Sign in to follow this  
Cyberdragon

Finally back!

Hey there, Wurmians.

After a long time of playing EVE Online, I have returned to Wurm. I took a pretty long break because of two reasons:

1) A really annoying glitch that would make my client freeze if I even dared to move my mouse, is it fixed by the way?

2) Got kicked for no reason by my deed's mayor > :(

I really find this game extremely difficult to play but I am enjoying it pretty much. However, I am mostly disturbed by the lack of players in-game. So even if I have Mt. Everest made of dirt waiting by my harbor, no buyers would exist. Is there any way to promote this game, so we could get more players?

Now I just wanted to ask you all some questions about Xanadu:

1) How is Xanadu recently?

2) Have roads finally been paved?

3) Has the number of coastal towns multiplied?

4) Does the inland of Xanadu still remain unoccupied?

Edit: Mordred you meanie, why the hell did you kick me?

Edited by Cyberdragon
  • Like 1

If you price your dirt low enough, you can sell mount everest in no time :P

The area some roads here and there, some pretty impressive ones. It's such a large map though, it'll be years before they connect everywhere. (If ever)

There are tons of coastal towns, although still large amounts of free land available for you.

Inland on every server has less people. People like living by the coast as it makes travel by water so much more convenient. It isn't deserted inland, but there is a lot of wild land still.

1) A really annoying glitch that would make my client freeze if I even dared to move my mouse, is it fixed by the way?

You never posted enough information for anyone to be able to help you with that, though that probably should have been pointed out. If yout still get the crash post again but please include logs this time.

Now I just wanted to ask you all some questions about Xanadu:

1) How is Xanadu recently? - all the cool kids seem to hang out there

2) Have roads finally been paved? - some, check out the map

3) Has the number of coastal towns multiplied?- if you want wall to wall people go to the coast in the SW near the spawn point.

4) Does the inland of Xanadu still remain unoccupied? - I dont know, but my guess is largely yes, if you want people go coastal, and go to the SW

Edited by conmcb25

Xanadu is the most wild of all lands. The reason is that it was launched recently, so while it has been settled quite aggressively, the continent is still being developed. Sort of like the Americas, after they were just discovered. A lot of people went there, but everything still had to be built.

The other reason is that Xanadu is very, very big. It's what makes it so exciting, but it's also the reason why this continent will develop more slowly than others. Everything in Xanadu is regional... markets, alliances, projects, roads, etc.

That said, Xanadu is a very beautiful continent and its scope makes it trully epic. So, if you are interested in hopping back into Wurm in the middle of highly developed civilization, I would suggest some of the older servers, like Deli. But if you like the pioneer experience, Xanadu is certainly tons of fun.

On that note, welcome back :)

Welcome back and hope you join us in Epic someday soon.

• Like 1