Sign in to follow this  
blizzerd

Since we obviously wont get rid of the rng emperor selection

And in light of the recent drama, i suggest a system that will at least partially prevent any more butthurt drama:

tldr first cus you people dont read:

a voting system ON TOP of what we have for emperor or king or whatever, you need a certain minimum support from the faction to even be able to do the emperor thing.

Full suggestion:

a command used to make it obvious who you would support most as your emperor

/support [name]

you can support max 3 names, they dont have to be unique (so you can support 1 person x3 if you really like him or her, or spread your vote evenly over 3 names if you cant decide)

you have to have minimum 5% of the faction's total support before you can do the thing to become the emperor.

only count the people that used the command as upper bound, so if only 5 people use the command on themselves in the entire faction, each has 20% support even tho hundereds of people are in the faction.

on deed token you can see who has how much support, who gave them the support is anonymous. even if an emperor is selected the support ###### stays active, so emperor can see his constituances etc evolve if needed.

This for all kingdoms, including pmk's, all just on top of what they already have.

Edited by blizzerd

This could also affect who gets cherries etc, 5% minimum support before you can receive cherries since last guy that got cherry in hots was some dude that didnt do anything for the missions at all while some put in 80+ hours.

+1 kingdom

-1 valrei

the valrei reward system needs a fix, but that doesnt sound like a good solution

A voting system would be nice and prevent a brand new player from freedom getting emp while seasoned veterans were trying for a week. Unless of course giving emperor to newbie accounts is something that was purposely implemented, which wouldn't surprise me with the rest of the shortcomings Rolf has handed BL.

• Like 1

I don't think that issue is exclusive to bl.... nor the low scenario point one

would be nice if something changed, not sure that I like this idea though and I don't think popularity contest is going to happen or we would be allowed to just trade it (which wont happen either)

Mmm maybe a voting system depending on the default kingdom template (like JK?). For the BL I always envisioned a Trial By Combat where the snake picks and tracks the participants, voluntary participation?

Help keep that feel for each kingdom.

This could also affect who gets cherries etc, 5% minimum support before you can receive cherries since last guy that got cherry in hots was some dude that didnt do anything for the missions at all while some put in 80+ hours.

######, lagger did a shitload of missions.

• Like 1

Give more tools to the elitist trash who think they own wurm? nahhh -1

None of you elite verterans who "deserve" it  have done anything worthwhile as king anyway tbh. lol....

Edited by Youngsoldier

-1, Just up the requirements to 30-40's instead. A strong king is usually a good king, otherwise they would die out much earlier.

Even then a strong king can be a corrupt king, and that is how life is played.

... and even the weakest kings can be good.

Just don't treat them weakly.

Hahahaha. Oh man. Id be so mad if this happened to us.

Give more tools to the elitist trash who think they own wurm? nahhh -1

None of you elite verterans who "deserve" it  have done anything worthwhile as king anyway tbh. lol....

Tony green right? you are 50% of the people i made this suggestion for.

Edited by blizzerd

It's not supposed to be a popularity contest

its not, this suggestion only requires you to muster a misearble 5 % of people in a faction to vote for you to enable you to in bl's case talk to the cobra... how is that a popularity contest?

also if someone gets 70% that still does not influence his chances on being emperor, just gives him an equally valid chance as a 6% one.

lets say a faction has 200 active players, 100 of them chose to vote, you now need 15 votes or 3 people to vote all their votes on you to get a shot at the cobra... i dont see how that is such a massive popularity contest? and even if it is, an emperor should have "some" public weight, if its just some dude randomly he isnt going to be any good emperor is he?

if its just some dude randomly he isnt going to be any good emperor is he?

I feel like you simply don't like the player behind it, While apparently you said he did no missions etc, and shouldn't deserve what hes gotten.

Lorena says he tried pretty hard.

But I agree on one point in the end, RNG shouldn't be a way of selecting a emperor, but I won't stand behind your suggestion.

• Like 1

This has been an issue that has come up time and time again, seems to be happening in BL more than other kingdoms though!

I'm not sure I agree with the OP suggestion but something different should be implemented, the problem is that..... Yes anyone can go for it and it is a lottery which you think would be a fair way to produce an emperor but is it fair that somebody can just become emp then stack the titles on the self and then die? Somebody who the majority of the kingom doesn't seem to know and refuses to reply to pm's?

Some people may think this is fair which is their opinion BUT is it then fair that IF said person continues to stack titles on the self and continues to die or cause the kingdom more issues that it would take at least 3 months to force abdicate? (Not actually sure how long it takes but I'm sure it's more than 3 months).

I dont know lagger I think I've seen his name once or twice round the black light and personally thought he was an alt or something! I don't dislike the person and I don't hold a grudge against him for getting emp but people who try should be willing to communicate with the kingdom they become emp of and not just stack titles die and ignore everyone but their friend(s) and of that is the case then they should be prepared to be challenged.

BLE talking loads and loads of trash, lagger is a few month old player who was very helpfull to New ppl and recently checked out elevation coz he was interested in pvp and such. This bro was a very good person for our kingdom, especially for the slowly increasing playerbase on our server.

Sadly the stories spread are very biased and even more sadly my kingdom is full of greedy idiots.

• Like 1

BLE talking loads and loads of trash, lagger is a few month old player who was very helpfull to New ppl and recently checked out elevation coz he was interested in pvp and such. This bro was a very good person for our kingdom, especially for the slowly increasing playerbase on our server.

Sadly the stories spread are very biased and even more sadly my kingdom is full of greedy idiots.

I don't see how my "story" was trash? It's a fact I've only seen him a couple times and it's a fact he doesn't reply to anyone and it's a fact he stacked titles and died! I didn't even say he was a bad guy but if he wants to be emp he's doing it wrong

Not talking about u buddy, stories going on in general.

Ahh ok my bad, not sure what stories are flying round the hots vine

-The guy doesn't speak english, and i dont mean that as "its hard to understand him" i mean that as people had to talk to him using google translate because he just did not understand what we were saying

-the instance he became emperor he left his village, people got really paranoid over this thinking he was gonna sell his account or something

-he has to be explained how emperor works, and we explain the titles to him saying he should give them to the best pvpers etc because they can use it best, then he instantly gives himself ALL the titles...

-roughly 2 hours later he makes a deed on mr home and is now converted to mr... BUT STILL OUR EMPEROR thanks rolf thanks code....

In all honesty our kingdom pretty much thinks he was a spy alt, either that or wilfully and deliberately incompetent.

Edited by blizzerd

######, lagger did a shitload of missions.

Might be talking about the first cherry, ghoulio sacced 1 unstrung rod.

Not really sure how this would help, 5% isn't much if all you count is prem people on elevation who type the command, way too much if it counts all members etc.

And I don't see why pmks need it at all

Valrei has its own issues.

Edited by Kagrenac

-The guy doesn't speak english, and i dont mean that as "its hard to understand him" i mean that as people had to talk to him using google translate because he just did not understand what we were saying

-the instance he became emperor he left his village, people got really paranoid over this thinking he was gonna sell his account or something

-he has to be explained how emperor works, and we explain the titles to him saying he should give them to the best pvpers etc because they can use it best, then he instantly gives himself ALL the titles...

-roughly 2 hours later he makes a deed on mr home and is now converted to mr... BUT STILL OUR EMPEROR thanks rolf thanks code....

In all honesty our kingdom pretty much thinks he was a spy alt, either that or wilfully and deliberately incompetent.

Wake up, read this and laugh a lot. Then people says Wurm is not a game in beta.

At least something preventing an emperor to CONVERT kingdoms would be nice.

At least something preventing an emperor to CONVERT kingdoms would be nice.

The problem is king stuff stays 100% on Elevation, so the moment you cross to any home server, it's like you never even seen a king before.  Same reason people with deeds on one server can convert on another

-1. System needs an overhaul but voting is a silly way of doing it imo. It might be nice if you had a higher chance to win based on factors such as length of time in the kingdom, power of account, ect...

Yes, proper voting system is needed..I cant stop banging my head on the desk ever since I read this
Nicka is appointed new Emperor of Horde of the Summoned

Who the hell is this guy? He doesn't even play as HOTS..and is the emperor now..most probably he will leave that account with the emperor title...black legion..ruining HOTS ever since their formation -_-