Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

A very large storage unit

I currently use a cart or a wagon as a permanent, stationary storage unit. This is because it beats any other means of storage in the game. I fill them up with rafts and each raft can hold many items with more containers inside them etc.

I suggest a similar storage unit, but one that looks like a storage unit. My crafting stations always have a cart next to it...which looks out of place. If there was some kind of cabinet, wall unit or cupboard or something of the like that can hold many rafts then it will make crafting stations look nice.

• Like 19

lol in my old place inside my house i had, 4 coffins, 12 bsbs, 7 carts, plus piles

of stuff on the ground. in my house, not in deed or  in area.

in my current house im almost the same without the coffins or the carts.

only thing that stops me from cluttering more is im a villager in someone

elses deed, and that brings me to what i wanted to mention.

something like this would reduce the lag

+1

Edited by Griffith
  • Like 3

+1  give us something purpose made.  It would be so much better than  re purposing things as best we can.

• Like 4

for example: a cupboard that holds 4000 volume and 100 items (standard container capacity)

in stead of rafts you could build shelves that hold 500 volume and 100 items (max 8 shelves per cupboard)

Shelves could be made visible in the cupboard model.

• Like 5

for example: a cupboard that holds 4000 volume and 100 items (standard container capacity)

in stead of rafts you could build shelves that hold 500 volume and 100 items (max 8 shelves per cupboard)

Shelves could be made visible in the cupboard model.

This.

Also maybe make crafting stations. Something that slightly changes its visuals depending on the items inside it, so that we can stop imping inside coffins, and at the same time have a better visual indicator for our shops/crafting stations.

• Like 6

lol in my old place inside my house i had, 4 coffins, 12 bsbs, 7 carts, plus piles

of stuff on the ground. in my house, not in deed or  in area.

in my current house im almost the same without the coffins or the carts.

only thing that stops me from cluttering more is im a villager in someone

elses deed, and that brings me to what i wanted to mention.

something like this would reduce the lag

+1

uhm reduce lag? If items are inside a structure, you have to be within 5 tiles for them to render. So what lag are you referring to?

+1 to the idea though, would love it I need space for my saddles and barding lol

uhm reduce lag? If items are inside a structure, you have to be within 5 tiles for them to render. So what lag are you referring to?

+1 to the idea though, would love it I need space for my saddles and barding lol

There's a limit to how many items you can have per tile inside a building, to reduce lag. If you have one container that replaces 3-4 other containers like this idea, then ti will work towards reducing lag.

Mega Storage Bin

Bsb > Msb

holds 5-10x same amount as bsb :)

There's a limit to how many items you can have per tile inside a building, to reduce lag. If you have one container that replaces 3-4 other containers like this idea, then ti will work towards reducing lag.

You're referring to decorations which are limited to reduce rendering lag, which is minimal already due to them not rendering unless you're within 5 tiles of those items, if you have 10x piles of items each filled with 100x items, it will only render each pile (10x piles) so again, what lag is it going to reduce? 10x piles of items isn't going to cause much lag in your house, and from outside it's not going to cause much, if any lag as the piles won't render unless you're within 5 tiles of the piles.

Unless you have a 6x6 house that is 10+ floors high and each tile on each floor has piles of items on each tile, you're unlikely to see any noticable "lag"

So again, this is a great suggestion, but no need to try and justify the need for it by saying "so much lag, we need this" as there's little to no "lag" caused by piles around your house.

if you have 10x piles of items each filled with 100x items, it will only render each pile (10x piles) so again

That is distinctly NOT how it works, if you load a pile, you load the list that is inside, and the client uses that list to decides what "model" to use for the pile. (ie, "birchwood object pile" or "random box of tools pile" or "pile of sand")

This has been tested over and over and just is the way it is.

• Like 1

This idea could work nicely in conjunction with the new furniture being introduced into the game. Just make some large furniture like container that would serve in this capacity.

=Ayes=

+1 but i remeber when people had only chests and carts, then bsb made everyone a hoarder cause of all this free space, would like to see a msb tho or a pallot of good or something

Personal Vault

Must be built on a Deed inside a house.

Treated at a giant size coffin that can hold a lot of items perhaps volume size of a wagon, not like a BSB or FSB.  ( can be extended by using rafts / barrels Only backpacks ect )

Hard Minimum - 40? to 50? Blacksmithing  to make

5 Metal sheets ( metal type reflects color ect like altars )

1 Large Padlock

4 Ribbons ( hinges )

Can be loaded into wagon, push / pulled,  can be rotated

graphic shows twice the size of a full BSB ( around Avatar height ) on a single tile, like a the size of a FSB

38771w.jpg

** changed to be able to load / unload it in wagons **

Edited by Stormblade
  • Like 5

+1 Yes please my house is too clutter and allow big things like tools to go in it. I don't want to deal with more coffins and barrels.

Personal Vault

Must be built on a Deed inside a house.

Treated at a giant size coffin that can hold a lot of items perhaps volume size of a wagon, not like a BSB or FSB.  ( can be extended by using rafts / barrels Only backpacks ect )

Hard Minimum - 40? to 50? Blacksmithing  to make

5 Metal sheets ( metal type reflects color ect like altars )

1 Large Padlock

4 Ribbons ( hinges )

Can not be loaded or moved can be rotated

graphic shows twice the size of a full BSB ( around Avatar height ) on a single tile, like a the size of a FSB

38771w.jpg

I want this.

The bigger the better, don't care if it needs high amounts of skill or resources, the more high end storage items the better.

+1

huge -1 to containers that can't loaded and moved.

IMO, the container should hold about 16,000 volume and can be loaded into a wagon. By the way, a Wagon is about 16,000 volume.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, this will not increase the number of items people hoard....we use large carts with 7 rafts in it already...each raft holds 10 backpacks, each backpack can hold 100 items.

All im suggesting is the equivalent container to a large cart...but it looks like a cabinet and is stationary.

In addition, i am not suggesting another bulk bin. I am looking for something that can hold the tools/weapons I'm in the process of imping or casting on, barrels of water, etc... As well it needs to be able to be organized. Right now i label each of the 7 rafts so i know what is in it....items to be imped/items ready for enchanting/items ready for sale/weapons/tools/horse gear etc...

This item should not be something that can be loaded while full, but probably could be loaded when empty to be moved.

Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 2

Keep in mind, this will not increase the number of items people hoard....we use large carts with 7 rafts in it already...each raft holds 10 backpacks, each backpack can hold 100 items.

All im suggesting is the equivalent container to a large cart...but it looks like a cabinet and is stationary.

In addition, i am not suggesting another bulk bin. I am looking for something that can hold the tools/weapons I'm in the process of imping or casting on, barrels of water, etc... As well it needs to be able to be organized. Right now i label each of the 7 rafts so i know what is in it....items to be imped/items ready for enchanting/items ready for sale/weapons/tools/horse gear etc...

This item should not be something that can be loaded while full, but probably could be loaded when empty to be moved.

+1 End the dominance of the large cart full of containers.