off things get dirty and random animals start dieing.

- Use client side resources and a seeded random programing to move animals around inside a pen. This way all players see the same animal location and movements. It could look exactly like what you see now, animals walking around in a pen. 

- It is a multiple tile structure or fenced area.

Lair raiding; here lairs start spawning creatures when a player(s) is near. When no players are near the creatures go back in the lair. A player can force lairs to spawn. Force spawn up to 5 or 10 creatures, go find and kill...repeat. Let players use tracking to find lairs. Lairs continue to take damage as they spawn creatures and randomly pop up throughout the map.  There should be regional caps for lair spawning because I believe certain areas have a lot more hunters.

Increase spawn likeness in areas that kill more. use statistics to track what areas tend to kill more and then proportionally increase the likeness things will spawn in these areas. This plays to the idea of providing hunters with more fun and giving peaceful folks a more peaceful area. mobs killed by NPC shouldn't count. If NPC are doing the majority of the killing that is a good sign the locals don't like hunting.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

IMO, Wurm doesn't have the capacity to service hunters and breeders on Xan. Its time to start thinking outside the box....

Consider a non-animal vehicle pulling substitute

I would completely forgo having and breeding animals if I could make a magic object to pull my cart or wagon around.

Animal Ban, Pen or Pasture.

- Allows the server to archive farm animals and do almost NO AI or database accessing for these animals.

- Shifts feeding and care of tens if not hundreds of animals to a single barn object. An barn object could feasibly work well with a single simultaneous math algorithm done once a day at a random time (might use: food levels, group nutrition, cleanliness, pen tile count, animals count, player maintence done). Hundreds of animals that normally do multiple things an hour have now been reduced to a single once a day server process. If you take good care of animals they get fat and happy. If you slack off things get dirty and random animals start dieing.

- Use client side resources and a seeded random programing to move animals around inside a pen. This way all players see the same animal location and movements. It could look exactly like what you see now, animals walking around in a pen. 

- It is a multiple tile structure or fenced area.

Lair raiding; here lairs start spawning creatures when a player(s) is near. When no players are near the creatures go back in the lair. A player can force lairs to spawn. Force spawn up to 5 or 10 creatures, go find and kill...repeat. Let players use tracking to find lairs. Lairs continue to take damage as they spawn creatures and randomly pop up throughout the map.  There should be regional caps for lair spawning because I believe certain areas have a lot more hunters.

Increase spawn likeness in areas that kill more. use statistics to track what areas tend to kill more and then proportionally increase the likeness things will spawn in these areas. This plays to the idea of providing hunters with more fun and giving peaceful folks a more peaceful area. mobs killed by NPC shouldn't count. If NPC are doing the majority of the killing that is a good sign the locals don't like hunting.

Newspring area is almost completely void of animals that are not pened up.  I have easly spent 6 hours looking over a 4 day period and found 2 scorps, a dog and one spider.  I have even done a lot of mountain prospecting with no armor or weapon as can climb beter totally unloaded.  Have yet to encounter a single animal on the mountains even.  I also did a 2 day run around in the SW main land and only encountered 2 bears, 2 spiders, a pig, 2 wolfs and a dog that were not penned or hitched.  Untill I reached the stepes at P10 where I found 4 Trolls as soon as I entered it.  Never found a single Horse, cow, bull, or bison  dispite spending over 5 hours covering all the grids south of the stepes at P10.  Please fix the spawn of animals never have I found it so difficult to find them on other servers in over 2 years of playing.

The people that keep saying there is plenty of monsters, please understand that 10 monsters in a square km is not alot.

And even if u see alot of monsters coz none are killing them off in your local area, note that when u do kill them the respawn rate is way too slow.

3 years ago Exodus Northeast desert when monsters spawned mostly on tile based system.

There used to be 1 monster every 5x5 tiles, so when u looked out on a desert, u could count 100's of monsters, and to clear a whole desert you couldnt do in 1 single day, coz it was close to 1000 crocodiles and scorpions in that area.

One thing is for sure and that is if u r still against more monsters spawn, just wait a few months and i garantuee u have changed your opinion.

The people that keep saying there is plenty of monsters, please understand that 10 monsters in a square km is not alot.

And even if u see alot of monsters coz none are killing them off in your local area, note that when u do kill them the respawn rate is way too slow.

3 years ago Exodus Northeast desert when monsters spawned mostly on tile based system.

There used to be 1 monster every 5x5 tiles, so when u looked out on a desert, u could count 100's of monsters, and to clear a whole desert you couldnt do in 1 single day, coz it was close to 1000 crocodiles and scorpions in that area.

One thing is for sure and that is if u r still against more monsters spawn, just wait a few months and i garantuee u have changed your opinion.

• Like 1

I agree with you Eldarian. I in the SE near Esteron and we hardly get any monsters. We've been there since launch day and of course those first couple of days was pretty sweet with the sharks and all the spawn due to the dens around our deed it took us almost all day to get the deed the size we wanted because monsters kept invading the area.

Back then it was just me and my boyfriend after that first week the server opened and they cut down the spawn.. It made it really hard on me and my boyfriend. Now we have two other villagers, and the most exciting moment for us is when a monster comes onto deed after about a week of seeing none. (Sometimes longer).

For some of you this isn't an issue. Perhaps your fighting skill is where it needs to be or your natural substances are high. Or your working on your deeds and you don't want the interference of a monster coming around knocking you around while your working on your deed.

But this is a real problem. It's upsetting me and my whole crew. 

If you don't see a problem. Live down in the SE on a brand new character near Esteron for about 2 months with the spawn the way it is and don't say the spawn isn't an issue.

And please give it up with the, "you can just fish for food" that is unfair to anyone who hasn't had a chance to raise there FS and I have two new villagers who are beating up practice dummies right now because they have no other resources (i'm talking about this being an issue after 20 skill). Just shut your moth and pretend your brand new and feel how hard it is. =\

Edited by Wingz
  • Like 3

By the way- I've wandered long and far around Esteron in each direction looking for livestock. Bison, cows. During my journey I didn't see any monsters along the way and I went 1000's of tiles if not more looking for livestock.

• Like 1

Any dense aggro spawns should be restricted to certain areas by coding. These then "hunting" areas could be in a more remote section of each starter Village zone. The rest of the server could then just have the random aggro spawns to annoy others who want to have nothing to do with them, to be in keeping with the image of Wurm being a dangerous place.

To impact the general player population with the type of aggro overload preferred by some players as exemplified here and elsewhere would be a serious imposition on the majorities enjoyment of the game, which has little to do with aggressive mobs.

If contained "hunting" areas can not be implemented upon Xanadu, then just create some "hunting server" which can be portaled to so that these hunters will not disturb the rest of the population with their insistence upon aggro overload everywhere.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Every single time I read one of these topics I always see people crying about not being able to walk a short distance from deed and find 100s of mobs to kill.....seriously need to understand what this means for the newer players and not expect to have butt loads of fight skill right outside your deed.

i created a new account specifically for Xanadu, part of the challenge is the random mob agroing you while traveling, that isn't even possible anymore, there are no mobs in 100's maybe even 1000's of tiles in some locations, and then u might find 1 mob, they are all grouped and it isn't fair to anyone trying raise fs, or look for creatures to tame, even in a grouped area a lvl 1 fs would basically die trying to get that one horse they see, the spawns should be spread and evened out across a server this huge, but instead they are all grouped in the north, no one is really crying, we are stating the facts!

Any dense aggro spawns should be restricted to certain areas by coding. These then "hunting" areas could be in a more remote section of each starter Village zone. The rest of the server could then just have the random aggro spawns to annoy others who want to have nothing to do with them, to be in keeping with the image of Wurm being a dangerous place.

To impact the general player population with the type of aggro overload preferred by some players as exemplified here and elsewhere would be a serious imposition on the majorities enjoyment of the game, which has little to do with aggressive mobs.

If contained "hunting" areas can not be implemented upon Xanadu, then just create some "hunting server" which can be portaled to so that these hunters will not disturb the rest of the population with their insistence upon aggro overload everywhere.

=Ayes=

this wouldn't be a bad idea at all tbh...keep the server populated with domestic animals and the random aggressive mobs that could attack you and have a specific server dedicated to raising fs would be pretty cool

this wouldn't be a bad idea at all tbh...keep the server populated with domestic animals and the random aggressive mobs that could attack you and have a specific server dedicated to raising fs would be pretty cool

Rasu, if new players struggle coz too many monsters, I will help them in the local area i live, and i assume every else fighter will do the same.

And a new player need monsters to level up fighting skills on, or they will stay a noob forever.

If there is 10 or 1000 monster wont really matter for a noob running down a road really,

Coz a noob will by chance% still run into a troll, crocodile, hell hound or a champion even with the super bad spawns we have

Getting to 50 and then to 70 fighting skill is very easy, if there only is enough monsters to kill.

Im a freedomer, so why do i wanna reach 90fs?

I was at a red dragon killing, took 3 attempt to kill it, so basicly for 3x 10 min = half an hour i was swinging at the drake, and i never hit it once, my attacks just glanced of his armor.

That day my confidence shattered. It went from me being cooky proud warrior, acting like step aside boys i will handle this drake -> to me running back home with shame.

But I bounced back and swore one day I will punch a drake in the face. So I travelled to the largest server there is for my hardcore training. 

Xanadu is a bumpy barren wasteland

Who do Wurm wanna please?

1. The free to play people that have no armor, no weapon

2. The premium players that have bought gametime, weapon and armor